• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Recent content by Puddle

1. Puddle

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Do we know when the next trailer and news announcement will be? It's been well over a month since the last one! The ORAS trailers mainly showcased the new Mega Evolutions, but assuming there isn't going to be anything like that in BDSP, I wonder what the trailers will focus on? And will they...
  2. Puddle

What was your first shiny?

I have some hazy memories (which may not be entirely accurate) of encountering a shiny Zubat at Tohjo Falls, and possibly also a Rattata at the Lake of Rage, in Silver. But the first shiny I managed to catch was a Zigzagoon in Ruby, in the patch of grass on Route 104 just outside Petalburg. If...
  3. Puddle

Obscure Pokémon game trivia

In Let's Go Pikachu and Eeeve, there's a sketchbook in Professor Oak's lab that looks identical to the one the young Oak had in Pokemon 4ever. That's something I've known about for a while, but I think I may have just spotted another movie reference in these games. In Cinnabar Mansion, just...
  4. Puddle

I wonder whether we actually will see the protagonist doing that shrinking animation, like in the original games?
  5. Puddle

Which starter will you choose?

Something I actually kind of like about the lower difficulty is that it gives you more freedom for team options. In Pearl, I originally wanted to keep my Turtwig unevolved (because I adore Turtwig), but I ended up evolving it because battles became too difficult. Maybe I could actually get...
  6. Puddle

Unnatural aspects in Pokemon games, and how you'd change them.

Egg groups seem very unnatural to me. If I had a chance to overhaul the breeding system, I'd scrap egg groups and make it so that Pokemon can only breed with other members of their evolution family (including regional forms and regional evolutions - so Persian could still breed with...
  7. Puddle

I don't know a lot about how game ratings work, but I did notice that the Gen 1 and Gen 2 games all had their PEGI ratings increased to 12 when they were released on the Virtual Console, no doubt because of the Game Corner. Depicting arcades doesn't seem to be an issue, as long as you can't...
  8. Puddle

Speculation Could we see the end of the 3-4 year generational cycle?

I think it's likely that we will continue to see a new region introduced every 3-4 years. Games that introduce a new region, and a substantial amount of new Pokemon, always sell more copies than remakes or enhanced versions. However, I do feel like the idea of grouping games into "generations"...
  9. Puddle

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Did you manage to get past the man on Route 32 (the one who gives you a Miracle Seed) without finishing the Sprout Tower quest? I always assumed that he would stop you. If he doesn't, and Sprout Tower can be skipped, then I expect the scene with your rival would still play out as normal when...
  10. Puddle

Does anyone else really like the singer, "Lorde?"

I got really into Lorde for a while, and bought her first album on CD. I also loved her single Green Light, but never got around to listening to the whole second album. You've made me want to go and do that! I remember when she called out a TV broadcaster for digitally painting over her acne...
  11. Puddle

For better or worse, Game Freak loves to surprise players. They've said so in multiple interviews. It could be that they purposefully deviated from what most people were expecting. Splitting the Sinnoh game into two - one very faithful remake, and one radical re-imagining - was a sure-fire...
  12. Puddle

Greetings from a (sorf of) new Pokemon trainer!

Welcome to the forum! The Kanto portion of Crystal (and battle with Red) is great fun and you'd be missing out if you skipped it. But if you're not in the mood for it right now, you could always play Emerald first and come back to Crystal later. I've just started a Pokemon marathon, where the...
  13. Puddle

Pokemon Legends: Arceus Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

No more games are being made for the 3DS, sadly. I actually prefer the 3DS to the Switch in many ways, and wish the Pokemon series could have stayed on the 3DS for a while longer.
  14. Puddle

Pokemon Legends: Arceus Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

The way Sword and Shield's DLC was handled has actually made me hesitant about buying Shining Pearl or Legends: Arceus on release day, in case they do the same thing again. When I buy a game, I want it to be a full game. I don't want to be told a few months later that I have to spend more money...
  15. Puddle

I wonder whether the Explorer Kit could play a part? In the original games it was only used to access the Underground, but they could add some extra tools to it that you can use to remove obstacles above ground, too. With a name like "Explorer Kit" it almost sounds like it was destined to be...