• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Recent content by Queen Cynthia

1. Queen Cynthia

Review JN032: Celebi: A Timeless Promise

As for the new intro: I'd say the "new" sound something you still have to get used to. Sound a bit shrill and off if you ask me. As for the episode itself: A really nice episode for a filler! It seems to me that episodes focusing on Go are better whenever he's not just Ash's sidekick throwing...
  2. Queen Cynthia

Review JN031: Hinbass's Beautiful Scale

I'd call this a pretty standard filler episode. I don't know why they had to have all those little kids in there because it turned it into a rather childish episode (if it hadn't been for Milotic's appearance). The writers apparently need to appeal to little children every once in a while. Oh...
  3. Queen Cynthia

Review JN030: The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd

I actually expected this review thread to have much more comments because this was easily one of the best, most mature and most amazing episodes of Pokemon Journeys! So much depth, character insights and great references to the past! As a fan who's been following the show since its very...
  4. Queen Cynthia

Review JN029: Electrifying Jealousy! Wanpachi's Feelings

As expected, this week's episode was a filler but in the end it turned out not to be as bad as I feared at first. Koharu is still one of the characters I do not really like becuase I think she's pretty bland. So, I didn't expect that she would do many spectacular things today. At least we got to...
  5. Queen Cynthia

Review JN028: Sobbing Messon

I'd call this a typical filler episode, albeit not the worst one. Sobble (and its final evolution Inteleon in particular) is my favorite Galar starter, so I guess it was about time it got its debut. Plus, its unique ability to vanish when getting in contact with water sure sets it apart from the...
  6. Queen Cynthia

Review JN027: Legends of Heroes! Dande's Greatest Battle!!

Perfect example of bad writing. It's the same with Go being able to catch Pokemon effortlessly We could analyse that in detail but I'll do you the favor and won't do it (although I'd love to :LOL:)
  7. Queen Cynthia

No, what I'm trying to say is that after Ash has beaten Leon (which is going to happen anyways), I'm sure the journey's not over. There will be stronger trainers because we've seen that Leon isn't that strong after all. He can only triumph in Galar because it's where he's got access to G-Max and...
  8. Queen Cynthia

G-Max Wildfire actually is a five-turn move. But frankly, I'm still wondering how this is going to work in practice given the fact that Dynamax /G-Max only lasts for three turns. He'd suck terribly! And that's why I hope that in light of the upcoming DPPt remakes, Cynthia will return at the...
  9. Queen Cynthia

Except both have proven they can win a) with other Pokemon as well and b) don't need to rely on some locally restricted power gimmicks. All of a sudden, the announcer's comment makes so much sense: Leon was born and raised in Galar (and probably never left it) ... Now guess why.... The more I'm...
  10. Queen Cynthia

Right! That's why I don't want to see another one of his battles, because it will just be the very same pattern again. Is it ? Maybe that was true for Early-Ash, but not now. Would be a pretty poor protagonist if you ask me. Or were you referring to Leon? (He's not a protagonist though)...
  11. Queen Cynthia

Ok , you know I don't like Leon at all (to put it mildly) but after this episode even the big Leon fans will have to admit that so-called champion does not deserve that hype at all. He might be a strong trainer, no doubt about it, but that's it! No "ultimate trainer", no "supreme monarch" or...
  12. Queen Cynthia

Review JN026: Jump! Koiking / Put it On! Yadoking

Yeah, I know they have some strange sense of humor sometimes (at least for Westeners). But considering they could have done a two-parter for that great Ash-vs-Korrina battle from last week, it really angers me why they had to give us that crap instead.
  13. Queen Cynthia

Review JN026: Jump! Koiking / Put it On! Yadoking

Um, guys, what the hell was that??? This "episode" didn't feel like Pokemon at all! Seriously, it rather felt like the writers were on drugs. I've got no other explanation for that extent of craziness. The first part was unnecessary and pointless and the second part freaked me out completely ...
  14. Queen Cynthia

Review JN025: A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

The problem with the idea of Ash being a champion and people thus believing that he has to plough his way through the lower classes is that he basically started all over again after returning to Kanto. Apart from Pikachu he hasn't got any of the Pokemon with him that fought in the Alola League...
  15. Queen Cynthia

Review JN025: A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Well, I do Like Korrina as a character. She was arguably one of the best characters Ash met during XYZ. Still, I usually find myself rooting for our hero form Pallet Town, but not automatically, only if he deserves it. (Honor to whom honor is due). This time I think he didn't deserve a victory...