Recent content by Rachael

1. Rachael

What was your first shiny?

I don't remember for sure what the first shiny I caught was. For a long time, I just made shinies faint, because there was no permanent place to store them outside your game, and I'm always resetting games to play through them with different teams. The first shiny I remember getting, however...
  2. Rachael

Legends Z-A Predictions For New Megas?

Hmm...Well, I wouldn't mind seeing a Flygon mega, since so many people want one. And I agree that the Kalos starters deserve some megas, too. For me, megas are far more interesting when they're attached to an average Pokemon instead of a strong one. It's also fun when it's a Pokemon that's been...
  3. Rachael

Your controversial opinions

You make a good point. Later gens definitely focus more on battling than things like contests and secret bases. SV also had a lot less character customization available, since everyone was wearing uniforms. Then you have every generation getting a "gimmick," which gets removed within a...
  4. Rachael

I don't mind that most of the main series games have "basically the same plot." Or rather, I don't have a problem with the plots that the game's writers have created. There may be a similar overarching plot for every game, but what I love is that the details change. Each game focuses on a...
  5. Rachael

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

Well, I would have preferred a Johto game (or at least a non-Legends game), but I'm excited about this, too! I'm assuming there will be real-time combat similar to PLA, which I'm dreading, but also more or less resigned and convinced that I can figure it out. Note to self: Don't ever go to the...
  6. Rachael

Speculation Future Pokemon Game Speculation Thread

Wait, I'm confused. How can it be years of save data if SV hasn't even been out for two years? Am I missing something? I apologize if this is a stupid question.
  7. Rachael

Thank you. I'm also aware that this is very YMMV. I'm sure someone out there found the Lilligant fight too hard, or even the Kleavor fight. I'm sure there's someone who was overwhelmed by the auto-battle part of raiding Team Star. In PLA, I found Electrode to be much easier than Arcanine and...
  8. Rachael

That's fair--and I would be fine with real-time combat being explored if it wasn't billed as one of the "main series" games. I'm well aware that this is my issue and not everyone else's, but I really hate the idea of skipping a main series game. It makes me feel left out and left behind. And...
  9. Rachael

What generation of Pokémon do you feel more familiar with (out of all the groups of Pokémon)?

Gen I, easy. When I play Let's Go Eevee, I can even remember how the original dialogue has been changed from RBY. I can easily memorize the first 151 Pokemon, and I can still remember key parts of the Pokemon handbook, as well as its many errors. The original series of the anime is also the one...
  10. Rachael

Why is Sabrina a gym leader if she dislikes battling?

In Pokemon RBY and every remake after--including Masters--Sabrina states that she dislikes battling. Why, then, is she not only a gym leader, but one who beat the Fighting Dojo into losing its gym status? If Saffron decided to have only one gym, this would have been a perfect opportunity for her...
  11. Rachael

Oh, shit, you're right! I guess I was thinking of sequential remakes--1 being in Gen III, 2 being in Gen IV, 3 being in Gen VI, and 4 being in Gen VIII. Obviously, if we're talking about out-of-sequence remakes, it's a different story.
  12. Rachael

I'm sorry, I might be misunderstanding, but...what in my post are you responding to? Did I say something that contradicts this? (I'm not being sarcastic or antagonistic, so I apologize if I come across that way. I just want to know.)
  13. Rachael

I can't be the only one who hates the ARPG/real-time combat they included in Legends: Arceus, and kind of disliked it for that reason, can I? I really hope it was a one-time thing, but I have a feeling that another one for Johto is going to come out. I actually wouldn't mind if they'd just leave...
  14. Rachael

Which pokemon cry is your favorite?

I have a lot that I love--Vaporeon, Articuno, Pidgey, Honchkrow, Bidoof, Bibarel, Glaceon, Fearow, Lillipup--but I think my absolute favorite is the iconic DEEEEEELELELELE WHOOOP. It makes me smile every time I hear it. Gen IV is when cries started to get really creative and individual. I also...
  15. Rachael

I just say "China" because it's the most populated country in the world. It pleases my OCD to name a country instead of a region. It also pleases my OCD to pick the most populated country. Oh, I guess India's more populated than China as of 2023. So I guess I'm hoping for a region based on...
Back
Top Bottom