Robo-Floatzel
Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Having the time of my life, got a ferret for my birthday!!
    It's cage is next to my "Mustelid Collection" mostly plushies, tins and figurines
    I wish I could find a Flotzel plush, so far haven't seen any.
    wow, just noticed, almost a year since last sent you a VM
    SUCKS! I went Home Sick from School twice last week, had a SLIGHT Fever on Thursday, and on Friday had a VERY BAD HEADACHE that WPULDN'T GO AWAY!!!!!!
    I never thought i would be saying this but i also wish that pokemon anime ends in near future. Because i have no interest in seeing them milking it to dry bone until this show lose everything it stood for and all of its charm(it had its highlights). Because well none of us live forever and if there exist something after death none of us really know that.
    I just feel pokemon anime shouldn't last forever and im thinking. Have it wrapped up with Ash journey, last region dedicate to each of Ash replaced companions getting mini arcs of 15 to 25 episodes focusing on coming closer toward their dreams, explore on new personality traits and new sides to him we didnt even knew they existed until they find themselves in strange situations(for example i had no idea Misty had that timid, shy side in her before she was put in surrounding which would invoke such feelings from her from dangerous creepy places or when boys would ask her on date like Georgio from chronicles being left perplexed or Ash showing fascination and enthusiasm over Cilan evaluations or now Clemont inventions when seeing them for first time).

And of course bring badass pokemon, battle strong trainers or coordinators going through bigger, more challenging development in tying up loose ends. Giving us one last time to enjoy in their silly taunts, vibrant characterization and interesing dreams they pursue kicking *** in action again.
    With reunion of orginal three(Ash, Misty and Brock)holding meaningful point to it if it was in last region having things come back to its roots with new future being built through well liked and iconic, in many ways enjoyable cast which brought upo so much joy and eventful moments.

p.s. In other news to stray away from rather tiring topic.
    Do you maybe play Yugioh card game, or are you interested in anything Yugioh related?
    p.s. OMG Thank you, lol. That GIF made my day making me laugh.:)
    You know mate if pokemon anime ever ends with some dignity left behind it(well not like it has any anymore, but it could maybe retrieve some of lost charm), i have just one simple wish. I would like if writers reunited Ash with Misty and Brock to pay tribute to pokemnon roots and era when everything just started out. Saving their reunion for last pokemon saga going on one more adventure together.

Nothing big, just one season where we get to see those three united going on mini adventure together advancing their own dreams and ambitions in Brock becoming renowned doctor, Misty becoming E4 water trainer(first apprentice of elite trainer) known and respected for her skills and pokemon master overcoming tasks to get there(like mini tournaments, underwater battling, using water types on surface where theyre at disadvantage and battle evaluators to see if shes worthy for such position). Ash battling his father and entering some sort of league for pokemon masters where champions from each region gathers and enter tests to qualify for big tournament where winner is decided acquiring master title. Because it would be really fun to see how they would interact after so much time of separation, remembering on good old days and reviving on comedy, flare, brash remarks and strong feelings they share taking friendship in new dimensions.
    Yeah, tell me about it. There were so many ideas and activities Team Rocket in games commited in first/second generation of games but most of them never saw light of the day(Radio Tower,pursue of Ruby/Sapphire gems, defeat of Giovanni with TR trying to recuperate and revive organization). Seven sages in Team Plasma storyline and more thorough introspection of N character and motives. World Cup which was absolute disaster getting coverage in form of provincial glorified form of Don George battle club, instead of making big adventure. Returning various past gym leaders, Frontier Brains, E4 members and all kind of powerful experts forming significant, memorable and exciting story out of it. Rather than trash called Decolora islands.

Its actually pretty ironic. Writers seem to be more skilled and better in writing for anime exclusive characters and arcs. Some of best and most groundbreaking storylines and characters were anime only product. Like Ash rival Paul, ruthless Hunter J, pirate like adventure Orange islands exhibiting with fresh mysteries and all kind of interesting plot twists resulting in Misty almost leaving Ash, Chariozard reconciliating with his trainer, unique competitions which deviated from standard gym battles.

Veiled with mystery and connection to ancient times Whirl Cup which brought different, interesting way of utilizing pokemon species and how exciting pokemon battles can be with single type. Same success achieved pokeringer with flying pokemon. Etc.

But when it comes to games which already have prepared material making it easier for writers not having to come up with their ideas they can throw it to waste quite easily.
    Im all for proper adaptation of villains and important plots like World Cup for example decanted on big screen in gratifying way though. Because disgrace they did with several game characters, arcs and unique plots originating from games was downright horrible.

But im also of belief how staff should cut down abit on constant replacing doing mix of older and new exploring on various interactions between characters having student-mentor relationship, watch they evolve and advance forward utilizing previously learned knowledge learning new, fresh things while not getting rid of new companions which start their journey would give this anime certain appeal to most fans out there, making it to an extent more than just 30 minute long advertizing, with writers having free hands to add some of originality and their own imagination in whole thing treating it like actual story with continuity and strong sense of world building. With writers adding their own touch into storyline and progression of characters. Making it more unpredictable and suspense.

There should exist balance between two medias allowing for more individuality. Adding for more unpredictable, eventful and game changing story. Because while people can say what they want about different style of writing in older seasons. There is no denying how with all its flaws anime written under chief series writer at that time Takeshi Shudo(rest in peace)with mr. Tomioka continuing on with his train of thought and legacy to extent in Hoenn region was era when pokemon was most popular and appreciated among viewers. When you hear people who thought Johto was terrible(Master Quest was amazing though and beginning) saying how even this saga beats out of water BW and XY it says ALOT on how much things deteriorated.
    Thats fine. Its sad to see your love and optimism for this anime and characters completely died, but this is solely writers fault. In treating their viewers, characters and story with such disrespect and disgrace resulting in losing one by one. Their customers, viewers, respect of people for their work and credibility. Well done writers, but even more so director and head director of pokemon anime (Yuyama Kunihiko) from who all directives and decisions come in reality. Not even head writer have as much influence as that guy does and other executives on top positions.

Their arrogant, callous and greedy approach is slowly but surely leading to this anime falling apart if something dont changes in near future. Still hoping personally writers will pull of something completely unexpected after 20th anniversary doing sequel with older character stories taking them in entirely new, thrilling directrions picking up from where things stopped like digimon did, but i know they arent that smart and determined for such feat.

p.s. Either way thank you for sharing how you feel, because i understand your pain and disappointment, wont bother you with this subject anymore.

I only hope you wont leave bulbagarden because i wish we could remain in touch, talk from time to time about all kind of things and make our friendship stronger.
    Because low ratings, drop of people interest and loyalty seems to be starting to leave effect on pokemon company.

Otherwise how to explain voice actors expressing protest through blogs of how are directors responsible for anime handling its characters, past and story. First TR voice actors and than Misty VA Mayumi meeting with Junichi Masuda(one of gamefreak directors). How to explain main animator Maasaki Iwane and person responsible for pokemon movies Hideki Sonoda establishing contact with fans. Trying to get themselves closer to fans, take in account their input , ideas, complaints and see how they can improve their quality?

Asking them what replaced characters they want back etc? Something Maasaki Iwane asked fans on twitter regarding what replaced main girl from pokemon they want back.

This seems to me like desperate attempt from writers to save what could be saved and trying to collect enough information, what is atmosphere and mood among fans and viewers. To see if they could change direction and make pokemon more accessible, rewarding and worthwhile to follow.

I guess im one of those whose old habits die hard. :p
    So im willing to give writers one last chance now in XY series and possible 20th anniversary to see if something unexpected and satisfying will occur. If not, well time for me to quit as well.

p.s. Sorry for multiple messages. Only wanted to share with you how im not far from abandoning this show as well. But still have tiny bit of faith and hope left to see if writers can prove me wrong. As hard as that may be. :)
    Other franchise do this. Recently news of Digimon regarding 20th anniversary planning to release in Spring of 2015 sequel to Digimon adventure. Focusing on continuation of Tai, Sorra, Joe, Mmi, Matt etc stories in their teenage years going on completely new adventure regarding their ordinary lives, careers and relation to Digi world(not just special but whole freaking series focusing on original cast)knocked down Digimon community with no one expecting such gesture from those in charge. Saying how fans are extatic would be understatement, given how much hype and joy this news brought.

Company responsible for Sailor Moon production decided to answer pleas of their customers and fans doing remake in form of Sailor Moon Crystal following more closely manga this time. Move which made many people happy.

Pokemon company could learn a thing or two from them definitely.

But i dont know. Im still sticking with it is because of Ash wanting to see how it ends as well my favorites which are sadly gone and ignored (well like junk) getting some recognition and deserved screen time(development) eventually. Like Misty if ever regarding her water master career and desire to become famous/powerful like E4 Lorelei, her unexplored past like parents invoking in her insecurity and selfdoubts of beng failure in their eyes, encountering weird specie like Binnacle and Surskit hetting over her prejudices in choosing pokemon by looks and accepting pokemon despite being half bug(imagine how much development she could get there) having room to be used.
    Sometimes rewatch of older seasons can help reinvent your interest into something, bringing you memories of older days and times you used to enjoy in it. Giving me motivation and desire to stick with anime in hope of things changing for better(XY series have new director so maybe he could change current formula stepping up game, maybe).
    Well arguably writers tried something different with Ash rotating pokemon, making Team Rocket more competent and impacting on plot in BW. They introduced first female rival(Bianca), but it didnt amounted to more enjoyable show since most of this idea ended as wasted potential. Suffering from poor and disorganized writing turning into failure.
    They allegendly are trying to build on aspect of romance with Serena existence, but with this move they disrespect on what they established in past as well. Rewriting canon, because Misty was considered to be first female friend Ash ever had and forgetting, ignoring that Misty developed rimantic feelings for Ash leaving that plot completely open(well it was prety obvious at times how she had).

I believe pokemon staff became egocentric, arrogant and too ignorant to realize how their disrespect toward Ash character development, letting marketing take all priority over creating substantial, actualy storyline. Which has its own characters, plot, character development, patterns and direction to follow. Only borrowing elements from games to expand on story, rather than completely succumbing continuity, universe and characters to games. Pay attention to its history, important characters which left influence on main plot and main protagonist acknowledging their existence and unfinished stories. Anime which dont forgets its roots and development, sense of progression made in previous seasons and sagas continuing and building it forward in future ones. Anime which is attributed by emotion, original and creative new ideas, actual depth and novelty in planning out and progressing narrative etc.
    I see then, this is BIG TROUBLE RIGHT NOW, I got $100 every 2 weeks at my Camp this Summer just by Watering the Plants, Cleaning the Pool Filets Baskets, and Cleaning up the Shop.

Happy 300 Messages :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom