Robo-Floatzel
Local time
6:28 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Sorry if i upset you. I just wanted to help.:-(

Cheer you up, make you feel better and bring some optimism in discussion. Showing how not everything need to be as dark as it seems and how maybe winds of change could take pokemon anime toward better, more satisfying direction.

I respect your decision though. If thats how you feel and cannot bring yourself to have any ounce of hope and patience anymore, i understand that.
    Hi, i decided to send my reply through private message, because character limit of visitor messaging is impractical to express more thoroughly my thoughts.

Hope you dont mind. :p
    I also noticed how way in which Ash will interact also depends on characters and their type of personalities he meddles with. For example reason why more of brash, imulsive and passionate side from Ash character came on surface before is because of Misty character who seemed to be quite alike to him in being stubborn, adventurous or hotheaded but also more down to earth challenging his ego and pushing him to try harder. In Hoenn when she appeared or in Mastermind special through teasing, sassy nature and curious, competitive attitude Ash childish, more impulsive nature was kinda awakened when responding back.

I swear watch Misty cameos in Hoenn(like when releasing Togepi) or Mastermind of Mirage pokemon special, youll see increase of energy, drama and suspension in cast interactions with Ash seeming more lively in her presence. Feeling like your watching characters which have some complexity and substance in themselves.

Which current XY cast lacks. It lacks imo more sarcastic, fiery or strongwilled characters who know how to bring more spice and flare in group dynamics.
    Not to mention current status quo and writers strategy of keeping main story in circulum vitious, while replacing characters treating their stories , their legacy and continuity like crap.

Is only netting pokemon series bad reputation, lowering people appeal and appreciation for writers work given how they treat their own creations with no respect, acknowledgemernt of their importance in anime universe they write for as whole leaving their stories, started plots, goals and issues unresolved defeating point behind making them than in first place.

It damages continuity, contributes to shallow plot and discourage people from staying invested in characters with who they could associate tnemselves with prompting them to continue watching anime. Thus remaining loyal to it. Which is , very, very, very bad formula in developing loyalty and devotedness among your viewers, maintaining people interest and quality of story as whole. Formula which isn't sustainable and cannot last forever.

Thats one of reasons why im advocating for return of older main characters. Becaused they would force writers to explain Ash past to new generatioins,. Increase cointinuity and give coverage on previous Ash feats, situations and important persons which left trace on pokemon history. Make character dynamic more meaningful because they and Ash have histiory, know themseles and matured to better accept each other flaws and deal with them. Opening gates toward more emotion, more conflict, more dimension being added to Ash personality and character interplay after long separation and reunion between close friends . While adding more meat to story with their comeback. Update oin their own lifes, Goals, careers and how much they improved, changed in meantime. Shaking up current monotony and slump in which pokemon anime fall into.
    Hi, remember me?:)

I have to congratulate you for pretty much hitting nail on the head with your post aboiut drastic drop in pokemon quality, characterization and ignoring past, previous development and characters like it never happened in that thread.

I only wouldnt say that Ash and others dont have emotions and characters. It just happens those interaction tend to be one dimensional and lacking variety, especially in XY series with everything being sappy and way too happy like they live in utopia world. Something previous generations, especially earlier ones like OS or AG didnt followed showing how there exist danger, pain and traumatic experiences with there existing genuine evil people. Evil pokemon and cruel acts with everything not being super positive in pokemon world. Building on realism and dash of mature elements sprinkled in story.

People say Johto was bad? Well even Johto had more emotion, better characterization between Ash, Misty and Brock and original, creative storylines compared to sugar coated product in form of XY.

Which says ALOT.
    Oh cool, link me to your page, I don't even think I have an account on that, but sounds intriguing lol. Yeah, favorite is Jolteon, yours is Floatzel? :)
    Haha, his clothes even look like they're for riding on motorcycles. That would make for an epic battle.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom