Recent content by Roobertoober

1. R

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4) So I was running around Iron Island, leveling up a pokemon via Experience Share, using my Torterra. Over time, it eventually levels up as well, and it's gained a ridiculous 9 defense. I knew I'd be getting tons of Defense EVs, but the highest I...
  2. R

VG Weekly Poll #43 Favourite Water-type starter?

If we're just going by starters, Totodile baaaarely beats Squirtle, who baaaaarely beats Mudkip. But if we're taking evolutions into account, it'd have to be Squirtle. I had a level 100 Blastoise my brother helped me level (I was like 8) back in Red version. I transferred it (along with my 100...
  3. R

A Quick Question Regarding Move Relearners Okay, let's so I have a, I dunno, level 35 Weavile. I would love to have Ice Shard, but obviously I can't learn it normally, since only Sneasel learns it, and not until 49 in Gen IV, where this is taking place, and it wasn't bred onto him. Can I use...
  4. R

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V) Forget it. Managed to fix it myself.
  5. R

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V) Neat, thanks guys. :D
  6. R

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V) Can I trade a (for example) Carvanha from whatever version to Platinum version without needing the national dex? Normally it's only obtainable after you get it, but I have like entirely ignored trading rules (trading entirely, really) and...
  7. R

The Shiny Encounters Thread

The only non-hacked shiny I've ever seen was a Shiny Rattatta on a friend's Gold version. Until today, when I bought a used copy of Platinum. Whoever owned it before definitely hacked or glitched whatever, the pack has 995 of everything and freezes a way down the inventory. Also has a shiny...
  8. R

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V) I've always been confused when it comes to evolutions and remakes. Specifically, let's say I trade a Gligar to my Soulsilver from whatever version I caught it in and have it hold a Razor Fang so I can evolve it. Will it evolve at all, or do I...
  9. R

Newbie spriterguy here.

Oh wow, I can see the difference. Can see why that would be a pain.
  10. R

Newbie spriterguy here.

Hm. The guide said to avoid .jpgs, so I've been using .pngs. I'll try doing the RGB thing so I don't have to use Paint, thanks. I can't find a way to turn off Anti-aliasing(?) there and there's no Pencil option, sadly. It works, but it's not as neat and tidy. Out of curiosity, what makes .jpg a...
  11. R

Newbie spriterguy here.

Actually, I entirely forget I can use the fill tool, both the ones I posted I did pixel by pixel, and the one I'm doing (instead of going to bed like I said I would) is having the same problem. I'm doing a trainer this time, and I just want blue pants, but every time I try to color the pants...
  12. R

Newbie spriterguy here.

Okay, so just did a Gardevoir/Darkrai recolor, but some weird things happened. Trying to do the eye, the blue from most of Darkrai's eye was the exact same green as a green section next to Gardevoir's eye, the closest I could get was the light section of his eye. No matter how much I tried to...
  13. R

Newbie spriterguy here.

Well, Paint on Windows 7 is NEW AND CONFUSING, so I stuck with Photoshop and got it working. Already developing a few tricks, thank you both for the tips, and that site was immensely useful. I've (hopefully) successfully recolored something, gonna post it here in a sec. ALSO, really wish I had...
  14. R

Newbie spriterguy here.

Yeah, I've been messing around in Photoshop and I'm starting to see what you mean. Thanks for the info. :D
  15. R

Newbie spriterguy here.

So I'm quite interested in this whole spriting nonsense. Is there a specific way to go about doing it, or do I just slap some sprites in Photoshop and liberally apply eraser/move tool? Any advice? The only thing I've done was a quick MS Paint to shop Charmander's head and tail onto Blastoise...
Back
Top Bottom