• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Recent content by SeanWheeler

1. SeanWheeler

Sinnoh Dex should have had all the Gen IV Pokémon

Don't be so sure. Removing the National Dex from Sword and Shield was the worst PR decision Game Freak made. They'd want to make up for it. And besides, Pokémon HOME has the National Dex, and all of the Galar Pokémon have National Dex numbers. They won't get rid of the National Dex that easily.
  2. SeanWheeler

Anyway, the better Pokédex is what got me ordering Platinum from Amazon today. It should be coming around my birthday.
  3. SeanWheeler

There was no need to force the Sinnoh Dex to have the same number as Kanto. But I'm guessing they left new Pokémon out to promote the National Dex gimmick. Maybe the remakes would include all the Diamond and Pearl Pokémon because of Dexit, or maybe the National Dex would be brought back for the...
  4. SeanWheeler

We could discuss how you could have done the Sinnoh Dex differently if you worked at Game Freak, or what you hope the remakes would change about the Sinnoh Dex. Maybe even where you could have seen the missing legendaries before beating Cynthia.
  5. SeanWheeler

Pokémon Z: How Would You Have Done It?

The Zygarde thing from Sun and Moon should have been in Z. And the Z-moves probably wouldn't have been referred to as such if Pokémon Z was released, unless the Z crystals were introduced in Z. If there should be any changes to the Pokédex, it should be shrunk down and not split into three. The...
  6. SeanWheeler

Yeah, I sure hope so. I would even like it if the remakes give you catchable Mythical Pokémon similar to the Deoxys in ORAS just so that you could fill the Sinnoh Dex without needing Mystery Gifts. And I guess the Hoenn Regis would have to be included because of Regigigas, and half of the Battle...
  7. SeanWheeler

EVERYONE: Pokémon the Series: Plus and Minus
    Threadmarks: Reviewing my first chapter

With Alola in this script referenced as the last region, this didn't age well. I might need to rewrite it. Especially since Ash DID break his losing streak in Alola. And a flying Bewear taking them to Alola? How would Team Rocket get back to Illis in Episode 2? And of course now that Ash is...
  8. SeanWheeler

From an out of universe standpoint, why do you think Ash won the Alola league?

Still think he should have went to Galar full a whole journey instead of jumping back and forth between regions. Then again, I'm judging a season I haven't watched yet, so I could be wrong. The school setting of Alola turned out fine even though you'd think Ash wouldn't need school. It developed...
  9. SeanWheeler

So in Diamond and Pearl, Professor Rowan gives you the Sinnoh Pokédex with a mission to fill it just by seeing all the Pokémon (you don't have to catch them). You battle every trainer in Sinnoh on your way to the Elite Four to have seen a total of 149 Pokémon. Then you find the picture of the...
  10. SeanWheeler

His goal ever since his Kanto journey was to become a Pokémon Master. And the novelizations of the anime has specified that to do this, he'd have to catch all 150 Pokémon and become the champion. Of course, he'd have to catch more than 150 now that they kept adding to the series, with the...
  11. SeanWheeler

That just makes me even more mad that they went straight into the PWT after Ash won his first game-based league. If this is the tournament that proves that Ash is the best of the best, he can't win it for the very reason he lost every league from Kanto to Kalos. There's just nothing for him...
  12. SeanWheeler

I still would have liked it better if they actually adapted Sword and Shield. This Pokémon World Tournament thing could have been a filler between generations AFTER Ash participates in the Galar league but before the Generation IX games release. He's probably going to lose the PWT isn't he?
  13. SeanWheeler

How does the Pokémon World Tournament work in the anime? I can't watch it until the dub comes on Netflix. But I thought of the bracket from Black 2 and White 2. Pretty sure we only got three rounds in the game's version? Not a good way to show him facing off against all the Gym Leaders. You...
  14. SeanWheeler

Or they can have Stow-on-Side and Circhester each have two competing Gyms, and Ash would have to pick whether he challenges Bea or Allister in Stow-on-Side and whether he challenges Gordie or Melony in Circhester.