Recent content by Serverus Snope

1. Serverus Snope

Review HZ008: The Secret of the Unopened Door

It would've been vindication for the original anime's infamous Spearow slander. :P
  2. Serverus Snope

Sexism in the Pokemon anime

Honestly, Liko not kicking ass right out of the gate doesn't bother me too much. Her first opponents were far more experienced trainers trying to kidnap her and It'd be like expecting Michael from Pokemon XD to beat Zook the first time he ran into him.
  3. Serverus Snope

[Spoilers] What is your favorite character so far in Scarlet/Violet?

Seconded. [Still endgame spoilers:] My other votes go to Ryme for being such a fun Gym Leader and... the entire main character friend group. Arven's the most standout character, but Nemona's development and backstory reveal were surprisingly effective in a more subtle way. (.) [Also endgame...
  4. Serverus Snope

your favorite Pokémon main character

My first vote is for the other Nate. He's got a subtle skater/surfer boy energy to him. (What can I say? I'm a 2000s kid.) But for the main series, Hilda still has one of the most distinctive designs of the bunch and Hilbert is probably the only one I even look remotely similar to in real life.
  5. Serverus Snope

Am I the only one who is horribly disappointed with the duck’s final evolution?

Quaquaval wasn't quite what I expected Quaxly's final evolution to be. I guess I was expecting a swordsman/musketeer type. But I think the initial shock has worn off. I've grown used to the dance battler duck and it's growing on me. (It helps that I like Dancer from FFXIV.)
  6. Serverus Snope

[SPOILERS] Which are your favorite Pokemon from Gen IX's full roster?

Skeledirge - I guess I like starters who look intimidating but are total softies. I liked Emboar, after all. Skeledirge takes it even further by being a sensitive, soulful musician. I just kinda wish its signature move was less busted. Meowscarada - I didn't choose Sprigatito. But people who...
  7. Serverus Snope

[MAJOR ENDGAME SPOILERS] Which version do you prefer as canon?

So, Professor Sada and Professor Turo end up having the same role in the story as Arven's parent and the cause of the finale's conflict. But in your opinion, who works better as the (posthumous) main antagonist? Then again, many people headcanon both Sada and Turo existing simultaneously and...
  8. Serverus Snope

What will you Name your Character in Scarlet and Violet

...This did not come to pass. I decided that because I can't make a trainer that looks like me or an existing OC, I'd just make new OCs. For Scarlet, there's Caden (stemming from caduceus, a symbol of Hermes.) Naturally, he likes serpentine Pokemon... and birds. For my Violet encore (which I'll...
  9. Serverus Snope

[SPOILERS] Your favorite song/theme from SV?

I love the jarring contrast between the Gym Leader and Elite Four themes. The former is loose and fun while the latter is just pure, unadulterated tension.
  10. Serverus Snope

Nine Reasons Why I Love Pokémon XY!

Doing a Mono Fighting run through Y (with no Mega Evolution or Exp Share) has been interesting. It's allowed me to revisit this game in a way where I'm not overpowered... and Hawluchas are scary in this playthrough. ...It's also an excuse to be with Chesnaught again, honestly. My favorite of...
  11. Serverus Snope

What starters do you plan on getting for Scarlet and Violet?

The fire croc. It's not every day that the Fire-type starter ends up being my favorite.
  12. Serverus Snope

Starters of choice (Please read first post)

For me, it's two fairly easy choices and one kinda difficult choice. - Grass: Chesnaught Chespin goes on a journey from adorable to dorky-cute to stoic but still super wholesome. The line is just a good boi (or grrl depending on the gender.) - Water: Primarina Stylish. Amiable. Hits like a...
  13. Serverus Snope

Favorite Deoxys Forme

Attack Forme, the murder starfish, gets my vote.
  14. Serverus Snope

The Generation Game

Beheeyem
  15. Serverus Snope

Top 30 favorite Pokemon-Too much free time

I just used this site.
Back
Top Bottom