• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Shadao
Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Wow, it's been months since I last logged in and posted here. I need to be more active from now on (though with a lot of social media, that's easier said than done).
    Now this artwork is not made by me. It's a commission I got for being a patron of Suede and his Pokémon reviews.
    Just came by to say I love your avy!
    I definitely want to get my own Rowlet plushie soon, especially seeing how cute it is there :)
    Hey, have you seen the latest Pokémon Anime episode (the special episode)? I've just seen it now - I loved the world-building history part!
    Shadao
    Shadao
    Oh yes, at least the raw version on Youtube. It really does highlight the theme connection of Xerenas, Yveltal, and Zygarde as well as a lot of Romanesque buildings in what would be the Pokéworld counterpart of Gaul (future France). Moreso than the actual XY games. Speaking of which, I was thinking about that war AZ fought 3000 years ago. Based on the era to modern times, it would be over 500 years older than the Roman Republic. And yet the war was very big, meaning that this was a war that doesn't have any real counterpart as far as I can tell. I wonder if it's possible that a World War might have occurred back then. It would explain how Greninja (and the Ninja Tribe) may have ended up in the Kalos region.
    henrymidfields
    henrymidfields
    It just occurred to me now, but would it be something similar to say the Scourage from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, where humans fought against dragons (in FE) or Pokémon (in the XY games) for supremacy? I've previously dismissed this as a writing mistake on GF's part and assumed either the Hundred Years' War against Saxonia (Poke-Britain), or the various War on Religion during the 17-18th Century. (Probably not the 19th Century, and definitely not WWI or II, though; the Kalosian Great War seems to be too romantically narrated for wars that are too graphic and too recent to romanticise.)
    Hey, since the blogs aren't back up for quite some time, what shall we do? Do you play Fire Emblem? Do you want to check out my LP for the time being?
    Shadao
    Shadao
    I do play Fire Emblem: Awakening. Haven't gotten around with it for a long while. And sure, I'll check you LP. But I need a link due to the absence of blog.
    henrymidfields
    henrymidfields
    It is actually over at Serenes Forest. Just bear in mind, I've actually changed the story of Fates Conquest so that it fits in the theme of WWII Pacific Theatre better - and also presenting a story more interesting for my readers. (The actual story in Conquest is widely panned by the Serenes Forest community.) The gameplay footage is all real stuff, though.

Another thing to note, my more recent chapters (mainly Chapter 13 and onwards) have become a mini-fanfic of sorts, due to the increasingly differing story.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=64837
    I'm going to have to make an Ash-Greninja artwork in light of the news today. Just I hope I manage to complete the other major artwork first though (it's a big one).
    Hmmmm... looks like someone doesn't like my little analysis of Alain. Funny, I thought I was being more nice to Alain by starting from the beginning of his career.
    Hey shado! I wanted to know what you think of Pokémon Sun and Moom so far? Especially in regard to the leaked Starter Evos?
    Desdar300
    Desdar300
    I've been thinking... Perphaps the reason Ash lost the KL is because they want him to win the Alola league. The Chinese leaks confirm that Ash Greninja will be in the games plus Ash himself is popping up in apparent Game concept art. So maybe they wanted to avoid a Jotho scenario where Ash's older Mons overshadow his new Mons? Because in all honesty why would a Champion not bring his team to the whatever region they'd go to? The leak also states that the goal is to build a league system in Alola so maybe that's what they want Ash to do and have him be the Champion over there.
    henrymidfields
    henrymidfields
    Could it be possible though, that Ash would be allowed to the Elite Four after all? While I haven't seen the XY episodes, if Alain really screwed up as you (Shadao) said, then maybe he'll get disqualified as a punitive measure? (Which the challenge rights then may go to Ash.) Also, I haven't heard anything in regards to the Sun and Moon anime at all...
    Shadao
    Shadao
    Considering that the Kalos Region has been severely damaged by Team Flare (and that one of the Elite Four is part of the conspiracy), I wouldn't be surprised if the Elite Four challenge was put on hiatus. As for Alain, while I don't think he'll be stripped of his title forcibly, I believe it is very likely he would give up his title on his own. At this point of the saga, I simply want something that establishes Ash as the superior trainer over Alain (and to lesser extent, I want the dignity of the champion title to be intact). That's why I was in favor of a scenario where Alain tries to give up the trophy to Ash, but Ash would only accept if he has one last battle with him.
    Just want to say Shado, thank you! It's because of your vigor for the anime has kept me tuning in and boy, was I not disappointed!
    Our boy Ash WILL WIN!
    Hey, I'm in the middle of writing notes for the remaining legendries for DPPt. Do you know very much about Giratina? I'm wondering how I can incorporate it into my History of Shoyo that's been on the backburner at the moment. Do you think it can have anything to do with 20th century developments on physics?
    henrymidfields
    henrymidfields
    In Nihon Shoki, the deity Susano'o in the early mythical creation days of Japan was also similarly exiled to the underworld by the high goddess Amaterasu for similar reasons.
    The Distortion World in Adventures seems interesting; I wonder if it is the Pokeverse equivalent of hell. And maybe Giratina could be depicted as the Pokeverse equivalent of the Abrahamic devil (Satan in Christianity, and his equivalent in Judaism/Islam).
    Shadao
    Shadao
    I would not be surprised if it was the inspiration for Hell or the Underworld. Giratina's banishment to the Distortion World is similar to Satan's fall to Hell, at least according to the Pokédex. The Sinnoh Myths do not exactly elaborate on Giratina and Cynthia suggests that was likely forgotten in the creation myths.

As for the Adventures Distortion World, there was only one incident where the spirits of the deceased ended up there. Archie and Maxie, with their bodies crumbling from the power of the Hoenn Legendaries, died and were sent to this place. Their spirits intertwined with one another and ironically it made them into better people when they return back to the world. So you could say that it is indeed a hell-like world for the wicked in Adventures.

Speaking of which, what is your interpretation of the Veilstone Myth? The one about the Sword and Pokémon?
    henrymidfields
    henrymidfields
    I haven't heard about the Veilstone myth, to be honest. What's that about?
    Hey, just to let you know, I've got a friend from Serenes Forest (the fan forum for Fire Emblem) who I sometimes discuss history with. Once I start the Creating the History of Shoyo again, you'll probably see him quite frequently as he has just registered as a member here to see my stuff. He's also a Pokémon fan (definitely for the games; not sure about the anime).
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom