Recent content by Shadao

1. Shadao

Preview JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

My artwork post to commemorate the last episode of Pokémon featuring Ash Ketchum:
  2. Shadao

Review JN137: Winds of Beginning! The Endless Road!!

Well, Ash's team is in full rotation to the point I think he has the Pokémon Box with him. And the preview shows him with a completely different team including Alola resident Rowlet, meaning that there's no way to know which team Ash will have on hand for the rest of the series. Oh, and that...
  3. Shadao

Riko is really the protagonist?

Like I said, Ash leaving opens a spot that was female main characters weren't able to partake, and this may be the more permanent solution rather than depending on Contests dropping and in out of the games. The only consistent aspects of Pokémon now are Battling and Catching. Everything else is...
  4. Shadao

How do you think Goh would have responded to the OS weirdness Ash went through?

Well for one thing, he'll be baffled that he somehow missed an entire phase in Kanto where everyone were using wired telephone and telephone booths with CRT screens. And that the Cerulean Gym was once a tiny carousal-like building with Dewgong before it was upgraded into this supermassive...
  5. Shadao

Riko is really the protagonist?

Short answer: Yes, it is almost certain Liko is the main protagonist given that she's the only trainer we see in the trailer, and she takes center stage in the poster. But to answer it in a longer term: We know that the anime can make a female co-protagonist front and center. Dawn is proof of...
  6. Shadao

Anime & Manga General Discussion

It's a just a joke. It only sounds serious because we are actually facing what was once thought to be impossible: Ash Ketchum leaving.
  7. Shadao

Anime & Manga General Discussion

This implies that the eternal summer is over and winter has come. And after winter comes spring. And Spring will lead into April which means... Ash is going to turn 11!
  8. Shadao

Questions about Pokemon episode 100 (Orange Islands)

Boys in the Pokémon anime are usually dense about romance. Especially young boys. Satoshi would only take interest in more adult subjects like romance or therapy or envy if he thinks it's a new Pokémon. He sees everything in the lens of Pokémon-related stuff. The closest thing he could...
  9. Shadao

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

I had the same problem. This is the link it leads to: [LINK REMOVED SO WE DON'T GIVE THEM SEO - Thanks for this. We've passed this on to the ad networks to have it purged. They can be a bit slow to cover these things over the holiday period, but hopefully they'll get this done soon. - Archaic]
  10. Shadao

A little too late to replace Ash...?

Ash will have future adventures, just not in the main focus at the moment. He'll have movies, manga, and special crossovers in the future. That is for certain. It's not like Ash is dead. One could also say the Pokémon anime has been a shell of its former self. I've heard loads of complaints...
  11. Shadao

Miles Morales was a risky bet, being the true second Spider-Man and at the heels of Ultimate Peter Parker's death, but he proved that yes, Spider-Man can be more than just Peter Parker and Miles has become just as iconic as Peter considering games, shows, and movies featuring him. Of course...
  12. Shadao

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

I think people are looking too deep into across the wide world tagline thing. What is Paldea known for? Open World. What do the protagonists have on their team? Paldea starters.
  13. Shadao

I am familiar with the Simpsons, and the thing I remember regarding fan reception is that the Simposns went downhill for a long time, and many fans want the show to end. And the Simpsons lend itself well to last forever due to its nature of being a sitecom and yet... I don't really hear much...
  14. Shadao

Written differently, yes. But my intent is to show what exactly was making each possible series ending feeling wanting compared to Journeys' ending. Ash defeating Gary and winning the Pokémon League may seem good on paper, but if the League tournament did not feature the Elite Four as...
  15. Shadao

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

If they can avoid it, they won't recast. But don't think they won't consider doing recast if needed. I mean, young Satoshi was voiced by someone else rather than Rica. Again, they can continue Ash's journey forever if they choose it. Even voice actors won't limit that factor. What ultimately...
Back
Top Bottom