• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Recent content by SharKing

1. SharKing

Pokemon Sword and Shield VGC 2020 Ruleset and Discussion

Looks to me like Gigantamax Charizard with Solar Power is banned for reasons similar to why Mythical Pokémon are always blanket-banned: it's unreasonable to expect every competitor to have access to them for tournaments (by the way, Nintendo and Game Freak, whose fault is that?). From what I...
  2. SharKing

Smogon may soon suspect Dynamax

Dynamax itself doesn't look that offensive at first glance, since it just makes the Pokémon big, doesn't change Abilities or anything, and the only stat change is doubled HP, which is admittedly significant, but hardly game-breaking for just three turns (or less if the big 'mon switches out)...
  3. SharKing

Who Was Your First (Legitimate) Level 100 Pokémon?

I can't remember the exact date, but I'm pretty sure this was back in about 2002. In Blue, I solo'd the entire game with Kadabra, mainly because I was trying to evolve it into Alakazam - being the stupid, 'Net-deprived kid I was, I didn't know it could only evolve by trading. I kept beating the...
  4. SharKing

How would you improve/nerf this Pokemon?

That thing's not really using attacks anyway, so might as well sacrifice some of its offensive stats to beef up its defenses, or more importantly, its HP. Meloetta (Aria Forme).
  5. SharKing

Give it Slack Off and an actual HP stat, so it can at least try to salvage its defenses despite its garbage defensive type. Bronzong.
  6. SharKing

Let's face it, "defensive Ice-type" has been an oxymoron since Gen 4 (STEALTH ROCK). I think it'd be better if it were more offensive like the other birds, so I'd swap its Special stats to give it the 125 Special Attack it had in Gen 1, change Snow Cloak for a useful Hidden Ability like Slush...
  7. SharKing

Give it Play Rough so it can actually make decent use of its 115 Attack. A fast physical Fairy would be pretty unique. Granbull.
  8. SharKing

Replace the utterly worthless Light Metal with something like Download or Analytic - some useful Ability that fits in with its calculative nature. (For context on how worthless Light Metal actually is, Metagross is so frickin' heavy that Low Kick still hits it for the maximum 120 power, even at...
  9. SharKing

I dunno how Noivern can't learn Fire Blast when it can learn Flamethrower just fine, so there's an easy fix. I'd also be interested in seeing its near-useless Frisk being replaced with an Ability like Berserk, which would make sense for Noivern given its violent disposition. Speaking of...
  10. SharKing

Give it +20 attack, because 100 base stopped cutting it long ago. I'd also say "give it better moves that benefit from Sheer Force", but there aren't really any it doesn't have that would make sense for it, especially since it now gets Body Slam from the Gen 1 Virtual Console games (and Sheer...
  11. SharKing

I can't really think of much that would make sense for Ninjask, aside from giving it Taunt to kinda-sorta help it as a Baton Passer (this way, it would have something over Scolipede). Vikavolt.
  12. SharKing

Give it an actual Ability. I think something like Intimidate or Competitive could be pretty interesting, and wouldn't be too out of line with the species. Yanmega.
  13. SharKing

Clever Pokémon Nicknames

I've been using a Porygon-Z in Platinum's Battle Tower, where it serves as a lead to cripple the opposing lead with Trick and a Choice Scarf, locking it into a move that my other two 'mons can set up on (since the AI is too dumb to switch in Gen 4). Because it makes the opponent repeat the same...
  14. SharKing

What Is Your Favorite Common Pokemon?

I know it's version-exclusive in the Kanto games, but considering how common it is in Kanto as well as Hoenn, I'm gonna go ahead and count Oddish as a "common Pokémon". On top of enjoying its Sunny Day shenanigans in several playthroughs of the games, I just find Oddish to be irresistably cute...
  15. SharKing

Video Game Championship and Nov. International Challenge 2019 Format Discussion

Signups for the November International Challenge are open! They'll remain open until the 29th, but you'll want to sign up as quick as you can - once 50,000 people have been signed up, that'll be the limit for the challenge!
Back
Top Bottom