Recent content by Shift

1. Shift

Preview JN030: The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd

Wouldn't Kangaskhan's baby be all grown up by this point? Maybe that should be the one they'd meet, if they do, of course.
  2. Shift

Review PT01: Zuruggu and Mimikkyu

View: https://youtu.be/u909_O6CqYc This is really good, I mean it. Like an old Looney Toons short.
  3. Shift

Odd Voice Casts on Bulbapedia

When it comes to voices, they don't care about being accurate, only about what's been accepted up to now. Unless you have proof positive it's not them, they won't let you edit anything.
  4. Shift

Preview M23: Koko

Not in Japan; that movie was called "Remember Me" there.
  5. Shift

Review M22: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution

Lisa voiced Neesha here, but she voiced the harbor master in the original, not Neesha. That was Amy Birnbaum.
  6. Shift

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

Mewtwo is definitely Dan Green like in Returns. Funny enough, it sounds like Jay Goede, the original Mewtwo, may also be reprising his other role as the lead scientist.
  7. Shift

Review Detective Pikachu

Didn't see this anywhere, but here's the sprite art from the credits recreated in game form:
  8. Shift

Bulbapedia Not Allowed to Add or Edit Voice Actor Credits?

I'm a bit frustrated about the process to add voice actor credits and revisions on the wiki these days. It started with Mewtwo and the fact his younger version's actor from "Mewtwo's Origin" is listed as "unknown". It seemed clear to me that it was the same actor as the movie version, especially...
  9. Shift

Review M21: The Power of Us

And is that Kayzie Rogers back as Sunflora?
  10. Shift

Uniqlo T-Shirt Design Competition 2019

UTGP2019 | Pokémon© I don't know how many artists here are up for a contest like this, but it's running until Dec. 2 and being judged by Ken Sugimori, Tsunekazu Ishihara and Nigo. I submitted a few designs myself, so to anyone else who enters, best of luck!
  11. Shift

Preview M21: The Power of Us

I'm surprised they're going with a dubbed voice for Eevee, considering the Let's Go games are using the original Japanese actress. Synergy? What's that?
  12. Shift

Music The Background Music Thread

In movie 20's case, thankfully the 5.1 tracks have nearly all the voices and sound effects in the center track and analogous between the English and Japanese DVD/BR sets. If one is inclined to, it's a simple matter to swap one out for the other and watch the dub with the proper music (aside from...
  13. Shift

Episode 1 Comparison: JPN Movie 20 BR vs VIZ BR vs VIZ DVD

The glue being gone is one big benefit the Blu-Ray brings, the other being the lack of interlacing. It's obviously not perfect, but it's definitely an improvement: Clearly some adjustments in color correction and resolution have been made to the HD episode between 2012 and now, but they most...
  14. Shift

That's pretty much it. It's a lot better than the text being burned into the original film. I don't have a Japanese episode to compare to, so I'll just compare the blank title pages and also show the remastered one. Title screen:
  15. Shift

Recently I got both the VIZ Indigo League Blu-Ray box set and the limited edition of Movie 20 from Japan, which includes the 1080p version of episode 1 that was first broadcast five years ago. Looking at them next to my original DVD set really makes the difference in picture quality obvious, so...
Back
Top Bottom