S
Local time
7:10 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Lol that's pretty great logic.

"Every possible use is derogatory! Therefore, if I use it derogatorily, I'm doing nothing wrong."

Also, just for future reference, discussing the etymology of the words or discussions of situations where they have arisen (such as this one, actually) are legitimate uses of the words.
    "There are legitimate reason to use words like "Faggot" and "Nigger""

If there were a plethora of other words you could've used as an alternative, you didn't have a legitimate reason.
    I saw the post you made, of course it was a frivolous use. You're defending it by saying it doesn't matter because he's fictional and as such, you're basically saying it was just a throwaway comment; a frivolous.

"those words are TWO DIFFERENT things."

Not to some people. Just because your friend doesn't care, doesn't mean no-one does. Some people don't find c**t offensive, whereas some people can't bear to see it used. The point is, it's pretty damn obvious that the word fag would be offensive to at least some people, and most would have the common sense not to use it.

And of course you aren't going to call a black character a nigger, I never said you would, because that would be disgusting and offensive to black people, right? Just consider that there are people on this forum who would consider the word fag offensive as well. And don't tell me that they aren't the same thing, because to me they are, and I've had a damn sight more experience being called a fag.
    Nate threatened me in a letter, nobody believed me, so I had to save his butt by saying I wrote it
    "(or, in fact, generally, any frivolous use of these terms)"

I would define your usage as very frivolous.

I mean, if there was a black character you disliked just as much, would you call him a nigger in the same way you used fag? It's the same thing.
    From the Expected Behaviour From Members thread:

"2 - Be careful how you use some terms.

There are legitimate reason to use words like "Faggot" and "Nigger", but using them as insults or generally, derogatory terms (or, in fact, generally, any frivolous use of these terms), is not such a reason."
    I always rea every post so that I can see what has happened with every character.
    you read my mind on the rp, i was thinking that maybe you should make charmeleon evolve on the Giovanni battle
    he's been kinda of a fag lately with the whole I don't care about anything look, at least Paul cares about becoming the best.
    lol at the 12 days of bulbagarden FAQ on Bpedia. I asked one of those questions, and I know for a fact nobody else did. F, my foot. AQ, mabe.
    Yay! Blackie owns up! I was going to give Kenji (from Faith) an Umbreon, but I might make it Espeon now. EP003 will be up soon, btw
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom