Shinneth
Local time
2:20 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Well if you want to see it, here's the youtube link. You'll either laugh because of how much they try to convince the viewers that Ash/Iris are really super close/their bond has grown, or you'll gag lol. :p

Holy shit. You need to tell me when you finish this epic so I can read it all at once. You've been working on it for quite a while now...are you pleased with it? It sounds like it's going really well.
    I think you have a small bit of wrong idea about how the anime logic works. In the games, I agree Speed boost+agility is stupid (speed boost+protect ftw), but the anime doesn't work that away. Paul is supposed to make Ninjask invincible and Speed boost would take some time to make Ninjask lightning fast, so he adds Agility to make Ninjask invincible and then deal heavy damage with continuous Fury Cutter. I think it's a very good anime strategy. You just don't compare it with the games. I personally liked all of Paul's strategies including the Ninjask one. If Infernape's flames hadn't slowed down Ninjask, Ninjask would have raped Ash's entire team. But I wish he had Aerial Ace though haha. /Overkill Ninjask.

VM 3:. I am not sure about the dumb Best Wishes Ash, but I see that DP Ash is mature enough to understand that Paul needs his personal space after the full battle (In the Infernape evo episode, Ash keeps his distance). The only reason DP Ash constantly pestered Paul was because he wanted to prove Paul that he wasn't weak. DP Ash and Paul will make an extremely amazing pair of rivals who know acknowledge each other, but still are a bit bitter (I don't think Ash still approves of Paul's methods but he respects Paul.)

My take of Paul is different, he is more lonely and he's brash because he wants personal space. He won't win against Brandon when he re challenges after the league and trains under him. Paul undergoes a test to start showing compassion to his Pokemon (because losing to Infernape makes him rethink his battlestyle.), but he fails miserably. I made him catch a weak Rhyhorn that he would normally won't care to even look at. But right now he's losing patience because the Rhyhorn is really pathetic, and he is unable to figure out a way to train it because he lacks the compassion to understand its problem and patience to raise a slow learner. He will slowly learn compassion, but will largely remain the same. Oops, I spoke a lot :x
    Aha, thanks for the looong response. I am guessing you like to type your opinions a lot :3 Ah well, I have been reading your latest chapter, sadly though I stopped reading in the middle because I finally found my answer to how Ash and Paul will interact by reading your DP 131, 132 adaptation(which I have missed somehow.) I freaking loved the Brock X Reggie interaction in the latest chapter bu I will hold myself from discussing about it because I will save that for the review.

I agree with paragraph two, but that's not even close to what I have in mind. I think Paul more as a lonely character. I think he is excessively brash with Ash not just because Ash reminds him too much of Reggie, but because he hates Ash's hey let's be friends friends obnoxious attitude. I think Reggie is more laid back like Brock and understands not to bother a person when he doesn't like to be bothered. But that's what I like about these two the most.

Paul will still hate Ash, but now he even respects Ash for being who he is. In other words, he will not insult Ash anymore unless he sees Best Wishes (LOL).

VM2 Para 1: I agree completely from the first to the last letter. He doesn't like someone who should be his equal going down, but HE won't tell Ash that he sucks blatantly, because that would give an indication that he actually cares about Ash which he will definitely try to avoid because you know how over-friendly Ash can get. So, he would use a battle to humiliate Ash and give him a short message. And I think this short message will give Ash enough power to break out of his current canon crap and become his DP self. Ah, who am I kidding, I just told you what happens in my fic LOOL. But when I wrote it, I didn't have proper grasp on Paul when I wrote it, so I made him a bit shy and friendly but he willl still kick Ash ass. :x (That's for another day, let me go on topic)
    Sorry I didn't reply back sooner. XD.

No problem. My pleasure. :)

Yeah, I know what you mean. Personally, I liked BWS1 (except the 4th and 8th gym battles), and BWS2: Episode N, but I've disliked BWS2 and BWS2: Da! myself.

I have to admit, it does kind of suck the writers just threw everything out the window that we had built up on for the past 13 years from OS to DP, and how tailor-made BW seems to the younger fans, but I suppose it kind of refreshed the show for me (at first, anyway).

Ideally I'd like to see a cross between the emotion and depth of OS, the character chemistry of AG, the character development and battles of DP, and the spontaneity and unorthodox nature of BW. I think that series would be wonderful and would incorporate the best elements of each series myself.

That's cool: I'd actually like to see a mix of AG and DP's best traits in one series. I actually don't really hate Diamond and Pearl all that much anymore. I'm actually somewhat fond of the latter seasons of it. It's the earlier DP seasons that really let me down (well, except Paul, I really liked him as a character), but it has more to do with the English dub of the earlier part of DP for me.

I should be 100% used to the TPCi crew by now (I'm okay with them, yet I'm not happy, either), but whenever I watch the older arcs, I'm just sad the 4Kids cast is gone. I can't explain it. Even with all the crappy edits and stuff they did, I just can't hate them for some reason on this one. XD.
    38k words? Oh geez. I never counted how long your chapters were. I always thought it was around 15k or something. It's amazing how I can read those humongous chapters without a hitch. BW sucked, yes. I blame that on lack of proper planning. Right now, they don't even know what they are doing. They are just throwing random fillers to drag the show. Let's hope XY is good

I don't want Paul return as a main rival either. They've managed to destroy Charizard and Dawn, I don't want them to do it to Paul too. He's better off as one of the most kickass rival in Pokemon anime history. I wonder if anyone will be able to touch him. (He long surpassed Gary in popularity). The amount of Paul fanart, fanfics that came after DP tells how popular he became. But I believe you were one of the few who liked him from DP 100 itself.

Let me rephrase that question. I am not talking about a possible canon interaction. Paul and Ash have opened up a bit to each other after DP. Paul confessed that he hated Ash because he was too much like Reggie. IF Paul and Ash were to meet somewhere in a tournament or something some were after a long time and Paul had already finished his battle with Jindai (Brandon) and finally won. There will be a dramatic change in Paul's behavior. How will he interact with Ash is my question. I am not talking about what happens if Paul appears in BW.

Cynthia told one day these two will make their way into the Champion's League. Just imagine Paul and Ash meeting each other as rivals in Champion's League. Interaction will be difficult for Paul. He likes to be alone, but he and Ash parted after opening up a bit to each other. He doesn't want to ignore Ash, at the same time he will have trouble forming a bond with Ash because Ash is too unlike Paul. Ash's more of a cheerful guy who pulls you into unnecessary things. Paul would prefer to be alone, but at the same time he won't like to ignore Ash. What will he do in his dilemma?
    Well the episode wasn't terrible really, it was fun to see Ash getting under Iris' skin. Finally

Goddamn how long have you been writing that thing?
    Lmao, you should watch the Ash/Iris argument episode just for the lulz. They really laid it on thick how "close" they supposedly are. Flashbacks, Rain/sadness, and them being nervous around each other towards the end and all. Though I'm sure you've gathered that from the comments already. :p

DEM BEST WISHES WRITERS
    Hi there Shinneth, I remember following you on fanfiction.net back when I wasn't still a member. Honestly, there were VERY few people who didn't hate Paul back then. Even now a lot of people say his backstory is just a joke. Anyway, I am one of those who loves Paul to death. Your fanfiction especially changed my views of Paul completely. (So much that he appears in every fanfic I write :p). Anyway I just wanted to post here that Travels of Trifecta is a damn good Paul fanfic and perhaps one of the best. I was wondering if you have any intentions of continuing since (Updated: 07-16-11 ). You stopped the story at a critical point. (Although I think you must accept that your story has broken up from canon quite a bit despite your attempts to maintain it.:p )

Gah, I could have posted a review. I didn't realize I would write something this big. (I lose track easily and type walls of texts :3)

P.S: I am writing a fic called "Road to be a Pokemon Master". Paul is Ash's main rival in the story and the crux of Ash's development. (Come on Ash is so good in DP only because of Paul.) I wanted to ask, "How do you think Ash and Paul's POST-DP interaction will be?"
    Lol @ Iris and Axew getting beat in the first round of the Marine cup tournament in like 30 seconds by a Vanillite.

Lol @ the likely last tournament in this series being like 12 minutes long. :p
    Hello~

Are you still a fan of Ace Attorney? If you are, have you been keeping up with Ace Attorney 5 information? I could link you to all the recent news about it if you want.
    Cilan did it again the Charizard episode too. Ash was excited about the Kanto fair, and ran off. Iris was extremely giddy as well calling Ash a kid before running off after him. Cilan just simply stated "Iris, you can't talk". That aside, my personal favorite group is AG, followed closely by OS. DP was alright, and BW has been decent lately.

The Clair episode will have Iris probably gawking over Clair, and battling her/opting to train with her as per Clair suggestion or something. At least we'll finally see Ash snap in episode where he and Iris have an altercation. Something that has been a long time coming, and I've said many times that I don't know why they held off until the last..what, 15 episodes of the series to do this? They'll probably/will play up the whole "Iris didn't have many friends so, her separating from Ash and Cilan is going to have her really emotional" route. She's a hypocritical character and I'd love for Ash or Cilan to say "how ironic, you spent so much time being critical of us...yet you're the one crying about us splitting up!"
    Really the group hasn't been that bad as of late, Dragonite capture aside...they haven't really been flaunting Iris (though come Clair episode...) at all, and she's not abusing her no-nonsense gags, which has really made the group kinda fun to watch. It's too bad the writers didn't do this earlier.
    You're probably right though in terms of the interaction. Ash will be Ash, and be optimistic as fuck, Iris will be tsundere, and Cilan will be all taste/flavor/combinations. :pP
    Lol, I would laugh if Ash cries his eyes out more than Misty/Brock, there's Ash/Iris shipping, and Ash states that Cilan is the best cook ever during the separation. It be HILARIOUS, and there be raggge amok.
    That pretty much was the highlight of my year, I can't believe they put him in there........it proves that he's an important character seeing how he was the only other rival/not main character/not bw character that got stuffed there (aside from Gary, but he's cameo'd basically every series SO).

I'm just so happy ;_; now we wait for an actual cameo in an episode
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom