Shinneth
Local time
11:03 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• 21-23 episodes left. I think it's safe to say BW, at leas among the forum community, will be remembered as one of the more heavily bashed sagas in the Pokemon anime. :p
    Well, what d'ya know? That scan of Iris riding Zekrom was just a dream sequence all along. I'll bet that was another reason the new episode made you happy.
    ... OK, woah. I have yet to see the next episode, and therefore the new ending, but that sounds awesome. It must be something to make you happy enough to inspire you to write more of your fan fic.

Now I look forward to it.
    Hey there. Gotta say, Shinneth, I disagree with a lot of your opinions on the Pokemon anime, the dub, the series, and so on, but I must say that each and everytime you post your opinions, I find them very interesting reads, and you use very sound logic to make their points. I personally did not like the Sinnoh Saga, and I'll even be blunt in saying I hated most of it, but for me, Pokemon's always been that "feel-good" show I could rely on when I was having a bad day. With recent sagas starting from that point onwards, that feeling's kinda died down for me, and my love has gradually diminished over time. I still watch the series, though, having a hope in my heart someday it'll become the show I loved and remembered someday. I know it sounds silly, but yeah, that's my take on what brought me into the Pokemon anime. :)

I know BW has been your "WTF" series, and I can understand why you feel that way. I know it feels like everything's been thrown out the window, but in some ways, for me that's been a good thing. What do you feel personally can make the show great again in your eyes. Another DP-esque saga? :)
    Man, now you're making me wish that Ash does get that kind of reaction in the episode. That alone would actually make me look forward to the episode. But I know we can safely assume that that would never happen. :(
    Lol. Best reactions ever. I especially liked the fourth one. I see there was no reason to ask.

I got to say that I am not optimistic as usual about this.
    You know, I still don't hate and will never hate Kengo, Nozomi, Naoshi, Iris, Shooty and Yumomi even if I constantly bash their treatments as I like to focus on their potentials than their their current situation. But I can't really say that I wouldn't read an AU fic that put Cabby's jack of all trades, master of none status to its logical limits and gave focus to Langley's similiarities to Hikari and her complete lack of any real end goal compared to her "collegues". As for what happenned, I think we all know why. The bad economy, the retro craze and misguided attempts at reconstruction of classic ideals with cheaper modern tactics, death of badass and pretentiousness at the hands bishonen and moe, end of 2000s and start of the 2010s generation... BW is really the least offending things that came out of the issues that surround the ecosystem it belongs, obviously because of most of those things really started flocking after Tohoku Earthquake(and we can probably add Tomioka more or less going off without Yonemura actually taking the title of main writer he probably deserves at this point for all the stuff he did for BW) while BW tried its hardest to evade most of those things.

You know, that would make fandom instantly cry for Ho-oh and his rainbow gas leakage and I doubt despite the all the fanservice the series is trying, they would actually go the extra mile to actually resolve THAT issue, though I admit that would be kind of badass of them to do so.
    *Speking of him, if the next obligatory annual champion is not named Dante, I am going to throw away a table from the floor of my apartment.
    Actually, at this point I don't think they will have any form of resolutions. If anything, we will see their resolutions when Iris and Cilan get their cameos in the next series. None of the rivals in BW that isn't named Kenyan or to an extent Virgil* had a proper one, and many of DP rivals never got one. With the next major "arc" focusing Ookido's capture of Rotom, Ibuki's and Butterfree's reappearance, only time they can properly reappear is late August/early September, which doesn't make me optimistic in any shape or form. But hey, they at least found a way to bring in a proper Dragon-type trainer for Iris to go against, even if I wholeheartedly believe Ibuki is quite out of Iris' league, even if the animé counterpart is quite different than the games' version(or so Bulbapedia claims. I should probably watch those episodes sometime, even though I despise almost everything Satoshi's Lizardon and his fanbase stand for since OI).
    I am dissapointed with a severe lack of your post on the Future of Burgundy and Georgia thread... though I fear that's because you are just as uncaring as I am now. I certainly hope that is not true, because I surely can't be the psycho fan this time around, what with college projects and incoming surplus movie merchandise eating my time.(Though thankfully I have seen a video where Takara Tomy has confirmed that they will start releasing the next generation toys starting from November, so I won't have to be the one to look into that wild goose chase for a good time).

Though I would be lying if I wasn't enjoying Urara's metafictional dominance over our masculine, arrogant pilot and her doll in a way that would make Tara Markov I proud(earth is truly the element of immortality it seems, even if it is in the form the lifeless, formless desert sand)... saying that, I should probably actually watch the new Eva movie and read the Wolfman/Perez run of the Titans. And of course, I do hope the inevitable fourth member of Harley's Elemental Lords will get better treatment... assuming Cabby and Langley don't turn up in the next series as recurring rivals in the most contrived way possible(well, maybe not Cabby, since she is of French descent, but that is still rather deep in hindsight to properly work, considering she is far too Americanized to speak French in the first place, disregarding the fact Japanese is somehow the primary language of the Pokémon world of course). I also hope I will be actually able to respond you in time.
    I kinda lol's at the new info. With the group going back to Kanto.

Oh yah, and apparenty Ash/Iris "break off their friendship" lol. :p I'm surprised it took this long for it to happen honestly. XP
    The flashbacks were great, and Ash looked especially cool with Best Wishes art style in his Hoenn outfit. Misty, and Brock appeared in the Damien flashback, which was well done as well.

Well as far as the battle goes, it was wonderfully animated. There was the usual exchange of attacks (i.e. Flamethrower vs Flamethrower + Explosion), Charizard got hit by Dragonite's Dragon Rush, which didn't do shit to Charizard, much to Iris' surprise...and the latter hit Dragonite with Dragon Tail. Dragonite looked injured, and the battle was called off.
    The question remains who they're going to let win? Have Charizard lose it's first battle back in 6 years, and after spending a whole episode worth of flashbacks on it? Have Iris' Dragonite start to develop Torterra syndrome, and lose it's third battle in a row (and it's second battle to Ash.) Or they just gonna tie/unresolved?

I'm pretty desensitized to this series now, so I don't think I'll care what the result is, nothing beyond rolling my eyes. I'll just sit back and smh, then observe the chaos that Serebii will become if Charizard loses. Because I can see the reaction being pretty bad.

Oh well, T-mis less than 24 hours
    B-b-but, it's Ash vs Iris 3.0...don't you want to see that??? See Iris/Dragonite get their potential revenge?? :pppppp
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom