• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Silktree
Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• The last episode of evolutions certainly had a positive impact on avatars here on the Forum. I think a lot of the community was interested in finally seeing a little more of Blue/Green/Leaf. Very nice avatar, anyway. Ah, and merry christmas too.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Merry Christmas. I believe that this is the only anime episode of any kind that has featured a Pokemon girl as a badass protagonist (not secondary to a boy), so it will be remembered for a long time. Even Cynthia is not a protagonist and lacks a relatable personality; it isn't clear what makes her tick since Ash randomly runs into her.

It's worth mentioning that Green lost to Mewtwo (owned by a derpy character who didn't even command it), while Origins Red won. This was compensated for by the ending, which showed that Green was part of a community and the personal victories were not the goal.
    Are you enjoying the current anime? I like that Bayleef got a flashback, still hoping we get to see Ash's old pokemon in action again as its been about a decade. I also wonder why Ash's Kanto starters haven't shown up yet when they're on both posters.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Sorry for not being nice the other day. I didn't know you were still around and made a bad joke.

I like the series, mostly for the multi-region aspects and enjoying Go's personality. I assume they want Ash to get his last team member before they bring back the Kanto starters, but it's weird that they foreshadowed their return a year or more in advance. The same goes for Jigglypuff, but it came back in SM and isn't that big a deal.
    Is that your dog?
    Silktree
    Silktree
    His name is Max and i adopted him 6 months ago after his previous family had given up on him (they wanted to have him put down, but the vet refused). He had a benign tumor, but he's perfectly healthy. Just a little needy.
    prog rocker
    prog rocker
    That's rough. At least he's in a better home, now.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Yep. Now his biggest concern is where to sleep, because he doesn't always like to be around my other dog.
    Your avatar is funny. Poor Stantler and Scyther. They must not have seen the hug coming.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    They thought that Dragonite wanted a fight, but they ended up enjoying the hug.
    Hi there! Nice fleura pic ! I use to shipping her and Satoshi alongside Hauka and Seiyo Yūtõ and Hikari !
    Redstar47
    Redstar47
    She did not tried to hit you or something like that? As i am not okay with that even as young age
    Silktree
    Silktree
    No, but there was one time she unintentionally caused me some kind of asthma attack because we were arguing or something. It's weird because I don't really have asthma as far as I know... Nothing happened, but I still remember it. Maybe I just inhaled some dust.
    Redstar47
    Redstar47
    Probably.
    Long time, no talk. Great avatar of a great underrated movie character.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Here is most of the OST from the latest movie (I think it's missing the opening and ending themes, as well as the one right before the credits roll). There are at least 15 remixes from other movies, with at least one replacing an original theme. I don't know what Miyazaki was thinking there, although I'd be lying if I said I was attached to any of the battle themes, which are rather samey across the movies. Still, is it just this one theme because it was already remixed two years ago? Are there even more? Eh.

I am not eager to watch the movie, but I'm intrigued about the visuals and extended scenes even if they aren't positive changes. I'm well past caring annual movies, so one of the best movies being remade for a new audience is something I can get behind. As for the lack of Amber, in hindsight I realize that a 20-minute prologue was not likely for a theatrical release. They'd better at least include the animated Birth of Mewtwo in the home release, though. Including the full original movie, possibly even with the short, seems sensible anyway. Also the full radio drama and Mewtwo Returns if they feel generous, heh.
    FANG-TAN
    FANG-TAN
    1. It's a really obscure disorder, and of course, it made me get other serious sicknesses that had to be dealt with, like sepsis and psneumonia because of the lowered immune system. But I think it's just the doctors I've seen not being very competent. It took them under 4 hours to find something in Japan, while coming back to America, the doctors didn't find anything for the first 3 hours and probably wouldn't have found anything if I didn't have the medical records from Japan to push them in the right direction.

2. Not at the moment. I've been there during the majority of June and July, but I'll eventually live there after I graduate. This summer's trip basically guaranteed me a job there after I graduate, and the program director for my Study Abroad program said I only have to pay for a plane ticket next year (I get to re-do this summer's trip again next year because of the health trouble I had during the middle of the trip). I akcnowledge that it was a bad idea to go through with the trip this year knowing there was something up with me, but of course I'm stubborn and really wanted to go... and in a way, it ended up saving my life. And funnily enough, since I was in the Kyoto area and thus surrounded by more nature and eco-friendly lifestyle, it was easier for me tro breath over there and my skin got a bit better from being there as well. I cough a lot more here than I do over there.

3. I keep the Discord details more private since I don't want certain people I want to stay away from knowing who I am on Discord, so I only give it away through DM/PM. But the other way around works too. Just sent you a friend request.

4. That would have been fine as well. The film remains one of my favorites, so I really only wished it lasted longer than movie runtime.
    FANG-TAN
    FANG-TAN
    As a hardcore fan of the original movie, I appreciate that Evolution keeps a lot of the story intact and actually managed to bring back Ichimura for the role. As an animation buff though, I still think the new animation looks bad and would have preferred a digital update to the old animation's art style instead of going 3D. DreamWorks and Pixar are really the only companies I trust to handle 3D animation correctly, and even then, I question if that style of animation really fits the tone of Mewtwo Strikes Back to begin with. Toy Story and Big Hero 6 are pretty popular with kids in Japan, I feel they were piggybacking on that success.

A shame they cut out the prologue - I hope that becomes added content for the home release as well, it pretty much became a permanent fixture to the film ever since they added it to the original begin with. It just sounds strange not to have it here. Then again, it's debut was technically at Anime Expo 2019, which they probably expected to arrange to begin with, so maybe they thought it was like back then where America's audiences could not possibly handle the content (according to 4Kids) and didn't remake that portion for the same reasons? They did get the English dub of those 20 minutes before we ever did, which was still strange to me. I do feel quite attached to the original soundtrack as well, and prefer it if only for the fact that the tracks meshed well with the TV series at the time.
    What's your take away from all this chaos?

Honestly, I really don't feel too good about the upcoming future of the games. Objectively looking at what's been shown, I can't feel anything anymore from what was shown @e3 other than disappointment.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Well, I've always been iffy about the games. Their reveal didn't impress me (I'd been hoping for somewhere other than the UK because the speculation had killed my interest in it), and the only thing I liked about last week's Direct was the Wild Area, which I could tell was going to be... a taste of something better. Since I am not interested in catching many Pokemon (especially not by whistling or playing hide-and-seek), there is only so much I can do in what is basically a collection of routes with drastic weather changes. Max Raids could be fun for a few times and that's it, and even then I have no interest in Dynamax as a feature so I would probably rely on other players if that sturdy Steelix is any indication. Not very fun.

The Galar Pokedex debacle is, above all, insulting because Masuda's excuses are very weak. It seems to me that they wanted to make their lives easier because they figured that it would make later games more appealing. It's sad that people like Joe Merrick believe the "official" version, but luckily a lot of fans don't. Or even if they do, it doesn't excuse the lack of free patches, which would have been promised by now (they might happen if sales are noticeably lower than expected).

I'm sorry that your hopes have been dashed, but nothing negative surprises me anymore. I'm honestly more interested in Digimon Survive and Yokai Watch 4 than SwSh, which is sad because I only like a few of the monsters in those franchises. Hey, at least you'll get a BoTW sequel in two(?) years.
    Hey Silk, I saw that post of yours on Reddit, about a hypothetical perfect Kanto game, and you throw in many great ideas.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    3 months ago. I was vaguely aware of it.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    If they're going to shove Dyna and Giganta down our throats even in 2021, then uh, they may as well remake DP first.

But they revisited Megas for LGPE. And if they want to do something with the LG formula, 3 years is long enough.
    Boss1708
    Boss1708
    Yeah. But they don't seem to follow a strict path there. Sometimes they decide one thing, sometimes they decide something else. Z Moved weren't in LGPE, but now they are in Masters.

Well, idk. We will have to wait and see. I do hope those features don't make it in Let's Go Johto.
    Where did you get that avatar?
    Silktree
    Silktree
    On /vp/, but the source is probably somewhere else. It's actually a .gif file.

I wish there were a good hack with the beta monsters. There is one that uses the Spaceworld sprites in Crystal, and they look unfitting. But I should give it another shot.
    prog rocker
    prog rocker
    Thank you for answering. I asked because I thought that I could possibly get a Wolfman avatar in that style.
    nice avatar, jotho avatars for the win
    Reactions: Silktree
    Silktree
    Silktree
    It isn't just any Johto avatar. There's an unused character in it.
    Ryan Massey
    Ryan Massey
    yeah i notice that, who is that?
    Silktree
    Silktree
    No one knows. I think it might be Prof. Silktree who has unused text about him in the Ruins of Alph research center.

By the way, he only has blue hair in the screenshot because Kris' palette was projected onto him.
    Can you tell me the secrets of the Unown and the Ruins of Alph? For example, what do Ho-Oh and the ancient fossil Pokémon have to with them? >_>
    Silktree
    Silktree
    The Unown are very timid creatures, so they don't go outside the ruins. Even if a bunch of people gathered near the ruins, it is said that the ones who wished for Unown and humans to again coexist have all left.

Basically, Johto became overpopulated with people, who weren't like the clan. I guess that the Sinjoh Ruins were a quieter place, and the people from Spear Pillar weren't a threat.

On a biased note, I really don't like Arceus. I am not a big fan of the Sinjoh Ruins event.
    Blast
    Blast
    What a sad story... Then clan moved away and started to worship Arceus with the people from Sinnoh? I personally think the Arceus is very unique and interesting. Though the connection between Arceus and the Unown is so vague.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    They participated in the dance ritual, but I wonder if they really worshipped Arceus. Maybe they just followed the Unown's orders without knowing the reason.

After all, Cynthia implies that the clan (or I guess their descendants) returned to Johto at some point, which explains the Kimono Girls' rituals. But there is no sign of Arceus worship in Johto.
    Heyo, Silk right? How's it going? I've taken periodic breaks here, especially during the last two gens, so hopefully I can get more excited to be engaged this time.

What do you make of a BOTW "tiered" game? I'm leery to get my hopes up, but maybe it could mean a more open approach to exploring and not a linear badge quest.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Yep, I'm Silktree. I changed my name because I intend to include Prof. Silktree (referenced in the Ruins of Alph) in my fanfic.

I haven't played BOTW, so I can't really comment. You mean a system where the areas and bosses are independent of each other, right? There is a Crystal hack that has a system where trainer levels depend on your number of badges, and you can even move freely between Kanto and Johto from early on. The developer chose to remove Silver and Team Rocket to facilitate that system... I can think of a way around that, but it rubbed me the wrong way.

And as you implied, you shouldn't get your hopes up.
    El_
    El_
    Well, you essentially have free reign in a massive map to take up any of the main quest at any point. I mention it under spoilers in the thread: https://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?threads/official-generation-8-speculation-leaks-thread-updated-22nd-sept-2018.254262/page-1112#post-6680677

It is really fantastic, and I'm not even normally a Zelda player. What you mentioned sounds exactly like what I was getting at. An issue I could see is someone attempting to speed the game while the trainers are all weak at a few badges, but having villains independent of that could provide incentive, or just letting the badges be optional.

Do you see it taking place within the U.K.? Do you think all the crown/scepter merch & speculation is just fluff?
    Silktree
    Silktree
    On the contrary, badges would be the best way to have variable levels influencing all the trainers. But the story beats should have a fixed order, unless Game Freak are quite ambitious with the branching. The BOTW story fragments wouldn't work, I believe.

The UK is a distinct possibility, but the merchandise just ties into the LGPE crown accessory, which I doubt is a hint. And uh, if they've chosen the UK, please keep the connection to Kalos minimal.
    Didn't visit the forum for recent months due to Real-Life. How were you these days?
    Reactions: Silktree
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Somehow I missed your post for all this time - sorry about that. I'm fine, although my job (being a PhD student and a teacher) doesn't leave me motivated to write my story (for 10 months now). Have you had this problem?

Other than that, I'm still sore about LGPE not being GSC sequels, and not even being better remakes than FRLG. But I get that the target audience are kids and their parents, which honestly makes me doubt that I'll be interested in any future games. When Game Freak pander to "hardcore" fans, it usually involves the metagame or forced cameos.
    CrystaI
    CrystaI
    That's OK. For me, I had already halted my fanfic writing for more than a year. Having a full-time job really means you have to give up a lot of things, especially hobbies due to lack of leisure time (I felt like giving up more than just that, because in the recent half year I even giving up a lot of sleeping hours). So you will never be alone in this matter.

I don't even ever thought of trying to connect LGPE to previous gen anymore. I was just kinda feel like... This is a standalone series, in-universe chronical-wise it is just detached from previous series, I just took it as a complete separate timeline or possibly a different universe.
    I haven't checked out any information about LGPE yet. So for me, this kind of assumption, or more correctly speaking just a feeling of atmospheric impression, was stemmed from the fatigue of connection to the past.

Sorry to say this, but I really feel pointless and a waste of energy of trying to make reference to past series. Especially for games, since every series you the player starts as a newbie trainer in a new region, so what is the point of any reference to the past? It is not like those past reference or appearance of previously-existing characters will improve the gameplay experience (well I guess there always exist players value the Easter Eggs more than the meat itself)
    Someone dislike the "freshness" GenV BW provided, but I was among one of those that highly appreciated it. Being free from troubling my mind about the past IMO is a strength than a weakness.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    It's terrible that you have to cut back on sleeping. Do you make up for it during the weekend?

I actually have enough time for writing, but I've preferred doing lighter things. The truth is that the environment on BMGf with the (sometimes harsh) reviews and awards kind of ruined the fun for me, but I should really stop caring about that. I keep thinking about the story, so I need to write it for my own sake.

You're right that the easter eggs are mostly meaningless, although the general problem (by general consensus) with BW was the lack of old Pokemon in the main story. BW actually had three returning characters from DPPt, whereas RS had none and XY only had Looker.
    I'm not sure if you've noticed or cared, but two days ago, I passed you on the most liked users list, taking the number 5 spot for myself.

Just thought I'd let you know. It's become a tradition of mine to inform other users when I bypass them on that list. Because Wynaut?
    Silktree
    Silktree
    I don't mind the list thing, but I have to say that your message comes across as bragging. It isn't necessary.
    FinnishPokéFan92
    FinnishPokéFan92
    Sorry. I honestly didn't mean to sound like that.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    No problem.
    Hello there Silk. How goes things?
    Silktree
    Silktree
    I'm doing well and hope that the same goes for you.

There is something I need to ask you. A PM would be best.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom