Silktree
Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I'd like to think Pokken at least acknowledges the Berserk Gene, considering that the Devil Gene in Tekken is responsible for their character's dark modes.
    ----------
    Am I missing something? If you buy it now, then it's actually a bit cheaper than in the US.
    ----------
    I still find it a bit pricey for something I'm on the fence about. I'm not too sure about the story for YW1, and the game play itself doesn't actually lure me in.
    I actually have a theory regarding the Berserk Gene and Shadow Pokemon since I noticed the similarities with the Japanese name earlier (would make a blog, but waiting for the reboot). Cipher supposedly had a "process" in which they "close the hearts" of Pokemon. What if the Berserk Gene (or a series of "Berserk" Genes) is actually present in all Pokemon (albeit in an inactive form) and Cipher simply found a method of to reactivate the genes through epigenetics?

The reason I suggest there are multiple gene contributers is because the process by which Shadow Lugia was turned into a Shadow Pokemon was clearly deemed more "successful". Perhaps the Colosseum Shadow Pokemon only had a few genes activated (hence only knowing Shadow Rush) while the XD batch had multiple genes activated (hence a greater number of Shadow moves). Lugia, and by extension, Mewtwo, had all their "berserk" genes activated, resulting in a full transformation.
    The recent currency gap between the USD and CAD means that companies can (once again) "justify" their price gouging, which of course, never goes down once the price differentials decrease. There was actually an article about a dollar store chain saying that it would start pricing things at ~$4 due to the poor economy...even though when the company first started, the exchange rate between Canada and the U.S. was much worse.

Its probably why I won't get Yokai Watch.
    I think this thread has reached the critical point of passing the same old ideas as "new" ideas. I've read the post over and over, and I've read people's interpretations of what is being said, and all I can come up with is that the user wants the exact same games remade but without any references to pre-existing games, or any other games in the series.
    I don't even see how Ash Greninja would fit into the classics time line since it falls into the same problem of "its always been there". And its literally just going to be XY, except replace every instance of Mega Evolution with whatever Ash Greninja is.
    So the current blogs won't be retained after the forum reboot. Its a shame, since I put a lot of time in my theory blogs, but I don't see the point in putting in the effort in rescuing things people haven't read in ages.
    ----------
    I really can't stress enough how uninteresting the Team Flare storyline is compared to the potential of Kalos' ancient past.
    ----------
    Well, Team Flare can't really make a main series reappearance without defying Game Freak's claims. The only unpredictable option is to show their early development in a prequel, but considering that Xerneas/Yveltal were only captured and abused in XY, there's obviously no chance that a prequel would feature both Zygarde and Team Flare. It would be quite hilarious if an earlier villainous team tried and failed to manipulate the legendaries and Team Flare didn't get the memo.
    Hopefully, it's not the end of the world if Volcanion is revealed in February. They could choose to reveal a new Pokemon in April much like they did with Mega Mewtwo Y. Above all, there shouldn't be a massive drought in which Zygarde gets nothing until well into next year. That would be problematic.

By the way, I'm starting to think that Zygarde's early promotion is pretty much only because the anime has reached the general vicinity of Terminus Cave.
    I actually think it's better for Complete Forme to debut a bit late so that its app chapter is released after Generation VII's announcement and there is context behind receiving its signature moves but not the new Formes right away.
    The way things are playing out right now (with Complete Forme debuting around February and the anime and manga beginning to cover Zygarde around now) strongly suggests that all forms of media are going to cover Zygarde in stages, not unlike Zygarde's own form of progression.
    I think Pokemon Adventures is a good indication that they aren't planning to treat Zygarde as an afterthought this year. I believe the manga is serialized monthly in CoroCoro Ichiban, so if Green strongly hinted at Zygarde's prevalence in future chapters this month, there's no reason for absolutely nothing to happen next month.
    ----------
    which is saying something considering that he was adamant about no game being released this year.
    ----------
    I think he means that the announcement was delayed to next year rather than the game's release. He's very aware that there's always a year off every generation. That said, I wish he would stop saying "there's tons of Gen VI left." Talk about denial. Even an early 2017 theory is more tolerable than what he hopes for.

Do most people even believe in a sequel or prequel anymore? I'm astounded that people are falling for the Gray trap all over again. It looks like they just have trouble believing that Zygarde's moves are not exclusive to Complete Forme and can't see a sequel or prequel being a single version. But at the very least, they should call the game something other than Z.
    It's just so strange for the anime to be promoting something currently unknown. Similarly, it's weird that even Complete Forme will debut in the anime. They're already spoiling the background of the Cells, Cores, and 10% Forme, but would they really do the same with Complete Forme? Where's the appeal in a Kalos app (or main series game) if the anime is just going to reenact the climax first? My guess is that in the anime, Kalos is threatened by Team Flare instead of Xerneas and Yveltal.
    I finished the demo. I can see why the game play style attracts young children but the demo didn't give a sense of the game's story.
    I think you'll be happy to know that the main game fixes a few of those problems.. well all except the battle system but you'll enjoy the exploration and puzzle solving since it's really enjoyable.
    YW2 is where it's at though
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom