Silktree
Local time
3:53 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• The demo was purely hunting and defeating three bad yokai, so I can't say much. I imagine it can be interesting if there's a good premise behind it. Gameplay-wise, I hope you can do more than soultimate and target. The items probably have a variety of uses, and I'd like it if there are more variations of inspiriting. I wonder what leveling up does besides increase damage.
    It's funny that they had 3.5 years to learn proper 3D development, and the end result was still poor performance-wise. And people want them to spend two years on NX development.
    ----------
    , as can framerate issues.
    ----------
    I don't think they're too interested in this. Why didn't they do it for ORAS? In fact, why didn't they do it to begin with? They spent three years on XY.
    While I'm not much of a fan of XY or ORAS, I can't say the graphics are always subpar. Examples would be the alternate camera angles in places like Aquacorde Town, Lumiose City, and Route 7. However, I do agree that the standard overworld visuals are comparatively weak, so I don't get why they cited "better visuals" as a reason for turning 3D off in the overworld; Level-5's games for instance show that most of Game Freak's maps can indeed support 3D. I'm not particularly invested in this, but it's peculiar.

On the note of New 3DS enhancements, I noticed that Generation VII battles can only look better than Generation VI on the New 3DS. That would be a bit odd, but I guess Generation V battles technically didn't look better and instead simply introduced a moving camera and sprites.
    I didn't notice that a demo is both available and available painlessly. Should be interesting.
    Maybe this Pokedex is physically modeled after the Hoenn Pokedex but actually lists the Kalos Pokedex.
    Here's an interesting point: If they want to spread out their reveals and December is being reserved for Movie 19 information, Zygarde's app should be revealed next month. Otherwise, it will have been at least six months since the tease. There's too much buildup all over the franchise for this not to be resolved soon enough.
    If Zygarde "has to be somewhere close," then there should arguably be a reveal next month unless Special also precedes Game Freak's app. I'd have no idea why so much spin-off media is advertising a game before it's even revealed. If there won't be a full game, Kusaka simply might not write a Z chapter.

Out of curiosity, what is the chance to you that the VGC 2016 format is indeed a typo?
    Really, given everything we've discussed up to now, numbers 1-4 (probably just 3) are the most probable options if it isn't something else entirely. After personally yakking about wanting to surprise us, it would be cruelly amusing to see him reveal a third version, especially now that we know about Zygarde Complete Forme.

----------
    6. A Kalos game that wouldn't make sense to us?
    ----------
    If you have no doubt about the VGC format not being an error, this shouldn't be an option to you.
    If the next region takes elements from the other six regions, I wonder what role Zygarde Complete Forme will play in the Kalos-inspired areas. The way XY treated Mewtwo makes me wonder if it'll just be tacked in. An app would provide it the exposition it needs, but I imagine its main series debut would probably be given attention if only because it's mascot-like. Interestingly, the faraway region celebrating the previous regions would be identical to the continents in Super Mystery Dungeon. If this bold prediction actually comes true, I think the app's final (if not only) release should actually be after Generation VII's announcement.

Speaking of which, the funny fine line between the Strange Souvenir games being a new generation and an XY follow-up taking place in a new region is Zygarde Complete Forme not having nostrils or a mouth.
    That's weird, because I recall a number of people pretty much saying that was a low point of Generation V. I guess they're a vocal minority.
    While I agree that they should adapt as they did to some extent with B2W2, many fans would complain that Generation VII was too short.
    Agreed, if the anime is to be believed it seems like some new form of Mega Evolution that deals with the bond of a trainer and his\her Pokémon
    While not certain, I was saying that it would've been closer to three years if they released the game as soon as they were done with it, unless they struggled to complete the game in a timely manner.
    They seem to have a policy that every generation must last at least three years. Assuming Generation VII will be released in late 2016, Generation VIII looks like it absolutely will be released in late 2019. The only thing that puzzles me about that is waiting four full years after receiving the development kit. Even XY were only released around 3.5 years later, and that was most likely just to save it for the holiday season.
    Oh, I'm referring to the people who are actually aware of the evidence but choose not to believe it, either out of bias or doubt. Nothing special necessarily needs to happen, but they're clearly planning it.

Even if Game Freak just received the NX development kit, they always spend three years with it. That does raise the question of when Generation VIII will be released, though. Now I'm doubting it'll be released in 2019. I still can't see them shifting the Souvenir games from the 3DS to the NX. There's no reason to hint at them in 2013 if they're not for the 3DS. Not to mention they already spent well over two years on them by this point.

It'd be odd if the handheld always shipped with the console. I can see the handheld being able to connect with the console to make way for special features, but they should be sold separately.
    I'm getting tired of this fandom's rigidness. Something they seem to choose to ignore is the fact that Game Freak decided to hint at the next generation for a reason. It's clear that they intend for the next generation to be a highlight of the series, especially since they've never foreshadowed any future game before. Can you think of any way that a 2017 generation can put a major mark on the series compared to a 2016 anniversary-commemorative generation? I mean, this isn't exactly a baseless prediction.
    That's a swift turnaround if I ever saw one. People say a visual novel would be underwhelming, but then they forget that the point is to give Zygarde background without having to make us wait another 1.5 years for the games they foreshadowed two years ago. Again, the alternative of Zygarde not existing not only wouldn't make sense, but would pretty much remove all the surprise.
    Hence why I didn't take it for granted that the anime companies had to file the trademark.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom