• Saph continues his journey through Galar. Watch here.

Recent content by Silktree

1. Silktree

REVIEW: SS018: Satoshi Participates! The Pokémon World Championships!!

The subtitles I'm familiar with just say "this Raichu is my comrade, trained by the Captain himself!", which is a little vague. But if you combine it with Pikachu and Raichu's lack of interaction, it's pretty obvious that it's a different Raichu. No way would Pikachu have agreed to retreat if it...
  2. Silktree

Visquez's Raichu had zero reaction to Pikachu and vice-versa, so it's almost definitely another Raichu that was trained by Lt. Surge. He does hand out a Pikachu in HGSS.
  3. Silktree

More new sync pairs in Pokémon Masters and Canonical to which

It's a fictional character and you hate him because of something that has no effect on gameplay. Any ideas on which Pokemon Lucas will get, or will he be ignored? Reminder that all Sinnoh starters are taken, as is Clefairy (his only Pokemon as an NPC).
  4. Silktree

World Championships in the anime

Go should focus on raids, quite honestly. They're definitely challenging enough for Raboot and actually have to do with Go's goal.
  5. Silktree

He could definitely make it in, as there are zero prerequisites. Ash chose to battle a higher-ranked trainer, but Go wouldn't have to do that. I am not saying it should happen, but it would be no different than Dawn battling Maylene for Buizel's sake (if anything, it would have lower stakes, as...
  6. Silktree

Pokemon 3D Adventure? Anyone know anything about this?

It's just one venue, so marketing has little to do with it. They probably just wanted a 3D Pokemon feature, and these are the only two choices.
  7. Silktree

It could be Forrest with some of Brock's Pokemon. Yes, Delia isn't the first character who lent her Pokemon to a family member. If the writers want to retread gym victories (do they?), that's fine, but I don't see the point when there are so many game characters that Ash didn't defeat or even...
  8. Silktree

You can't really complain about whitewashing regarding an episode where the actual opponent (that appeared for more than a few seconds) is black. They just decided to be more faithful to the games. As for the "hint" regarding Lt. Surge, I don't buy it as that would render Pisces' existence...
  9. Silktree

I don't really care what they intend to do after this series right now, but Ash doing another badge quest after all this sounds terrible. What I know is that I'd like to see Ash challenge Janine, Sabrina (with her Alakazam and Gengar duo), 2-3 top gym leaders from Galar, many Elite Four members...
  10. Silktree

Sure, but I'd say that Lt. Surge's design change is more significant. Blaine could have feasibly cut his hair and grown a mustache.
  11. Silktree

Women can be bodybuilders. It's a thing even if the anime hasn't showcased them before (maybe it has). Pisces' face is feminine enough. It's pretty clear that Lt. Surge wasn't used for this episode because they didn't want to retread Pikachu vs. Raichu (just remind us of it), and it would have...
  12. Silktree

PREVIEW: SS018: Satoshi Participates! The Pokémon World Championships!!

You might want to save your skepticism for when we get to the Great or Ultra tier with only COTDs in sight. You're extrapolating way too much. Again, there was no bait-and-switch because they gave us a summary alongside the episode title. Chances are that Go will tell Ash about Pisces before...
  13. Silktree

PREVIEW: SS018: Satoshi Participates! The Pokémon World Championships!!

I actually don't agree with that. Pisces is likely to be stronger than most/all early gym leaders, which would have been demolished by unreset Pikachu and Gengar. The Elite Four members say hi. There are 28 of them (27 if Olivia doesn't count), and Galar has 8 gym leaders, too. There is no...
  14. Silktree

S23: Pokemon the Series: ??? Episode Dub Title Thread

A Pokemon journey has a very specific meaning. What you're talking about is called a quest in Pokemon terms, which I admit would be a nice title (ignoring the spin-off game hardly anyone remembers).
  15. Silktree

PREVIEW: SS019: I Am Metamon!

There's a lot of fun they could do with that. I don't see why not given Zorua, to say nothing of the Detective Pikachu movie. The latter was disturbing, but obviously the anime would make Ditto friendly (maybe mischievous).