S
Local time
3:15 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello! I'm not sure if you noticed, but you have a gift waiting for you at the Winter Gift Station. :> I was skimming through the recent posts in the URPG wishlist, and saw yours. You seemed like you were kinda new; Tepig are more difficult to get than Pidgey, so I thought I'd give you one!

...And, oh my god. I am such a retard. I should have looked at the post dates there and your most recent activity. T_T
    Oh well, I guess it was worth a shot. XD
    To be honest, I don't really even know. I would suggest going to the contest section and figuring things out from there.
    Become a ref, then ref a lot or any kind of job. Or do contests. . Those are the big ones.
    It's great that you're taking an interest in URPG, but you should probably check the dates of threads before you post in them - generally, anything where the last post was over a month ago, people don't care about anymore, and so you shouldn't post in it. Definitely not something more than 3 months old.
    It's not the best, but it's not the worst. All you have to do is
    1. Capitalize names
    2. Give your Trainer a real name.
    3. fix the run on
    4. add dialog tags
    It looks Ok,it is your First story After reading the rules and everything. I did read your first It's an improvement. You may want to capitalize the words squirtle and sir.noodles. Yes I Know that you may want to use your Username in the story, and I liked how you gave a reason for It, but do you really thing that oak would call a Trainer that? You may want to give Sir. Noodles a name. I doesn't have to be your name, and you can use different names for different stories, or just different characters altogether. For later catches you may want to focus more on the caught pokemon, but that's up to you. While not a grammar expert but this felt like run on

----------
    I stepped inside, and there he was at the other side of the room professor oak himself.
    ----------
    A better choice could be : I stepped inside, and looked around. on the other side of the room stood a man. He was the famous Professor Oak.
    Or something like that. I must also tell you about Dialogue tags, As I didn't know about them in my first story. WinterVines explained it to me:

----------
    The next thing is dialogue tags. Don't worry about not getting this one, since a lot of people don't XD In general, if you include a dialogue tag after a piece of speech, here is a comma and the words after aren't capitalized unless it's a proper noun. For example, this:

----------
    "Suit yourself" the girl chirped...
    ----------
    -should really read like this: “Suit yourself,” the girl chirped. It didn't come up very often in your story since you didn't have a lot of speech, but it's something to keep in mind if you write a story with more talking in it.
    ----------
    And That's all I have for now. I recommend waiting at least two weeks before asking for a grade.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom