Recent content by Sir Turtlelot

1. Sir Turtlelot

If you were a Gym Leader...

Ground type for sure, so many of my favorites are Ground type, and my signature move would definitely be Earthquake. I would probably aim for being a late gym leader, with my team consisting of Rhydon/Rhyperior (Ace), Nidoking, Piloswine/Mamoswine, Krookodile, and Golurk.
  2. Sir Turtlelot

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

I'm definitely a fan of Galarian Weezing and the Galarian Zizagoon line. Regional variants were one of the best additions in Sun and Moon, so I'm glad to see them back for Sword and Shield.
  3. Sir Turtlelot

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

My copy will be waiting in my mailbox when I get home from work today. New Kirby games are always exciting for me.
  4. Sir Turtlelot

DISCUSSION: What Themes Inspire You

I tend to base some of my characters off of friends and family members. The characters in the fic I'm plotting out are all based off of the people who I used to play Pokemon with. From their personalities to the teams they used, I just want to recreate what we used to have together in written form.
  5. Sir Turtlelot

DISCUSSION: Collecting Fics and the Storage System?

I've always liked the idea of leaving boxed pokemon at an expanded secret base. There's zero basis for it in any media, that I know of, and doesn't make sense from a logistics point of view, since who's going to man the computer transfers, but it just seemed like a more personalized version of...
  6. Sir Turtlelot

POPULAR: Cliches in Pokémon Fanfiction

Making a generic, bland story based on the games does seem like an easy hole to fall into. On one hand, using an already established setting and story can easily come off as uninspired, but it also gives an author two distinct opportunities. First and foremost, it gives them more time to...
  7. Sir Turtlelot

POPULAR: Cliches in Pokémon Fanfiction

I've toyed with the idea of Eevee being a starter on the sole basis that it is intended to be your starter in Yellow, but your rival takes it before Oak can give it to you. If there was no rival, the the protagonist would have started with Eevee, as intended. As for rewriting the story of the...
  8. Sir Turtlelot

I guess I would equate writing a collecting fic to how you would go about completing the Pokedex itself in game. There's a handful of Pokemon that would be used as your team, but the rest would be captured and sent off to the box. Giving a fleshed out personality to every 'mon seems excessive...
  9. Sir Turtlelot

Thanks for the solid advice! I am curious though, why do you consider completing the Pokedex to be incompatible with badge collecting? I understand that one or the other would have to be the primary goal, with the other being a more secondary goal, but wouldn't it be possible to have the...
  10. Sir Turtlelot

Hi there! I've been lurking around the fan-fiction section for awhile now, and I was wondering about the collection aspect of Pokemon fanfics and how they are typically handled. I've been on a fairly long hiatus from writing, and am looking at trying to get back into the hobby, so I figured I...
  11. Sir Turtlelot

Pokemon Yellow Official Art

Hi there, long time no see! I was browsing around Bulbapedia the other night, and I found myself browsing around the Kanto Gym Leaders and Elite 4 members when I came to a realization. Lorelei, Bruno, and Agatha do not have an official art piece from Pokemon Yellow. My first thought was that...
  12. Sir Turtlelot

Anyone planning your team yet? What are your picks so far?

So far I'm very much leaning towards Rowlet as my starter, though that could change depending on the final forms of the three. Outside of that, I am most definitely liking Salandit and Drampa, also with Vikavolt as an early member replaced later on. Wimpod and Lurantis definitely have my...
  13. Sir Turtlelot

Alola Variant Pokemon: Thoughts and Predictions

I love this idea, and I'm really looking forward to some interesting new takes on some more classic Pokemon. So far I love the new variants for the Sandshrew and Vulpix lines, although I am impressed that they were able to make Exeggutor look even more ridiculous. I imagine that Alola is an...
  14. Sir Turtlelot

Starter discussion/speculation

The three new starters interest me. Rowlet is by far my favorite of the three, as I love owls, and it really gives me a Piplup vibe, so I'm hoping it will a receive an equally awesome final evolution. Poppolio is my least favorite of the three, though that's not to say I dislike it any, but the...
  15. Sir Turtlelot

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

I'm still hoping for a Yellow/Emerald pair of remakes, instead of Ruby/Sapphire and/or Red/Blue remakes. Unlikely, but I can dream. :P
Back
Top Bottom