• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Recent content by SkyknightXi

1. S

Minelayer team machination

Should be telling I wasn't thinking in terms of stalling, but in terms of constantly forcing enemy switch via Whirlwind, Dragon Tail, and Roar...Spikes and Stealth Rock were meant to be THE main source of damage...
  2. S

{rueful chuckle} This always seems to happen with me...Critiquing, even when I ask for it, keeps sounding like a condemnation of my philosophy, thought patterns, etc. But no matter what, I can't sense within myself any voids where the proper elements of psyche would fit. If I were that gravely...
  3. S

{icy gaze} There's no such thing as too philosophical. All things are a matter of philosophy. Meanwhile...I don't particularly like the idea of choosing just on who's regarded as stronger or weaker. (Remember what I said about wanting to prove in some way that the weak can consistently defeat...
  4. S

I will own that under most circumstances, Crustle and Grumpig wouldn't have been among my first ideas for inclusions, except that I was absolutely determined to (a) not duplicate any type (e.g. not including two rock types) and, far more importantly, (b) not represent any vulnerability more than...
  5. S

The main idea is to set up all three mine types, with a side of constantly sending a reserve pokemon skittering into the minefield. Hopefully, will be viable for all of single, double, and rotation (although I'm perfectly aware that that's probably not the case here). No items, personalities...
  6. S

Junichi Masuda reveals information on N: Game Freak director gains attention of fans

Re: Junichi Masuda reveals information on N: Game Freak director gains attention of f Key word being "visible". We Aspergerites ARE empathetic. It's just that, in part because of immunity to peer pressure, we can easily misinterpret cues. I know I tend to be greatly dismayed if I upset or...
  7. S

Junichi Masuda reveals information on N: Game Freak director gains attention of fans

Re: Junichi Masuda reveals information on N: Game Freak director gains attention of f I wouldn't be surprised if in Grey, N isn't already aiming at a SPECIFIC dragon, but will instead let them decide which one will help champion his cause. In such a case, you'll have dialogue choices in your...
  8. S

Re: Junichi Masuda reveals information on N: Game Freak director gains attention of f {sweatshop} I've not played anything in the Mother series. I just mean "chimera" in the genetic sense, an organism with multiple DNA codes. An example would when twin zygotes merge in utero. The single zygote...
  9. S

Re: Junichi Masuda reveals information on N: Game Freak director gains attention of f Other ideas I had on the born-of-pokemon bit: --N is a *reincarnation* of a pokemon. I even have an idea of the original Kyurem splitting its psyche into FIVE pieces, one for each of the Chinese elements...
  10. S

Pikachu C-Gear skin to become available via Global Link: Event runs through August 31

Re: Pikachu C-Gear skin to become available via Global Link: Event runs through Augus ...I'll wait for a skin based on Lileep, Cradily, Galvantula, Chinchou, or Lanturn...
  11. S

Compare and Contrast: The Final Fantasy Legend: Pokémon isn't the only monster-traini

Re: Compare and Contrast: The Final Fantasy Legend: Pokémon isn't the only monster-tr If I remember correctly, Digimon started with Tamagochi-style objects, so it definitely wasn't a follow-the-leader situation in either direction. System Error: More like I completely forgot about the...
  12. S

Compare and Contrast: The Final Fantasy Legend: Pokémon isn't the only monster-traini

Re: Compare and Contrast: The Final Fantasy Legend: Pokémon isn't the only monster-tr You may want to instead hunt down SaGa 2/FFL2, which sanded out many of the rougher problems with the systems in the first SaGa (not to mention introducing robots; when they equip something, that something's...
  13. S

On the Origin of Species: Woobat: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

Critters I'm thinking would make likely fodder for the next G5 column: Watchog (meerkat), Seismitoad (Suriname Toad?), Carracosta (early sea turtle, I guess...When do we get a Phobosuchus-based fossil, anyway?), Escavalier (snail-vore beetle that hides in the shells of recent prey for ambush)...
  14. S

On the Origin of Species: Manaphy and Phione: Investigating the inspirations behind P

Re: On the Origin of Species: Manaphy and Phione: Investigating the inspirations behi Rather late mention, but I thought it worth noting that the sea angel even appears as a game END BOSS. Specifically, the Embryon, the boss of Zone Nu in G-Darius (the other four possible end bosses are based...
  15. S

Localized Names

I don't get why people care so much about coolness in the first place (partly because "coolness" has no real substance). Ordinary/unremarkable does not auto-translate to unworthy. If it were unworthy, would it have been able to become so common as to be ordinary in the first place? (And I...
Back
Top Bottom