1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Slife
Blog Posts:
Birthday:
September 15

Slife

Perennial Contemplation

Skull Time Mar 31, 2017

1. Froyo
      Froyo
      GARCHER~ x3
      1. Slife
        Slife
        'ello there, delicious confection
        Jun 4, 2017
        Froyo likes this.
    2. SwordMaster♪
      SwordMaster♪
      Hello, Archer
      1. Froyo likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Slife
        Slife
        I haven't heard of that fight, but it sounds like it'd be a good one (as long as Shirou doesn't do something stupid and reckless). Considering it's going to be produced by Ufotable, I have the utmost confidence in their ability to animate it perfectly. They are unlimited budget works after all.
        Jun 4, 2017
      4. SwordMaster♪
        SwordMaster♪
        Well, if you haven't heard of it then I'm not gonna spoil it for you but it's something to look forward to.
        Jun 5, 2017
      5. Slife
        Slife
        Alright, though I don't mind spoilers too much in general.
        Jun 5, 2017
    3. Slife
      Slife
      Skull Time
    4. Arkadelphiak
      Arkadelphiak
      Hey, Slife! Remember me?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Slife
        Slife
        Yeah, I've been doing research in autonomous systems and a bit of control theory (so hopefully I'll be able to make my own mecha or Iron Man suit one day haha). Oh by the way, how did your Hyperloop project go? The hyperloop team from my university is in California right now participating in the final competition, I think. The concept sounds really cool from what I've seen of it.
        Jan 29, 2017
      3. Arkadelphiak
        Arkadelphiak
        I'm caught between two professors' research topics: one studies fluid flow analysis with lasers, while the other does this CRAZY stuff on swirl-driven rocket engines. I can't decide which one I like better.

Haaaaaaa, well, I made a mistake. I looked at my university's Hyperloop team and told myself, "they'll never win this dang thing because of some assholes from MIT" and never joined. And . . . then they won Best Overall Subsystem. So, I massively regret not joining! Don't be like me!
        Feb 2, 2017
      4. Slife
        Slife
        You can't go wrong with either one. Or combine both to make a swirling rocket that shoots lasers. I hear Space X is looking for something like that. I was lucky enough to find another research opportunity that combines aerospace and computing, that being software development for rotorcraft flight simulation. I'm also working on another project involving simulations but with VR integration.

Haha I thought the same thing when I heard about my university entering the competition. The irony is that MIT didn't even win in the end (I think they tried to overdo it with the maglev personally). Hopefully Elon Musk comes up with another crazy idea that I can jump on at some point.
        May 19, 2017
    5. the OLDEN one
      the OLDEN one
      Hey slife, check the thread on favorite genres for a poll suggestion
    6. the OLDEN one
      the OLDEN one
      You still have yet to accept my discord FR btw.
      Also I added you to my new new 3ds
      1. Slife
        Slife
        I checked but couldn't find any FR from you. You can send one (again?) if you'd like
        Dec 24, 2016
      2. the OLDEN one
        the OLDEN one
        Sent it again then.
        Also I have a new friend code on my new 3DS if you decide to add me,
        Dec 24, 2016
    7. Yours Truly
      Yours Truly
      *Reads the last post on your profile* Huh, it seems that our birthdays are within a day or two of eachother. I am amused by this fact. Yay. Also, (very) late happy birthday I guess.

...Anyway, you said you were up for a battle or two?
      2. Yours Truly
        Yours Truly
        Oh yeah, weren't we going to have a battle when we were both online at the same time? Is that still a thing? Or do you have to go to sleep soon or something?
        Oct 11, 2016
      3. Slife
        Slife
        Yeah we can battle when we're both online
        Oct 16, 2016
      4. Yours Truly
        Yours Truly
        Well, it's kinda hard to tell if you're online when you don't actually show it. That and the time we're usually both online is often when one of us has to go to sleep :D
        Oct 19, 2016
    8. Scarlet Sky
      Scarlet Sky
      Happy Birthday.
      1. Slife likes this.
      2. Slife
        Slife
        Thanks ^^
        Sep 16, 2016
      3. Scarlet Sky
        Scarlet Sky
        Get anything special for your birthday or get to do anything in particular?
        Sep 16, 2016
      4. Slife
        Slife
        Nah just an average day. I did go to dinner with my parents when they visited me in uni the following week, but other than that nothing special.
        Sep 19, 2016
    9. JustJeff
      JustJeff
      3rd place 3rd place? yes yes? when when?
      1. Slife
        Slife
        Oops forgot about this. Can you battle tomorrow?
        Jul 30, 2016
    10. Freesia
      Freesia
      Happy fourth of July!
    11. MachDragonX
      MachDragonX
      Looks like we are opponents this round. When are you available to battle?
      2. MachDragonX
        MachDragonX
        That should work.
        Jul 5, 2016
      3. MachDragonX
        MachDragonX
        I will be hanging out in the Bulbagarden chatroom on Showdown for the rest of the afternoon. Send me a challenge there when you are ready.
        Jul 5, 2016
      4. Slife
        Slife
        Hey so I talked to Shark a while ago and he said it's fine if we have a rematch. I've been looking for you on the Bulbagarden room for the past few days but it seems I keep missing you, so I figured it'd probably be better if we properly schedule it via VM.
        Jul 10, 2016
        MachDragonX likes this.
    12. Chibster
      Chibster
      Kweh! :3
      1. Slife
        Slife
        Choco! :o
        Jun 26, 2016
    13. poke trey
      poke trey
      It seems were both born on September and you seem to have a thing for my likes Hmmmmmm...
    14. Freesia
      Freesia
      watch?v=Uxf8bIF_TZE

This is hilarious. That Bisharp set. xD
      1. Slife
        Slife
        I saw that! Satire at it's finest xD

Verlis' reaction video was pretty hilarious too
        Jun 10, 2016
      2. Freesia
        Freesia
        I didn't know he made a reaction video!
        Jun 10, 2016
      3. Slife
        Slife
        It might be interesting to check out. A lot of PokeTubers have been reacting to his recent comments about a witch hunt to catch cheaters.
        Jun 10, 2016
    15. Tactician Karina
      Tactician Karina
      Hello! I would like to say thank you for the follow ^_^
      2. Tactician Karina
        Tactician Karina
        My playthrough was pretty fun! Kind of difficult though since I did a monotype normal team, but still great. I think I'll do another one but with a different type, maybe a water team next.

I've read on Reddit and few other sites that it might be Zygarde's core or something, or even the third starter but I doubt the latter, it's cry didn't really sound like the starters cries. I'm neutral on it's English name, it's not bad but it's not great either, though I kind of prefer it's Japanese name. Yungoose and Drampa are currently in my favorites list :D Drampa especially since it reminds me of the dragon from The Neverending Story. When the games come out they're going to be on my team for sure!

I haven't seen the fake leak but I'm not sure if I would have liked it or not tbh, either way whatever they do I'll go with it. I had the same idea about Typhlosion's mega too, if they don't do that then I'll be really disappointed at the missed opportunity. Yep, especially for the starters, and admittedly, I want to see a mega for Stoutland; I also want to see Purugly get a mega as well, yeah she's gen IV but it would be neat anyway. Same here, but I'm happy that they delivered some info anyway, can't wait to see more new Pokemon! Hopefully we get more than we did in gen VI :)
        Jul 10, 2016
      3. Slife
        Slife
        Oh awesome! I figured a monotype normal team would have been easier because they are so versatile and you have so many options haha. Ohh water! I hope Lapras finds a spot on your team :P

That begs the question of why she would want to stuff a Pokemon inside her bag though xD I liked one of the fan names, Canite, but I guess we'll have to live with Rockruff. Yesss bonus points for you :D I wonder what Yungoose will evolve into, if anything (hopefully it does). I really like Salandit too. That's two more Pokemon to add to my gangster team!

There are two new leaks going around; the UK one and the Chinese one. It also seems like those starter leaks are becoming more likely, but I hope not. Stoutland kind of already looks like a mega version of Herdier imo xD Yeah I definitely want at least around 100 new Pokemon, but that depends on how many megas they will add as well.

By the way, I like your avatar :D Especially the Buster Sword!
        Jul 18, 2016
        Tactician Karina likes this.
      4. Tactician Karina
        Tactician Karina
        I think if I do another normal monotype team I'll do better, it was my first time doing a monotype team so I knew I wouldn't do as well. Oh definitely going to have Lapras on my water team, I'm also thinking of Sharpedo as well though I'm not sure yet.

Yeah it's kind of weird that she would just stuff a poor Pokemon in her bag unwillingly. Canite would have been a cool English name for Rockruff, but eh. I heard it will have an evolution, though I can't seem to find it anymore, I think it was on a Reddit thread, anyway I hope it does, I mean I wouldn't mind if it didn't but it would be odd for it not to. Haha yeah, Salandit is pretty cool looking, can't wait till the games release to catch one X)

Okay I've seen the Chinese one I think, that one is the artwork of the starters final evolutions correct? I really like that one, especially Popplio's final evo design. Litten's final evo design is okay at best, though I wished it wasn't bipedal. Haha true, but it would be interesting to see a mega of him. Yeah I agree with 100 new Pokemon as well, hopefully majority of the new Pokemon won't be megas. I like mega evolution and wouldn't mind seeing some for other Pokemon, but I want actual new Pokemon for this region.

Thanks, I've been getting back into FF again lately so I've been making some FF avatars X)
        Jul 18, 2016
    16. Freesia
      Freesia
      I miss you Slife. :( I miss when we talked more.

Would you be interested to teamviewer and watch anime or a movie with me some time? ^^
    17. TheCapsFan
      TheCapsFan
      I haven't seen you around for a while. How are you keeping up?
    18. Amnesia
      Amnesia
      Thanks for the follow!! =D
      2. Slife
        Slife
        Indeed. Sometimes I tried to do the hand signs for the Jutsu's and the only one I could do was Fire Ball Jutsu xD I got the PM btw~

Yeah, Windows has it's shortcomings, but it's great for gaming I'll give ya that xP *inserts PC Master Race meme here* I haven't, but the name intrigues me! What's it about? :o

I like the name~ Clever use of the evolution motif in the insignia. It's funny that my dog happens to be an Eskimo breed haha. Sorry, off topic xD; So what kinds of games would your company make?

Slife from Bulbagarden xP It's amazing how an interest or childhood passion can turn into something so amazing as inspiration for the future. Just look at Pokemon and Satoshi Tajiri's interest in bug catching. It's awesome to see :'D

That's the thrill of it though :P Sometime they can go too far though so it's understandable :/

She's mostly there for fanservice I bet. I mean, even her cards are nothing but fanservice XD
        Jun 13, 2016
        Amnesia likes this.
      3. Amnesia
        Amnesia
        I remember trying to copy Zabuza. As you can imagine I failed XD

It's set in the future on an alien planet caled Hillys where aliens called DomZ keep attacking. The Alpha Forces say that they're protecting you, but they're actually behind all the kidnappings and DomZ related attacks. You play as Jade, a female photojournalist who gets involved in a conspiracy with a secret organization seeking to gain the trust of Hillians named The Iris Network. You join them and endevour to reveal the Alpha Forces for what they are =D You also have a Texan pig uncle who tags along. xD It's awesome and you should play it! You can get a HD version for your computer and even though it KINDA needs a remote, its still totally enjoyable with a keyboard and mouse. I may not have explained it very well but seriously, it's unmissable. it's very casual so hard-core gamers won't be too impressed lol

I know right xD And as for games... action adventure, like Ratchet and Clank! Combined with Sola to Robo and Final Fantasy. I like sci-fi to an extent :P

Yeah, it's rad. =D

I actually really like watching childish stuff, like Sonic X and reading Doraemon. I never got to watch childish stuff when I was a kid so thats probably the reason lol

Yeah. Misawa is cool, with his ghost types and all, but CHAD FTW!
        Jun 13, 2016
      4. Slife
        Slife
        Wow that game sounds really cool! It's also neat that you get to play as a female protagonist. I like the premise, and it seems like it has an interesting story. RPGs are meant for their story after all xD I actually have my PS3 controller hooked up to my computer because I find it really hard to play with a keyboard unless it's a slow turn-based RPG or simple platformer. For action and shooters it's nearly impossible for me xD I'll definitely check the game out, thanks~

Haha well you can be sure I'll be interested in buying your games xP I don't think I've asked yet, but what are your favorite games? :o

I can understand that. I missed out on a couple things during my childhood too so I'm trying to experience them now to make up for it xD Sonic X! Now the theme is stuck in my head again D;
        Jul 9, 2016
    19. Yours Truly
      Yours Truly
      Greetings to thee, Slife... If you are wondering what this message is about, I have two things I would like to mention. The first is that I am ready for the next Multi Battles session... I don't have my team at the best it could be, but it is barely passsable.

Anyway, the second is that I'm still waiting for you to update the Secret Santa tourney of yours so I can claim a prize... So hurry up! :P
      2. Yours Truly
        Yours Truly
        Then that may be an issue, since I have a thing that just so happenes to coencide with that time... Eh, if you're still on when I get back, I shall gladly do battle.
        Apr 17, 2016
      3. Slife
        Slife
        So what time will you be on exactly?
        Apr 17, 2016
      4. Yours Truly
        Yours Truly
        Well, the aforementioned thing finishes at 5 PM my time, so I think I can make it home and online at around 6 PM (i.e. 12 hours from now).
        Apr 17, 2016
    20. Freesia
      Freesia
      Check your discord messages pls.
  • About

Birthday:
    September 15
    Favorite Generation:
    Generation III (Game Boy Advance)
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Espeon / Eifie
    Favorite Pokémon Type: