• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Recent content by SlimeStack

1. S

The Dub: Non-canon, or just a separate continuity?

TPCi and 4kids aren't real. They didn't happen. Well, if there are slightly different characterisations that are consistent the whole way through, then the dub has its own continuity. Anything else is non-canon. Like in DP when they kept saying contests were annual when they clearly weren't...
  2. S

Umm..Was this really needed?

Blue's name has a reason behind it though. It was changed to reflect the names of the games. Changing a Japanese name like Satoshi or Musashi to Ash or Jessie is also done in the name of westernisation. Changing Holly to Gemma (one of Dogasu's examples) on the other hand is pointless. It hasn't...
  3. S

Oh, I know that. TPCi isn't exactly better or anything, I was just saying.
  4. S

[Theory]Is Red Ash's father?

If Red is Ash's father then Misty (game) is Misty's mother and Brock (game) is Brock's father, etc.
  5. S

Yeah this isn't really an anime thing. They just use the names that the games use. Though I will say that both Bel/Bianca and Eureka/Bonnie carry the same meanings (white and types of lemon respectively), so it's seemingly a case of just making them sound better or something. It would be a...
  6. S

Preview M17: The Cocoon of Destruction and Diancie

Haven't TPCi done this with most movies? They always seemed higher quality at least. They keep all the music too except the OP.
  7. S

Preview M17: The Cocoon of Destruction and Diancie

I'm really surprised that TPCi got this out so early. Are they aiming for a summer release? That'd be awesome.
  8. S

The Movies: Canon or Non-Canon?

M14 is the only questionable one, but I say it did happen. Ash definitely went to Eindoak Town, saw the Sword of the Vale, met Victini, participated in the competition, etc. He's just never going to tell us if he was on Zekrom's back or Reshiram's back, and it doesn't matter too much which one...
  9. S

Inventions or evaluations?

Clemont's inventions frequently move the plot forward or are at least useful in some way a lot of the time. That makes it auto-win, plus they're funnier in general.
  10. S

News Upcoming XY episodes

I'm honestly expecting Satoshi to get Mega Charizard Y. I don't think the two Mega Charizard Xs in The Origin and the upcoming Mega Evolution special are any coincidence. They're saving the Y form for him. Normally I would say this kind of theory is grasping at straws, but Charizard has always...
  11. S

Review XY019: Madame X's Plot! The Scary Calamanero!!

This is only a hypothetical, but I think it could work very well to have the writers delay the Team Flare plot in favour of adapting the X2/Y2/Z/whatever version of the plot while using characters like Malamar to slowly build up to that without writing the plot into a corner (as opposed to say...
  12. S

News Upcoming XY episodes

That kanji is soooo blurry. But a translation popped up here before I could even finish this post. :P Looks like some fantastic stuff is coming up over the next 4 or so months (that's the timeframe right?) It'd be pretty interesting if Eureka did end up with 2 or 3 Pokémon too.
  13. S

Review XY019: Madame X's Plot! The Scary Calamanero!!

TBH I'm just glad they're getting it out of the way early and not using it at a more important time. I don't think the writers have a concept of drawing the line with these kinds of things. @_@ I don't think I'll ever understand the Rocket hate base. Satoshi & co shouldn't have magical free...
  14. S

News Pokémon season 10, movie 10, Origins on Hulu Plus

It would be nice if it wasn't on a site that makes you pay to see tons of ads, but for Pokémon to finally be on a real streaming site and not just Pokémon TV is great. The latter is free, sure, but the quality is just dreadful.
  15. S

Why does the dub bother keeping any music from the Japanese version at all?

This topic is getting me excited for a full dub series with consistently good music. >.< Though if it's true that a contract is forcing TPCi to replace music, then I do respect them more for keeping in the original music when they can.
Back
Top Bottom