smalllady
Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• This is interesting. The color is closest to the one associated with Flying, but the glittering stars hint at something else. This also implies that there will only be one new Eeveelution, which raises the likelihood of a new type.
    Damn, that was certainly unexpected. Sadly, I'm not as excited as I was when I first saw him animated in the game trailer, but since he is my favorite character in Gen 5 I'm at least happy that hes there. lol I think the anime will most likely follow the original BW climax possibly, at the very least Best Wishes has become watchable for me again.

Do you think they'll botch this up? He should have been there from the beginning instead of that Trip, but I guess better late than never
    A lot of the N fans only seem to care about seeing him, rather than seeing what his role is. Today's announcement reminds me of all the hype around N's return in B2W2, which ended up being little more than a courtesy of fanservice.
    I guess the Zorua most likely evolved, since N's Zoroark seems especially close to him, whereas the Zorua was just given away. I still think that N releasing Darminatan and Woobat rather than staying in touch with them was a misguided thing to do.
    It's also staggering to think that N parted ways with Darminatan and Zorua considering that they raised him. And where did N's Zoroark come from? Is the Zorua in B2W2 the original Zorua, or its offspring?
    This is what N says in his room: "This place... was my world. When I was little, I was abandoned deep in the woods. The ones who took me in and raised me were the Pokémon who lived there. Then, one day, a man appeared, claiming to be my father. That was...Ghetsis. The things he gave me were...the name 'Harmonia'...the knowledge a king would need...Pokémon with their hearts shut so very tightly I couldn't even talk to them...and this room... I'll be outside..."

I don't think that Concordia was misinformed. If N remembers being abandoned, then he may understand the reason for it. But perhaps his parents actually thought that they were doing the right for him by making him closer to Pokémon. His life in the forest may have been a happy one.

I don't know what the deal with Harmonia is. Did N not remember having it originally, or had the name been forgotten by the king's prior descendants? We can't even be sure that the last name in the Abyssal Ruins inscription is supposed to be Harmonia.
    Anyway, it is possible that Concordia was fed lies by Ghetsis. If N is the descendant of the ancient king, I would think that his real parents would be proud of his powers. But either way, it seems obvious that Ghetsis was drawn to N due his similarities to the king. Quite possibly, Ghetsis took the name Harmonia for himself and had the audacity of suggesting that N didn't deserve to carry that name.
    There is no deleted location; the description for the king's grave is actually for the Abyssal Ruins themselves. What I'm getting at is that the king might not have lived in the land of Unova; once the temple had sunken underwater, the ruins might have drifted to a different location (Unova).
    I wonder why Game Freak felt the need to reveal that Ghetsis adopted N if his real parents were apparently equally cruel. What is the point of that little revelation? Why not just make Ghetsis N's biological father?

Also, have you seen this? I don't think that the Abyssal Ruins are really related to Unova. The connection may be limited to N.
    ----------
    N was an orphan. I heard that right after he was born, he upset people with behavior that suggested he could talk to Pokémon. When he was living in the woods with Darmanitan and Zorua, Ghetsis took him in. We are also orphans Ghetsis took in. Our task was to take care of N.
    ----------
    I think that Bluesun missed the highlighted line when he translated this dialogue. Concordia implies that N was abandoned by his real parents because of his ability to talk to Pokémon; I guess that his biological family isn't better than Ghetsis.
    For what it's worth, the staff haven't written much at all about B2W2 on their blog, even though they covered the development of HGSS and Black and White at exhaustive length.
    I definitely won't, but then I haven't bought a new game since 2009. I'm just tired of paying for a game that only holds my interest for a few days (until I complete the main story), even though I'm obviously still interested in the games to discuss them.

B2W2's sales aren't that impressive (HGSS had stronger sales by far, and Platinum isn't that far behind), so regardless of whether this is a result of waning interest in DS games or relative lack of enthusiasm about the sequels in particular, I think that Game Freak need to reevaluate the way they approached these games. The last thing that I want is to see a regression to third versions, but B2W2 should not be a template for future sequels.
    So we have proof that Hilbert and Hilda were originally meant to be the player characters, but it seems obvious that this was only the case prior to the decision to turn the games into sequels. I don't know why they weren't given new clothes.
    May I just say, there's no indication that Memory Link is how our past selves will be able to be seen. There's a reason it's called "Memory Link" - it's not a time machine or a Xtranciever link. If it was the way that we would meet up with the previous player we linked with, exactly what "Memories" would they have aside from a team that beat Ghetsis all that while ago?
    Sure, they might have hinted that the protagonists of Black & White will return somehow, but it's really vague onto what they're saying so I'm assuming it's not Memory Link...for now.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom