• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
SpinyShell
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• Debating changing my avatar. The images I'm interest in are all cards; I would crop them however.

Current considerations are:
    or
    (shame there is no higher resolution version)
    So I beat my first boss in Hyper Light Drifter.
    I expected the toad to be a lot harder than it actually was considering it wasn't the first boss I fought. There was another one in a different section of the map that completely destroyed me within the first 5-30 seconds of the fight every time so I was expecting this one to be pretty difficult as well. However, I just desperately whacked this one with my sword and dashed around it. Beat it on my first try.
    prog rocker
    prog rocker
    What is Hyper Light Drifter? I keep seeing that name mentioned when someone says they want someone in Indie Pogo.
    SpinyShell
    SpinyShell
    What is Hyper Light Drifter?
    It's an indie game. I'm not certain what its genre is, but apparently the game is in the style of classic 8-bit and 16-bit games such as Legend of Zelda.
    I keep seeing that name mentioned when someone says they want someone in Indie Pogo.
    I'm assuming people are referring to the main character of the game.
    Anyone here play Hyper Light Drifter? I'm considering getting it and was curious what people thought of it.
    Anyone know any good nicknames for a male Unfezent? I’m desperate.
    NMLewis
    NMLewis
    I feel like Rupert works. Or Eleazar.
    SpinyShell
    SpinyShell
    Thank you. I really appreciate the suggestions.

However, I decided on a nickname that I liked, Pridwin, a little bit after posting and forgot to edit/delete the post.
    I'm quite annoyed that my university counts an A- as a 3.7 and not a 4.0.

It's practically impossible to get a 4.0 GPA all four years when the TAs for the mandatory writing courses are advised to give out A-'s to prevent grade inflation.
    So I just hatched a shiny Totodile... aaaaaand it has Torrent instead of Sheer Force. This is the fourth shiny starter without its HA in a row.

At least my shiny Feraligatr in Omega Ruby has its HA.
    Zorchic
    Zorchic
    Well, what do you expect? Shinies and HAs are super rare. Getting both in one Pokémon is obviously not going to be easy.
    SpinyShell
    SpinyShell
    Isn’t it harder to get a shiny starter without its hidden ability since the regular abilities have a 40% chance of being passed down?
    Zorchic
    Zorchic
    Oh, sorry, I didn't know that you were breeding from a HA from the start. I would've replied earlier had I not completely forgot about this.
    I am disappointed that Musharna’s gen 5 cry doesn’t sound as cool/weird as I remember.
    NMLewis
    NMLewis
    I love that cry! They ruined so many cries in Gen 6, IMO. Not least of all Gothitelle's! It was hilarious in Gen 5, like some kind of... horror music!!
    Does anyone know of some interesting and fun Minecraft mods that make it more like, say, Terraria? Mods that add more biomes, mobs, quests, things to explore, etc.

I’ve been getting the itch to play the game, but I’ve always grown bored of it rather quickly.
    I will never get why GameFreak decided to make Rufflet evolve at a high level, and chose to make said level lvl 54 instead of lvl 50, which would have been far more fitting for a red, white, and blue bald eagle Pokemon in my opinion.

Also Rufflet's version counterpart totally should have been a turkey.
    Early access for Temtem was just announced! I've been waiting to here that news since I learned of the game.
    Reactions: chib can't life
    Calvinッ
    Calvinッ
    I had no idea what Temtem was before this post, but i'm fairly intrigued by it after watching the trailer. Thanks for bringing this to my attention :D
    Silktree
    Silktree
    I think I'll wait for the full release, but it depends on what I feel like playing in early 2020. The game looks solid in terms of gameplay and battle graphics, while the Temtem designs are serviceable (the famous platypus will obviously be the most popular one). The airborne archipelago will help the game feel more unique.
    The departments of the two majors I'm interested in, biology and physics, and may switch to are capped at my college, meaning that I have apply to switch to them. Not only that, I believe it means that I cannot double major in both--though I don't think I would even if that were an option.

Urg... the idea of a capped major is so frustrating.
    Superuxie
    Superuxie
    complete and utmost support on my end: there is NOTHING more frustrating than those holy H(e)"ll" (toothpicks, btw, not hockey sticks, toothpicks) of Things that exist.
    I would like to take the time to remind everyone that Bede's coat is magenta, which is distinctly different from pink. It's in between purple and red/pink, but it is not pink.
    Reactions: Tactician Karina
    BackSet
    BackSet
    Give Opal a break. She's old she probably can't see as well as she used to (don't tell her I said that.)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…