Recent content by Steel_Justice

1. Steel_Justice

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Finished the opening scene and briefing for the new case. Team's in town ready to investigate starting with the hospital to get info from the victims. They're actually in pretty good shape all things considered for my fic's standards, guess I'm feeling generous :LOL:.
  2. Steel_Justice

Team Building in Fanfics

It's pretty much already been said already but finding mons that fit the trainer's battling style, represent aspects of them and make general sense for them to own depending on background is a good place to start, sometimes literally when it comes to a Starter Pokemon choice. In my series for...
  3. Steel_Justice

Which pokemon would you find really scary in real life?

Beedrill: Regular wasps are bad enough without them being a meter tall with lances for arms. One's bad enough but you'd need a military platoon's worth of firepower if a swarm happens upon you. I think an underrated choice for this topic is Raticate. Most mons you could probably avoid by...
  4. Steel_Justice

After sleeping on the last chapter's ending I decided to tweak a few things to make more sense. Not big but still ultimately the same ending. I did add a horror-like stinger for the next chapter since I have a clear idea on what the new case is about.
  5. Steel_Justice

Finally wrapped up the haunted hotel case. Probably would have finished it sooner if my new PS4 wasn't so distracting :lapras::bulbaFacepalm:. Bit over 28k words for the 2 parts. Hopefully I can be more focused on the next case.
  6. Steel_Justice

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Agreed, for the most part. Some Pokemon games are heavier in story and themes than others. The first 4 gens had pretty much Excuse Plots but Pokemon Black and White and the Mystery Dungeon series are pretty heavy in plot and characterization compared to the rest of the franchise. It pretty...
  7. Steel_Justice

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I'd concur with CynthiaLover on it being a good idea to do a Pokemon playthrough while writing a story based on it. It would help a lot in figuring out the pacing for Pokemon acquisition, learning moves, evolving and so on. It would also help a writer better understand the other characters by...
  8. Steel_Justice

Realistically, which of your favorite Pokemon would be bad pets to have for you?

These responses have been great. Well thought out and fun to read. Keep em coming! I'll add some more. Tyranitar: Sure, it would be pretty funny to set up a bunch of cardboard boxes that look like buildings for a mini-Godzilla to knock over. But Tyranitar gets the last laugh when it decides...
  9. Steel_Justice

Realistically, which of your favorite Pokemon would be bad pets to have for you?

Just as the title says: I'm sure we've all at some point wanted our favorite Pokemon in our lives but reality can be a cruel mistress. Things like where we live, our house size, people we live with, lifestyles, climate and access to certain kinds of food or biomes can make some real life pets...
  10. Steel_Justice

Finished the last two ghost battles. Incorporating the public swimming pool into the Gengar and Yamask battle was fun, especially since I got to write Dragonair driving them into the water with Dragon Rush as an explosive finish. Now to tie up some loose ends.
  11. Steel_Justice

Wrote the first round against Gengar and snuck in an old school Yugioh reference. Round 2 begins but I think I may do a bit of cutting to another ghost fight before I come back to this one.
  12. Steel_Justice

Was my last one really 4 pages ago? Time does fly. Finished Ch 33 with a little over 15,000 words since. Now working on Ch 34. Finished 2 skirmishes against some Ghost Pokemon. 2 down, 2 to go.
  13. Steel_Justice

Writing a new case. Finished the investigation part. Setting up a fun and funny scene for the girls to do. Almost 5000 words in.
  14. Steel_Justice

DISCUSSION: Using Pokemon as Characterization

I was surfing through TV Tropes like the addict I am :bulbaLol: and I recently came across a trope I haven't seen before. It's called "Mons as Characterization". In a nutshell it's how a character's choice of or what mons they possess say about their character. An individual mon's...
  15. Steel_Justice

DISCUSSION: Diversity in Writing Thread

Fair enough, if the themes of the story revolve around identity and such then a character's identity should be an important part of them. Though in that case, the character is purposeful from their conception like I had stated before. I'm generally referring to stories where identity isn't a...
Back
Top Bottom