• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Recent content by Stratelier

1. S

Game Freak "Lied"?

The bigger reason is due to the added complexity that an ever-increasing Pokedex and move count applies to the workload. It's kinda like (and I know this example is controversial for its own reasons) when Disney decided to reset 40 years of canon-by-default published work. Or, more accurately...
  2. S

The Game Is Out, Time To Discuss

Unfortunately my only contribution to the release discussion is that I need to make like an Absol and go dark. It's going to be at least two more weeks before I decide to pick up Sword or Shield, and the best way to avoid spoiler details is to avoid Pokemon discussions in the meantime.
  3. S

An open-World Pokemon Game (Talking like Breath of the Wild)

But yeah, open-world style map design is a daunting task because you have to be concerned with how to populate it in a way that doesn't feel functionally empty (or, inversely, artificially populated).
  4. S

Recent Gaming Purchases

While I haven't attempted anything with it yet, I noticed Steam put Monster Hunter World (PC base game, no Iceborne) on a 50% sale so I decided to point my laptop at it and say to myself "this battle will belegendary." I am okay with the worst-case scenario, because that would mean not having...
  5. S

An open-World Pokemon Game (Talking like Breath of the Wild)

Go-anywhere do-anything open-world is a fundamentally different design than a story-driven RPG. One of the fundamental challenges of doing such a system is how do you balance the difficulty level with the player? On the one hand you can have wild Pokemon species (and their levels)...
  6. S

What video games are you playing now?

Not much to report from my MH plays ... in MHGU we finally finished the Teostra X armor set, but its skills are nothing like the MH4U version. In MHGU it literally has a skill called "Anti-Chameleos" which makes you immune to poison (Chameleos, Grypceros, Rathian, Nerscylla, etc.), item theft...
  7. S

Recent Gaming Purchases

The Witcher 3 (Switch). Unfortunately a printed game manual is not included in this release, but it does have the second-best thing: a printed lorebook. And a printed map. And some stickers which I probably won't ever use. But goodies are always nice. After that, I picked a Mewtwo amiibo...
  8. S

Your favorite Mystery Dungeon game?

Nah, it's fine. Have you by chance played the game Celeste? [/spoiler] Aside, I once lurked into a small fic series that (for multiple reasons) I can't name, but involved a Mew who ... shall we say, kind of went off the deep end. I wouldn't call it even lightyears from anything canon, but it...
  9. S

So a few days ago I set up an online room int MH4U and took down Gogmazios with one random hunter -- 30 minutes instead of needing the full 50. I've unlocked G-special quests, and did enough grinds to unlock the first "Aged Text" which is a Molten Tigrex (but G-rank!) -- and while I've been...
  10. S

Rathalos's poison comes from the talons, not the tail. And yes, Rathalos has always stayed in the air more than Rathian -- bring an insect glaive if you want to go air-to-air, or load up your Slinger with Flash Pods. Anyway, in my case we beat MH4U again. That is to say, defeated Gogmazios at...
  11. S

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

You always have the most curious way of phrasing the most specific questions... Personally I'd love to see Sceptile as a Smash fighter (especially given how awesome it was in Pokken Tournament) but I gotta acknowledge that it's probably not happening. The second batch of DLC fighters may more...
  12. S

Celeste, chapter 6. To say anything of what transpired in the story here would be MAJOR spoilers, but it took us a solid hour to finish it, and we did so with less than 100 deaths (much better than the previous chapter, with about 150 deaths). Also, chapter 6 has no strawberries.
  13. S

Try playing something like Crypt of the NecroDancer sometime.
  14. S

Yeah, you definitely did some sequence breaking; for story purposes you hunt Tobi before Anjanath. As for me, nothing new to report in either MH4U or MHGU, but I recently picked up Celeste and while I'm maybe about halfway through, it definitely lives up to what people say about it.
  15. S

Nah, Super is definitely on par with Explorers. Explorers' story is slightly more memorable (the ending having a lot of influence in that), but Super's story was a lot more polished.