Recent content by SupersonicScolipede

1. S

Did you ever notice something similar between all Regions names?

Whoa, I never noticed that! A similar..uh, similarity that was pointed out to me recently is that the female PCs all have names with the same number of letters as their Gen, at least from Gen III onwards (i.e. M-A-Y, three letters, Gen III...D-A-W-N, you get the point). This isn't counting Rosa...
  2. S

Would a Generation of Universally-named Pokémon be great?

You know how people complain that the nickname engine censors everything because it has to block vulgarity in every language? Imagine Game Freak having to do that for every single new Pokemon. Universal names are a cool idea, but ultimately would be very difficult to implement.
  3. S

ok, what's up with brendan's hat?

Here is a Reddit discussion I found with a link to the picture :)
  4. S

ok, what's up with brendan's hat?

There's a fan-made picture of the MCs and and a few NPCs without hats, Brendan included, and he actually looks surprisingly like Norman. (I apologize if this has been posted already.)
  5. S

If you had to get rid of one kind of Pokemon what would it be and why?

Cubchoo. If it didn't have its booger I'd be apathetic towards it, but as is it bothers me to no end.
  6. S

What do you miss most about the older games?

As much as I love Pokemon, the way the series sometimes regresses (notoriously in terms of features) tends to irk me. I'm cognizant that they want to make each Gen relatively unique in order to avoid newer games being labeled as simply upgrades, but I don't think removing beloved features is...
  7. S

"Wow, I was an IDIOT!" moments

I often forget that some Pokemon have been retconned to part fairy and use a move that's super effective against them-only, it isn't, because their new fairy type neutralizes it (i.e. dark moves on Mr. Mime).
  8. S

Unsolved Mysteries in X/Y...

I'm praying to Arceus that we don't have any more Abyssal Ruins situations this Gen-that is, unused potential that's never fully explained. Hopefully the next game will answer the fandom's questions.
  9. S

RUMOUR: Pokemon Next Gen

IIRC, Masuda has made it quite clear that the series is meant to stay on handhelds. I could be proven wrong, but I REALLY can't see this dual console thing happening.
  10. S

RUMOUR: Pokemon Next Gen

The "Pokemon Band" made me think of this , lol. I'll agree that most of the rumors seem fake. While it's very possible Gen VII is in its beginning stages, I highly doubt it's as fleshed out as these "leaks" seem to suggest.
  11. S

Unsolved Mysteries in X/Y...

I have to wonder if some of these oddities will end up like Abyssal Ruins did- that is, never fully explained...
  12. S

Awkward X and Y moments

Was I the only one who thought it was a bit strange that Grace (your mother) assumed the letter was a love letter? I get that she's famous and single, but...
  13. S

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen III remakes) ANNOUNCED

Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion I honestly believe Gen VI will be THE Gen we get Hoenn remakes. Back in the BW2 pre-release hype/hysteria I remember people speculated that screenshots of (the then unknown) Humilau City were some sort of redesigned Pacifidlog; this was obviously later...
  14. S

Speculation Should GameFreak make a Pokémon game with all regions in it?

As much as an all-region game is lusted over by fans, I personally (my apologies to those who want this type of game) don't like the idea. Amidst other problems already pointed out, the game would most likely be extremely, unbearably long. Length is not necessarily a bad thing, but, assuming it...
  15. S

Gen V: Should I play or should I not?

That's an interesting way to remember it. However, the problem, for me, isn't necessarily remembering which types are physical or special, but rather the way it makes Pokemon like Milotic (who has a very high Sp. Defense stat) much more resistant to their respective weakness(es) than other Pokemon.
Back
Top Bottom