1. Think you know Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow? Just feeling lucky? Check out Pokémon Wiz: Kanto Edition!
  2. Pokémon Wiz: Kanto Edition Round 2, Clue #2

Round 2
    Clue #1: HM04

Clue #2: "Hif fuff hefifoo! Ha lof ha feef ee hafahi ho. Heff hee fwee!"

For how to play Pokémon Wiz, click here. Please submit all answers in a PM to the judges: Enzap, SoaringDylan, and DarthWolf.
Tactician Karina
Blog Posts:
Birthday:
Oct 31, 1995 (Age: 23)
Waitress

Tactician Karina

TDIZ, 23, from California

Unicorns are perfect in the eyes of imagination. Oct 8, 2018

1. RDlover148
      RDlover148
      Happy birthday!
      1. Tactician Karina likes this.
      2. Tactician Karina
        Tactician Karina
        Thank you ^^
        Nov 1, 2018
        RDlover148 likes this.
    2. Trainer Gabriel
      Trainer Gabriel
      Happy birthday and Halloween, TK!
      2. Tactician Karina
        Tactician Karina
        Thanks! and a happy Halloween to you as well ^^
        Oct 31, 2018
        Trainer Gabriel likes this.
      3. Trainer Gabriel
        Trainer Gabriel
        Hope your day is going great on both accounts! :)
        Oct 31, 2018
        Tactician Karina likes this.
      4. Tactician Karina
        Tactician Karina
        Thank you, it's been great so far and a bit later I'll be going out with my parents and brother to a birthday dinner.
        Oct 31, 2018
    3. Golducky
      Golducky
      Happy Birthday! :D
      2. Tactician Karina
        Tactician Karina
        Thank you! ^^
        Oct 31, 2018
        Golducky likes this.
    4. Trainer Gabriel
      Trainer Gabriel
      The Custom Title that goes with your avatar is hilarious. XD
      2. Tactician Karina
        Tactician Karina
        Thanks, the user title just came to mind when I saw the image and I thought "I have to put it in" it feels complete that way for some reason lol.
        Oct 11, 2018
    5. Tactician Karina
      Tactician Karina
      Unicorns are perfect in the eyes of imagination.
      1. TRNatalie likes this.
    6. Trainer Gabriel
      Trainer Gabriel
      Update: I just finished Sacred Stones last night! I think I like this better than Awakening and will definitely play again sometime, perhaps sooner than later. I'll definitely have to do Ephraim's route when I do... and try not to lose more than half of my units by the end next time. :sweatdrop:
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Tactician Karina
        Tactician Karina
        Yeah some names in the series are pretty confusing and hard to pronounce, special mention also goes to Deirdre from FE4. But at least you still had Seth and Duessel, they are pretty great units, Tethys the dancer you mentioned is also ok if for her fast HP and Luck growth.

Yeah there are some FE fans (as well as other fans of similar games/genres) that recommend not to restart cause you're supposed to feel the impact of losing them, which is fine and all for some but I like certain characters so much anyway that I just have to restart to keep them all lol.

For Ephraim's route I do recommend keeping it on Easy or Normal (whichever you have it on), since some maps are indeed slightly harder than Eirika's maps. For the Phantom Ship chapter, when you get to it, just make sure to have your best defensive units ahead of you then send in magic units to help with healing/striking afar. And Pegasus Knights help with Mogalls, so have them ready too!
        Oct 3, 2018
      4. Trainer Gabriel
        Trainer Gabriel
        You're telling me. But it's kind of comforting to know that even FE veterans like yourself have a hard time pronouncing certain names. :) Funny thing I neglected to mention is, one of the characters happens to share my own first name. And, yeah, Seth and Deussel are tanks, so they're very useful to rely on when in a tight spot. (And looking through the roster on the wiki page, I'm still not quite sure if I remember exactly who all survived in the end. :/ )

I will fully admit that I played the game on the Easy difficulty - take that as you will. But it looks like I might want to leave it at that setting, if I'm going to be doing some harder maps when I do Ephraim's route. I was thinking I could still make it a bit more challenging by making sure every character is both recruited and survives till the end next time. It'll be more rewarding in the end when I read each of the characters' fates in the character epilogues. I've played some other RPGs that have that kind of ending feature, and it's neat that Fire Emblem does, too. Don't know when that started in the series, or if FE did it first, but it's a nice touch, regardless. And thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to refer back to this advice when I replay SS! :)

Oh, and good avatar to be using during our FE discussion here, btw, though I may not know who the warriors are or in which FE game they're from. :P
        Oct 4, 2018
      5. Tactician Karina
        Tactician Karina
        I've had discussions with other FE fans and sometimes we'll talk about how hard certain names can be to pronounce and spell lol, makes me wonder what the Japanese fans think of some of the names.

Yeah if you chose that setting for the game it is best to leave it on there then, Ephraim's route is a bit harder but easy mode should be able to take some heat off of it (because man when I played on hard mode the first time for it I got punished). So I think Phantom Ship shouldn't be too bad, but it's still good to be cautious anyway.

Thanks! They are from left to right Leif, Seliph, and Ares. They all appear in the fourth game, GotHW; and Leif is the main protagonist in the fifth game Thracia 776, Seliph makes an appearance in this one as well but isn't playable and Ares doesn't appear at all.
        Oct 4, 2018
    7. Max1996
      Max1996
      Why hello there. Shinso, is it?
    8. Trainer Gabriel
      Trainer Gabriel
      Hey, do you mind if I ask you a question? It pertains to the Fire Emblem series, and I thought you'd be a good person to ask about that.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Tactician Karina
        Tactician Karina
        I thought I was already following you so I had to do a double take at first lol. But yeah Star Wars and Star Trek I really like, and I just love video game music in general regardless if I've played them or not; so most vg music posted I'll most likely enjoy with only rare exceptions.

I hope you enjoy SS, and Blazing Sword whenever you get around to it! Another FE game that is a good starting point is Fates for the 3DS, mainly Birthright since it's also like Awakening, though YMMV on the game(s) due to a lot of controversy surrounding them but eh I thought they were alright.
        Sep 27, 2018
      3. Trainer Gabriel
        Trainer Gabriel
        Well, how considerate of you to consider me worthy of following. ^_^ And, yeah, I also share your love for video game OSTs, as I'm sure you're already aware. I know there are games I've wanted to play simply because I liked the music.

Hmm... Fates has been the one FE title(s) that I've been more reluctant to try, due to said controversies. It sounds to me like Fates just took everything many didn't like about Awakening and put more emphasis on it. I also didn't like the idea of having to play three different versions of a game to get a complete story. I honestly wasn't really that interested in anything post-Awakening until I found out that Echoes: SoV was actually a remake of the second FE title made. Now I definitely want to play that one sometime, too. But Fates... maybe if you really think any or all versions of that one are good enough to play I'd consider it, if I can still get any them for a decent price.
        Sep 27, 2018
      4. Tactician Karina
        Tactician Karina
        Fates was made off the success that Awakening got, and it shows. Marriage, children, grinding, DLC's, etc. they just threw it all in because it'll make money, and it did, but the way a lot of it was implemented was not that great. Like the child units weren't that well received because the way they were put in didn't make sense unlike in GotHW and Awakening, and the fact that while you can marry any character opposite gender of Corrin it cuts back on having good supports. And of course making three games just to get the actual full story and true ending was a bad idea, and at least put all three paths on one cart IS, come on.

There is just too many things that they tried to achieve and missed the mark with in regards to Fates. That being said the gameplay, for Conquest at least, was pretty good and there are characters I do like from them so I just went in with low standards for it. Overall they were alright for gameplay, terrible for story (the fact they needed three games to get a full story and still have plot holes is all bad), and alright for some characters; if you want to try one of them then Birthright for the grind or Conquest for a traditional experience gameplay wise, ignore Revelations though.

(And yes I do recommend Echoes for the modern Gaiden experience, I've played both and they're really fun. But maps do get repetitive and I recommend that all units be promoted ASAP)
        Sep 27, 2018
    9. Max1996
      Max1996
      You don't look shorted out to me...
    10. PetitEevee
      PetitEevee
      Hey!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. PetitEevee
        PetitEevee
        How are you?
        Sep 16, 2018
      3. Tactician Karina
        Tactician Karina
        I'm fine, how about you?
        Sep 17, 2018
        PetitEevee likes this.
      4. PetitEevee
        PetitEevee
        I am good thanks! Good to hear that
        Sep 18, 2018
    11. The Light
      The Light
      I see dat Todoroki <3
      1. Max1996 and Tactician Karina like this.
      2. Max1996
        Max1996
        Me too. :3

(Maxie approves!)
        Sep 6, 2018
    12. Tactician Karina
      Tactician Karina
      Rinoa Heartilly finally in Dissidia
    13. Trainer Gabriel
      Trainer Gabriel
      Hey there! I didn't know you enjoyed video game series like Fallout and Diablo. Your tastes surprise me. 0_0
      2. Tactician Karina
        Tactician Karina
        Haha it was mostly thanks to my brother that I got into them!
        Jul 5, 2018
    14. Tactician Karina
      Tactician Karina
      Finally got a Switch, just started LoZ: BotW!
      1. Poke Trey and gone for now like this.
    15. Trainer Gabriel
      Trainer Gabriel
      Can I just say that I like your Terra avatar?
      2. Tactician Karina
        Tactician Karina
        Thanks! Haven't used a FFVI character as an avatar in a while so I thought it was time to change that.

I like your avatar too also, Conway seems to be underrated so it's nice to see him in an avatar!
        Jan 17, 2018
      3. Trainer Gabriel
        Trainer Gabriel
        No problem. Final Fantasy VI just happens to (most likely) be my favorite entry in the FF series. In fact, I've been planning to work around my backlog to replay it again at some point this year.

And thanks! Glad to see another Conway fan. :)
        Jan 18, 2018
    16. The Light
      The Light
      Nice Leon avatar :)
    17. The Light
      The Light
      Are you eating a jelly donut?
      2. Tactician Karina
        Tactician Karina
        Of course! Nothing beats a jelly filled donut!
        Nov 3, 2017
        The Light likes this.
      3. The Light
        The Light
        Who could possibly want a rice cake when we have JELLY-FILLED DONUTS?!?
        Nov 3, 2017
      4. Tactician Karina
        Tactician Karina
        What's a rice cake? It certainly isn't better than a JELLY FILLED DONUT!!!
        Nov 3, 2017
        The Light likes this.
    18. Time Breaker
      Time Breaker
      Happy birthday, Karina!!
      2. Tactician Karina
        Tactician Karina
        Nov 1, 2017
        Time Breaker likes this.
    19. Anime Psyclone
      Anime Psyclone
      Happy birthween
      2. Tactician Karina
        Tactician Karina
        Why thank you ^^
        Nov 1, 2017
    20. The Light
      The Light
      Happy birthday and nice ava ^^
      2. Tactician Karina
        Tactician Karina
        Thanks! I like yours as well :)
        Nov 1, 2017
        The Light likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Oct 31, 1995 (Age: 23)
    Waitress
    Nature:
    Relaxed
    Favorite Generation:
    Generation IV (DS)
    Favorite Generation 1 Pokémon:
    Bulbasaur / Fushigidane
    Favorite Generation 2 Pokémon:
    Houndoom / Hellgar
    Favorite Generation 3 Pokémon:
    Linoone / Massuguma
    Favorite Generation 4 Pokémon:
    Purugly / Bunyatto
    Favorite Generation 5 Pokémon:
    Stoutland / Mooland
    Favorite Generation 6 Pokémon:
    Diancie
    Favorite Generation 7 Pokémon:
    Mimikyu / Mimikkyu
    Favorite Mega Evolution:
    Mega Lopunny
    Favorite Alolan Form:
    Alolan Ninetales
    Favorite Region:
    Sinnoh / Shin'ō
    Favorite Gym Badge:
    Hearthome City Relic Badge
    Favorite Pokémon Type:
    Normal
    Nintendo Network ID:
    KarinaM
    Nintendo 2DS/3DS Friend Code:
    5043 - 3244 - 4662
    Series I like: Pokemon (of course!), Digimon, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Gunvolt, Kirby, Kingdom Hearts, Touhou, Seihou, JJBA, Attack on Titan, DanMachi, KonoSuba, MonMusu, Black Clover, Servamp, MHA, One Piece, Beyblade Burst seasons, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Star Trek, and a few others.

~~Favorite Characters~~
    Fire Emblem:

Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem+remakes: Marth, Caeda, Julian, Navarre, Wolf, Linde, Palla, Catria, Est, Xane, Tiki, Kris(M&F), Cecil, Phina, & Samuel.
    Gaiden+SoV: Alm, Celica, Silque, Tobin, Kliff, Clive, Python, Conrad, Delthea, Luthier, Mae, Boey, Saber, Tatiana, Genny, Leon, Sonya, Deen, Fernand, Shade, Yuzu, & Berkut.

Genealogy of the Holy War: Sigurd, Naoise, Alec, Quan, Finn, Ethlyn, Ayra, Sylvia, Tailtiu, Seliph, Tristan, Julia, Shannan, Daisy, Patty, Leif, Tine, Linda, & Julius.

Thracia 776: Linoan, Eda, Salem, Homer, & Sleuf.

The Binding Blade: Roy, Lance, Wolt, Clarine, Rutger, Saul, Lilina, Klein, Echidna, Melady, Cecilia, Fae, Hugh, Zeiss, & Idunn.

The Blazing Sword: Eliwood, Lyndis, Hector, Nils, Ninian, Heath, Pent, Canas, Priscilla, Rath, Serra, & Rebecca.

The Sacred Stones: Eirika, Ephraim, Seth, Vanessa, Artur, Lute, Natasha, Joshua, Forde, Tana, Gerik, Myrrh, & Knoll.

Path of Radiance+Radiant Dawn: Ike, Soren, Rhys, Shinon, Mia, Ilyana, Marcia, Lethe, Nephenee, Jill, Muarim, Reyson, Ranulf, Lucia, Micaiah, Edward, Volug, Fiona, Lyre, Kyza, Kurthnaga, Stefan, & Tibarn.

Awakening: Robin(M&F), Chrom, Frederick, Sully, Stahl, Miriel, Sumia, Maribelle, Panne, Gaius, Cordelia, Lon'qu, Olivia, Henry, Cherche, Flavia, Inigo, Owain, Cynthia, Severa, Gerome, Morgan(M&F), & Noire.

Fates: Jakob, Silas, Kaze, Hinoka, Sakura, Kagero, Azama, Oboro, Setsuna, Subaki, Kaden, Xander, Leo, Camilla, Peri, Arthur, Niles, Nyx, Charlotte, Keaton, Flora, Shigure, Dwyer, Selkie, Mitama, Siegbert, Forrest, Soleil, Velouria, Percy, & Nina.

Heroes: Alfonse & Sharena

Final Fantasy:

IV: Cecil Harvey, Rydia, Kain Highwind, & Rosa Farrell.

V: Bartz Klauser, Lenna, Faris Scherwiz, Galuf, & Exdeath.

VI: Terra Branford, Locke Cole, Edgar Figaro, Sabin Figaro, Shadow, & Relm.

VII+compilation: All characters.

VIII: Squall Leonhart, Rinoa Heartilly, Selphie Tilmitt, Irvine Kinneas, & Laguna Loire.

IX: Zidane Tribal, Garnet, Vivi, & Freya.

X+X-2: Tidus, Auron, Yuna, Rikku, & Paine.

XII: Vaan, Ashe, Fran, & Balthier.

XIII trilogy: Serrah Farron, Vanille, Fang, Hope Estheim, Sazh Katzroy, Noel Kreiss, & Caius Ballad.

XV: Noctis, Lunafreya, Prompto, & Ignis.

Type-0: Ace, Deuce, Queen, Machina Kunagiri, & Rem Tokimiya.

Tactics: Ramza Beoulve.

Kingdom Hearts:
    Sora, Roxas, Aqua, Terra, Ventus, Larxene, Riku, Kairi, Namine, Zexion, Demyx, Marluxia, Xemnas, Xigbar, Ephemer, Skuld, Lauriam, Axel, Xion, & Blaine.

Attack on Titan:
    Eren Jäger, Sasha Braus, Mikasa Ackerman, Annie Leonhart, Historia Reiss, Jean Kirschtein, Connie Springer, Gabi, Porco Galliard, Pieck, Falco Grice, Ymir, & Erwin Smith.

---------------------------------------------------------

I like to talk, so send a PM or VM if you ever want to chat about anything!

I also have a shiny new Backloggery profile, if you want to see the games I've played!
    ~Disclaimer: Any avatar art I use belongs to their respectful artists (fanart or official), I take no credit for them.~

My claims: Seth - Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - Tactician Karina - 4/23/16
    Squall Leonhart - Final Fantasy VIII - Tactician Karina - 8/24/17

[​IMG][​IMG]

Signature

[​IMG]
    Claims: Seth (FE Sacred Stones); Squall Leonhart (FFVIII)
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.