• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!
Tactician Karina
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Yup I know, I posted the same video on the YouTube thread . :)
    Reactions: Weiss
    Weiss
    Weiss
    I remember this after I posted sorry >_<

Hyyype
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    That's alright, at first I thought it was a similar video by a different person until I recognized the thumbnail and YouTuber lol.

So excited for Three Houses though! Soon in two weeks!
    I am Black Eagles (It is close to my family coat of arms IRL) but I am lucky Mercedes confirmed recruitable. Do you want to play Golden Deer first time round? I admit Claude is suave AF.
    Reactions: Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    We get a calendar, artbook, sound selection CD, steelbook, and a pin set (GameStop exclusive only).
    Reactions: Weiss
    Weiss
    Weiss
    I was about to rage quit life as I thought we only got the coin and pin set but I doubled checked...

UK/EU:

The Limited Edition includes
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses game and SteelBook
    USB Stick containing the soundtrack
    Artbook and a pin badge set of the three houses

Worth the extra £20 for a change really hope you enjoy it you’ve been getting me so hyped =)

Do you feel a bit “spoiled” by them revealing the timeskip? I’d rather not have known that personally.
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    I was surprised that the North America SE gets a steelbook tbh since usually it's European SE's that get them, and for the pin set here in the US the SE has to be pre-ordered from GameStop in order to get it, I was lucky to order from them since the House pin set looks so cool. But it's worth paying $100 for it tbh.

I don't mind honestly, on one hand yeah it would be nice to find that out on our own but on the other hand I get why they showed us the timeskip at E3, most likely to reassure people that "Hey, this game isn't just set in the school so don't worry." Though I had a feeling the game wouldn't be in the school the whole time anyway, but it's nice they are taking cues from GotHW, so that makes me even more excited.
    More earthquakes and aftershocks in SoCal been happening, two happened not too long ago one after the other. Please be safe everyone in the area, people are saying more might happen in the coming days. A 7.1 hit Ridgecrest again few minutes earlier, really felt one here too, had to hold Sweet Pea's cage so it wouldn't fall so I put her cage on the floor close to me, and my cat Shadow is anxious. Again everyone in the area, be safe throughout night and the coming days.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    You stay safe and careful up by yourself too.
    TRNatalie
    TRNatalie
    You stay safe too. We’re all thinking of you.
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Thank you both, I'm just really worried for the people up in Ridgecrest and areas closer that really got the brunt of it. Hours earlier today they got a 5.5 aftershock, and people have been saying the shakes were even felt as far as Sacramento and Las Vegas, NV. Definitely got things ready over here just in case, called my parents to make sure they are prepared too and my brother as well. Hope this passes soon.
    Timeskip Claude and Dimitri are looking good! Hoping that fourth path leak ends up true and isn't like Fates' Revelations path. Byleth's sword is also apparently a whip, so cool. And apparently no customization of Byleth beyond gender and name? FETH is looking better and better so far, now I'm just waiting on watching the gameplay tomorrow.
    Still kinda salty that Dorothea, Linhardt, Ferdinand, Ashe, Sylvain, and Felix aren't in Golden Deer in FETH. At least I still have my boys Claude, Ignace, and Lorenz (smh people are needlessly dunking on this poor boy) to look forward to.

Speaking of needlessly dunking on FE characters, let's appreciate Kris (yes I love them, yes I liked New Mystery of the Emblem, nobody can change my mind). Also put them in Heroes damn it! (at least male Kris has Cipher cards..)
    (Art by 南北(なんぼく)on pixiv)
    Hi, how are you Karina? I just checked your profile, and we have one coincidence: we are both of Relaxed nature LOL

I saw you like SO many series that I just got curious: is Pokémon your favourite?
    Cool avatar!
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Thanks, though I've been trying to find who the artist of this one is (doesn't help that some have used this one as Twitter profile pics, making harder to find who the artist is). Usually I use official art or my own sketches, but I saw this one on a google search of Joker and couldn't resist!
    Reactions: Ana
    Ana
    Ana
    I usually go for official art, too. In case I ever use an avatar I don't know the artist of, I left a message on my bio as a heads up haha. I remember seeing a wolf-like sketch as your avatar. Was it one of your sketches? It was neat! :)
    Well, as you may have noticed, I did finally get back to another playthrough of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, as promised, and beat it a few days ago now, doing Ephraim's route this time. :) I gotta say that the Phantom Ship could get rather frustrating, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It was similar to that ship stage from Awakening, as far as I could see, just with fog.

Overall, I don't know if I have a preference for which route I prefer. And... honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about SS compared to Awakening after all. :/
    Trainer Gabriel
    Trainer Gabriel
    Well, when you put it that way, I guess I can see why supports are done on the battlefield (though I can't say I get how that works in-universe). Still, I can't say I like the idea of having the characters meet in the middle of battle so they can converse, instead of doing that at camp, and I never got exactly what supports do in SS and how they benefit the units. Yes, Lyon actually had more layers to his character than the cookie-cutter villains of Awakening. Strange that there are some who don't seem to like his backstory that much. I've heard about there being recruitable characters with the completion of special towers, or whatnot, but I do still would've preferred to be able to recruit Selena during the base campaign by persuading her that she's fighting for the wrong side. I saw her as a victim of her loyalty to her Emperor, who turned out to not be the real Emperor (rather just a shell, as it were), instead of a true enemy, and felt that this was a wasted opportunity for a redemption arc for her character. :/ I guess I've forgotten about Orson being a temporary team member, though; I rather wish I could've redeemed him for similar reasons as Selena, too.

So that's what I had to do, huh? Since Eirika couldn't recruit Joshua, I guessed I could only do it with a specific character, and I figured it had to have a been a girl who could convince him to join, just not necessarily Natasha. To be honest, I thought I might've had to first recruit Tethys the dancer from the house she's in and have her dance for Joshua, prompting him to join Eirika's band. :ROFLMAO: I'll definitely recruit him next time for sure.

Indeed, many of the RPGs from Bioware have choices with consequences (however minor) and more than one ending. And in KOTOR's case, it's about choosing to follow the way of the Jedi or the way of the Sith. You'll have a meter next to your character in the character menu - an alignment or karma system, if you will - that will start in the middle (gray zone) and will steadily shift toward the blue (Light) zone or toward the red (Dark) zone, depending on your actions. If you are compassionate and helpful toward people you meet throughout the game, you'll be more in-tune with the Light side of the Force; if you are aggressive towards NPCs or lie/cheat for personal gain, you will succumb to the lure of the Dark side of the Force. The choice is yours and yours alone. ;) (Or, in this case, do whichever you'd like to do first. Lol)
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Someone else on SF forums mentioned it better than I did about how it works in universe, but yeah it's essentially when a group of misfits fight with each other for a while in a army wanting to beat down the bad guy that wronged them in some way, friendships are gonna form into (sometimes) a strong bond. As for why they are there, some have a good payoff of seeing a great convo between two characters and the added bonus of a possible marriage, it's pretty much a bonus for putting in the work. Yeah recruiting Selena the usual way from a regular fight would've been easier, when I first found out how to recruit her a while back ago I was kind of irritated that they made it into an obscure way of obtaining her, but I guess that's the price to pay for a secret recruitable character plus her not having any influence in the game after getting her. :/

Natasha and Joshua are each others fastest support growth, though their actual conversation is kinda weak. But it's funny for Joshua's recruitment, in English he doesn't attack Natasha, but in the original Japanese version he can attack her. But yeah Joshua doesn't like to fight women but still attack if he needs to, so you'd think you'd be able to recruit him with any female character regardless if he attacks.

Ah good, as long as I know if I'm going to the Dark Side first I'll love that meter (even though I know some don't like that kind of "help"). I'm very interested to see what the Dark Side ending is so it pretty much prompted to me to try that one first. Definitely gonna start my playthrough tonight.
    Trainer Gabriel
    Trainer Gabriel
    Okay, I guess that makes sense now - by anime standards, anyway. I see, so supports just allow for chats between two characters and... possible marriage? I did not know that SS even had that function (yet another mechanic in SS that Awakening would later feature -_-). Yeah, and it's not so much the fact that I couldn't recruit Selena alone that I'm disappointed, but for development-related reasons for her character that made me wish I could recruit her. I could understand Selena's reasons for doing what she did, after hearing her story, and believed that she deserved a second chance for redemption and to see the truth of the matter for herself... before I had to kill her. :/

Glad I could be of help there! It will also help that the game will tell you that you have earned points toward either the Light Side or the Dark Side when you select a dialogue choice that shifts your alignment toward either side. And yeah, I guess doing the Dark Side path first sounds like a good plan to me, if you're planning to play both paths back-to-back.

In case you log in here again to see this profile post before you start the game, I do have one tip for you to consider: when you create your character, there are three starting classes to choose from - Soldier, Scout, Scoundrel. The Soldier, being the most combat-heavy class of the three, would likely be the best starting choice, for being the toughest and most straight-forward. If you do choose that class, you'll want to start by pumping the most attribute points into your Strength and Constitution, followed by Dexterity, to make the most of the class. On the other hand, if you do plan to work towards a Dark Side character, I'd be inclined to say, due to a slight spoiler-related second class you will later choose to become, a Scout or Scoundrel would technically be a better combination for the second class that I would recommend for a DS character, for reasons we can get discuss when you get to that point. I hope I'm making sense here to you; I'm just trying not to give too much away (or maybe you already have an idea of what that second class is about). If you already start before reading this, then let me know what class you chose. Maybe you'll want pointers about the skill-related mechanics before you decide to create your character, anyway.

Well, I hope you have fun with the game, and that it runs adequately enough on your monitor to enjoy. :)
    You know I kept meaning to say this when I saw you elsewhere but ah well. Give me your Switch friend code. I mean you know if you wanna.
    I haven’t had the chance to properly say this until now, but it’s nice to see another Tear Ring Saga fan on here (I believe at least since you knew who my previous avatar was in the avatar thread lol ). If it’s not a bother to ask, what is it that you like about the series?
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    I like the fact that it's pretty much a spiritual sequel/successor to the Fire Emblem games, kinda sad that it later didn't become the next direct FE game though as it was intended, but it still having a connection to it in a way is still nice. I like TearRing Saga though mainly cause it is FE on PlayStation, so it having the very similar gameplay to FE is a major plus for me (and it being the creation of Kaga himself is great).

Another thing I'm sad about is the cancelled TearRing Saga 2 game, it would have been cool to have followed Sennet's route since he is my favorite character (though iirc Richard was also considered for this too I believe). But at least they made Berwick Saga to make up for it, even if it takes place 1000 years later lol. Another game was also cancelled for the series as well, I think this was gonna be based on a character from Utna Heroes. It kinda disappoints me that TearRing didn't get as much popularity though, we could've had more games besides the two we have.

Though I am hoping to get Vestaria Saga when it does get it's English translation release (surprisingly!) this year, so maybe if this game does well we can get more and it won't die out like TearRing Saga.
    Reactions: Ana
    Ana
    Ana
    Yeah, it's such a shame that TearRing Saga 2 got cancelled and that we only got two games out of it as I think it's a very neat series after all. I'm in the same boat; I like how they have a connection to Fire Emblem and that Kaga is responsible for their creation. The gameplay is enjoyable and the OST is also solid. Overall, pretty much Playstation Fire Emblem as you say, heh. And not to mention that the character designs are done by the Fire Emblem artist (the name escapes me at the moment) who did Thracia's. Here's hoping Vestaria Saga doesn't suffer the same fate and ends up doing well!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…