• Snowy takes a train out of Hammerlocke Watch here as he battles his way toward Wyndon.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.

Recent content by techitisJ

1. techitisJ

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Finally got around to watching the new trailer (I moved yesterday). Gosh that trailer has me kinda hype. Like, I would have loved to see some of the returning Pokemon or even new forms, but it was nice to see more of the GMax starters in battle. Seeing Kubfu in game actually helps me like it a...
  2. techitisJ

What video games are you playing now?

Animal Crossing New Horizons Besides the occasional stopping to pack because moving, I have basically been playing this game non-stop since Thursday night. I love my little Island home and have to decorate it with little patches of flowers and now that I have the upgraded Resident Services...
  3. techitisJ

Post your current Ctrl+V (v2)

Thank you for reading!
  4. techitisJ

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Not working on any of my fics right now because Animal Crossing has taken control of my life plz send help. But, I have been writing these cute little journal entries on what I complete in a day on my Island in New Horizons, so I guess there's that. I wrote about 2000 words in the first 3 days.
  5. techitisJ

REVIEW: TW03: Buddy

It was a very cute episode. It didn't grab my attention as much as the last two, but it was certainly adorable. The main characters so far through this series have felt very real and fleshed out, despite being on-screen for just a few minutes. Hop is no exception to this (with even less screen...
  6. techitisJ

What are your favourite places to visit in the main series videogames

My all-time favorite place to visit in the Pokemon World is the Lake of Rage in the Johto games. The first time I saw it the lake and surrounding trees just gave me the vibe of the spot I had grown up vacationing in over the summer; I enjoyed navigating the mazes of trees and enjoying the view...
  7. techitisJ

Briefly planned a possible idea for a one-shot or short story to write to celebrate a novella I wrote 5 years ago. Usually, I don't celebrate my works like this, but this novella solidified my writing style and showed me a possible direction I want to take my writing in the future.
  8. techitisJ

SwSh What are You Excited for in the SwSh Expansion Packs (Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra)

I really think they would be missing out if they didn't do at least one or two Gen 4 regional variants. Since it seems pretty likely this gen will feature the Sinnoh remakes, it would be really cool to have a game where they have a brand new look, and then a game where you can get the original...
  9. techitisJ

Your Nuzlocke Story

I've started a few, but have never gone through and finished them. I do have a Sword nuzlocke going right now that I plan to pick back up with soon. My first nuzlocke was actually my most memorable though. I was playing SoulSilver and I decided to do a Wedlocke (variation of the nuzlocke where...
  10. techitisJ

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

While I haven't done it recently, there have been a couple of instances in the past where I have developed OCs for fanfiction and later turned their stories into original works. These days when I write fanfiction I usually focus on the characters already in the series (unless it's a series that...
  11. techitisJ

I've been itching to do some personal writing every time I have to do assignments for my fiction writing class or other homework, so I decided to write this weekend, of course when I'm not inspired to work on any of my current personal projects. So instead I just wrote a cute fluffy scene...
  12. techitisJ

SwSh What are You Excited for in the SwSh Expansion Packs (Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra)

I'm looking forward to having these new areas to explore! I have to admit even with how much I love Galar, it's been feeling a little bit cramped lately and having some more places to run around and see the world is going to be awesome. And also being able to meet new regional variants while...
  13. techitisJ

REVIEW: M22: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution

Pikachu and the other Pokemon crying still drove me to tears even with that terrible CGI. I decided to skim around the movie to watch a few scenes. I'll admit that while I still hate the look of the movie, the backgrounds do actually look good, and I even somewhat got used to the look of the...
  14. techitisJ

Clothing options you'd like to see in future games

Oh wow where to start? SwSh specific clothing wants More clothes for warmer days and clothes for cooler days. Things like short sleeves, tank tops, and sandals for warm weather, and heavy coats and high boots for cooler ones. (With the DLC packs coming this year, I could see them releasing...
  15. techitisJ

Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

I think the earliest we could see Gen 9 is 2023. With 2020 looking to have no main series release with the DLC packs, Sinnoh remakes in 2021, and either another break year or another Let's Go game (which doesn't seem too in the realm of possibility right now at least). This would give Gen 8...