• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
T
Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I particularly hate any speculation about the Team Flare story suddenly becoming compelling when its very concept is so messed up.
    Game Freak are not going to release a Z version as the only game in the series' "momentous year", as per Masuda's own words. He previously acknowledged that a Z version wouldn't have been good enough for 2014, after all. While an XYZ season may "scream" a Z version for most people, it is marketing lunacy to announce the season before the corresponding game, let alone start it.

Still expecting an eShop app for this year.
    Yep. Quite a lot of them would be perfectly content with a Z version... That's just pathetic.
    Mario's 30th anniversary is a bigger deal than the 25th one was. If anything, I think anniversary celebrations will just get bigger every 5 years. For a big franchise, it's basically impossible to exhaust the nostalgia potential in a year.
    ----------
    Of course, at the same time, I'm also thinking up ways that this project might connect with the next entry in the main series Pokémon games. 2016 marks the 20th year since Pokémon was born. It's going to be a very meaningful year for me, and I am really excited to be able to participate in this project. I hope everyone will also be excited for Pokémon GO.
    ----------
    When he said this, a timeline was shown with just the initial versions of every generation to date.
    If CoroCoro reveals the Zygarde form(s) without any game context, and the situation doesn't change by next month, I am not going to take that as a bad sign. I find the idea of TPCi taking months to confirm predictable games whose version mascots are already known, to be quite ridiculous.

A story-driven app is the most logical option, but failing that, I can see Zygarde getting its story told as part of a new generation without making it the version mascot. This theory of mine is outdated, but the general idea of a new region tying some loose ends from all previous generations would still be appropriate for an anniversary game, rather than just a typical new generation. The post-game could include visits to a select few locations from the previous regions, which among other things, would allow for Zygarde to get an event in Kalos without that region being the focus. It would be quite different than Kanto's inclusion in Generation II, but arguably more nostalgic if done for all regions in one way or another. DLC/Amiibo might be involved depending on Game Freak's generosity or lack thereof.
    There's going to be an Adventure-related announcement on the 21st. I hope that it involves Adventure 02, seeing as Iori and Ken are my favorites.
    The in-game text implies that evolution was re-activated as a result of the Rayquaza event.
    ----------
    At some point in the dungeons, currently unknown, your Pokémon can Awaken. This gives them a lot more power. If the Pokémon is capable of Mega Evolution, then it will Mega Evolve, changing its type and ability.
    ----------
    It seems to be a mental thing. I wish Game Freak had done something like this instead of making us collect Mega Stones and bother with covoluted theories as to where they came from.
    ----------
    I could see a giant energy beam doing that, but where would Mega Evolution from the MD world specifically come from?
    ----------
    I don't know, but Chunsoft clearly came up with something regardless of any tie-in to the main series.

----------
    To the Pokémon inhabitants in Mystery Dungeon, evolution seems to be a new concept to them as well, as it is unheard of by the characters until Rayquaza has stopped the meteor, so in other words evolution is impossible before you have beaten the first half of the game and seen the credits roll. After this, a part of the shattered meteor has fallen into the Whishcash Pond north of the Pokémon Square and created the Light Cave.
    ----------
    Perhaps that meteor had something to do with the main series world? I don't get how evolved Pokémon existed before this event, though. Maybe Chunsoft are the wrong people to explain how any evolution came to be.
    Could the Mystery Dungeon world be the real source of Mega Evolution? Perhaps AZ's ultimate weapon triggered an interaction between the two worlds.
    ----------
    The evolution mechanics in Digimon is a bit more specific so there's probably going to be a bit of grinding
    ----------
    It shouldn't be much if I don't have to bother with enhancing stats, and thus only have to worry about getting five members to Adult level and just one to Perfect level.
    In terms of stats:

Greymon=GeoGreymon=Veedramon=XV-mon=Growlmon<Fladramon<AeroVeedramon=MetalGreymon=RizeGreymon=WarGrowlmon<Paildramon<WarGreymon=ShineGreymon<Imperialdramon Dragon Mode<UlforceVeedramon=Magnamon=Gallantmon<Imperialdramon Paladin Mode=Omegamon

ShineGreymon Burst Mode and Gallantmon Crimson Mode aren't in Cyber Sleuth, so I don't know what their stats are. The same total as Omegamon?
    There is nothing in the text dump, but I did find this:

----------
    There’s no Fairy-type Gym in Hoenn, eh? Maybe I’ll sure-enough go ahead and make one! Before Miss Valerie even gets here!
    ----------
    ----------
    I meant against higher stage opponents.
    ----------
    I guess that the opponents (in story mode at least) don't have enhanced stats, so I could make my Adult-level Digimon Perfect-level relatively speaking. I'd rather just focus on the story if I can do so without grinding, though.

----------
    There are people in that camp that think XY takes place in the same universe as the original time line
    ----------
    I am not talking about those people because they're either uninformed or haven't thought things through. But the fans in the more informed camp aren't much better since they're fine with the idea of XY being completely isolated, regardless of their references to other regions. Game Freak implied that AZ's war was the cause of Mega Evolution's existence in Hoenn for a reason.

----------
    The fit between XY and ORAS does require fans taking liberty,
    ----------
    I don't really care about excusing Sycamore or his aids' dialogue, honestly. It's easy enough to disregard those details and imagine how they would be corrected. There is zero mystery here.

Did ORAS have any references to the discovery of the Fairy type?
    ----------
    Lower stage Digimon could definitely overpower higher stage ones though in DWDS
    ----------
    So whatever stat boosts they could get weren't carried over to their evolutions?

----------
    Its even more illogical given that ORAS has firmly established (along with BW/B2W2) that every single version is its own canonical universe, meaning that Z will never overwrite XY, and the only way for it to be overwritten is for another game that takes place in the same universe changes it (i.e., a different set of games).
    ----------
    I guess that they don't think ORAS overwrote a few XY details, but rather that they created yet another universe in addition to isolating XY from the older games. So they basically want a Z version so that everything can make sense between Hoenn and Kalos, while XY are rendered completely irrelevant to any other game. That's what the "retcon=new timeline" mindset can be reduced to if you don't apply common sense.
    I don't know about the DS games, but here's the deal about enhancing stats in Cyber Sleuth:

"Enhanced stats are displayed in brackets to the right of the regular stats. These stats have a limit that depends on the Digimon's Talent value. The more Talent a Digimon has, the more Enhanced Stats they accumulate from Special Training or items. The maximum enhanced stats gain for a Digimon with max Talent is 100 stats. You can distribute these as you see fit through training.

Talent maxes at 100 and can be raised through Evolution and Devolution. To maximize Talent gain, it is recommended to evolve/devolve at the max attainable level. At level 99, you get around 12 Talent points when you evolve and 21–24 Talent points when you devolve."

So it seems that once you maximize Talent (is Potential the localized term?), there is no competitive reason not to evolve again, and these enhanced stats are basically the same as EVs. But let's look at level 99 raw stats for the Agumon line. To calculate the stat total, I divided HP by 10 to make it comparable to the other stats.

Agumon
    HP 1620 SP 98
    ATK 195 INT 93
    DEF 162 SPD 135
    Total: 845

Greymon
    HP 1820 SP 113
    ATK 212 INT 103
    DEF 177 SPD 153
    Total: 940

MetalGreymon
    HP 2120 SP 123
    ATK 232 INT 119
    DEF 207 SPD 162
    Total: 1055

WarGreymon
    HP 2220 SP 137
    ATK 257 INT 138
    DEF 222 SPD 189
    Total: 1165

Omegamon
    HP 2270 SP 143
    ATK 272 INT 173
    DEF 227 SPD 193
    Total: 1235

Enhancing Agumon's stats can only make it comparable to an unboosted Greymon.
    I think he just wants to pretend that Mega Evolution occurs outside of battle or that the first turn is inconsequential.

On an unrelated note, I've seen a lot of people say that XY should get a third version simply because the "inconsistencies with ORAS need to be fixed." Talk about misplaced priorities. Are fans so OCD that they can't ignore a few references? The way Mega Evolution was handled at first essentially boils down to gameplay and story segregation. It's a shame that Sycamore can't be taken seriously, but so what? In Game Freak's defense, I think it would have been weird to be introduced to Mega Evolution as in ORAS, but now we already get the picture.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom