T
Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I'll follow your suggestion. Thanks.

He doesn't understand why it would ruin balance, probably because he just wants Mega Evolution to be as close as possible to regular evolution and fails to consider the advantages of having two movesets to choose from in a given battle. If I were you, I'd give him a succinct explanation and call it a day, or you'll be repeating yourself forever.
    I ordered a Playstation TV since it's pretty cheap these days and there are three upcoming Vita games that interest me (without counting Zero Escape 3, which will also have a 3DS version). One of these games is Cyber Sleuth; I'm planning to use Lillimon, Wizarmon, Tailmon, Aquilamon, Kyubimon and Fladramon. I'm aware that none of these are fully evolved, but I don't want to ruin their appeal (I might occasionally use Silphymon, though) and I trust that the game won't be that hard.

There aren't a lot of evolved Digimon I like, if to be honest.
    hey just a quick question, what do you mean when you said "given what nintendo try to do with lets plays" are they harsh on them or something with the copyright?

I see quite a few that have been up for years, I was thinking of starting the same if i could figure out how
    ----------
    Story-wise, the game is intriguing enough even though not much has happened yet. It's good that there are only six legendaries and at least five of them are said to be connected. I'm a bit surprised that the two rivals haven't shown up much, considering that they gave me a vibe of Cheren and Bianca (despite having completely different personalities). Those two could use a lot of character development to break their stereotypes.

The only glaring problem with the demo is the lag in the overworld, but the Game Booster program largely fixes this at least for me. Other than that, the first two gyms are quite challenging - arguably too much so. But I'm all in favor of a challenge as long as grinding isn't the only way around it (I did have to grind a bit for the first gym).

Here's hoping that the game will be updated on a continuous basis until the final release (in early 2017?). It's really nice that ambitious fans can keep the 2D Pokémon world alive and fresh. I'd say that the official 3D games have quite the competition as far as quality is concerned.
    ----------
    I posted a blog entry today, but it got deleted since discussion of fan games is suddenly against the rules.

----------
    My last blog entry, from 8 months ago, was about a fan game called Pokémon Sage, which is still in development (and will probably stay that way for at least two years). That game has sadly not been updated much since late 2013, but at least it now includes following Pokémon and there should be a more substantial update in a few months. What I want to talk about today is a fan game called Ethereal Gates, whose first demo was released last week. You can read about the game and download the demo here. In fact, you owe it to yourself to do so.

The graphics, music and new Pokémon are really impressive. The battles are highly reminiscent of the Generation V style (with the animated sprites and moving camera), but the sprites aren't pixelated at all. The overworld feels very unique; the two towns and two cities available in the demo are very memorable, which is more than I can say for most regions out there (including the official ones). But above all, I'm really happy with the Pokémon; designing 200+ of them is one thing, but actually making me want to catch a chunk of the critters I encounter is a veritable feat. I'm really happy with the team I assembled even prior to the second gym; I haven't enjoyed new Pokémon this much since Generation II. I hope that the evolutions, which I haven't seen yet, continue to impress me.
    ----------
    I've noticed that the Super Mystery Dungeon screenshots and footage showcase a lot of legendaries, but none from Kalos (with the exception of Hoopa, which barely counts). The tree from the boxart alludes to Xerneas and the mention of petrification hints at Yveltal, but they're being mysterious about them. I wonder if they're deliberately hiding something about Zygarde, as well. With its form(s) being revealed next month, it would be pretty forced not do anything with them in Super Mystery Dungeon just for the sake of the main series.

Rayquaza had a big role in the first Mystery Dungeon pair, as did Kyurem in the last game. But those games were released after Emerald and B2W2, respectively. Time and Darkness were released before Platinum and so Giratina's role was practically nonexistent, to the point where even the third version couldn't do anything with it. It will be interesting to see the extent of Zygarde's presence in SMD.
    I also dislike the Malva hype. It would be really bad writing if she ended up being the new Team Flare leader after Looker and Calem/Serena let her off the hook. It's annoying to see people construing her role in Act IV as foreshadowing a future game as if she weren't already an Elite Four member in XY with an established tie to Lysandre. We don't even know that the anime is going to do anything with her beyond a single battle (which Siebold also got).

Not only that, but the Mega Evolution specials tie into Lysandre's XY story, despite all the differences. Nothing even happened with Team Plasma in the anime before B2W2, but there is already enough build-up for a loose adaptation of the XY climax. Just because Zygarde is involved doesn't mean that sequels are coming.

If we get an app, I hope that it explores Kalos' past and has nothing to do with Team Flare.
    B2W2-like games will be a very different experience from what we've usually gotten as long as 50 new Pokémon are involved? I guess it's a matter of opinion, but that prediction reeks of wishful thinking and goes to show how desperate Game Freak would have to be to stick to Kalos. Why tease a faraway region instead of southern Kalos? To be surprising (more like deliberately misleading)? Then why put Zygarde and Volcanion in XY if they were meant to star in games with brand new Pokémon?

I wonder if this guy expects every generation from now on to introduce 120+ Pokémon and 70+ Mega Evolutions. The funny thing is that he initially said that expanding the Pokédex in the tail end of a generation wouldn't make sense. He must have changed his mind because he realized that there isn't much substance to his sequel ideas.

And for heaven's sake, a single battle facility (that lacks the PWT's fanservice factor) and a bunch of leftover old locations without a story do not a satisfying post-game make. Rhyhorn racing sounds awfully minimalistic, too.
    I'm wondering if Detective Pikachu will end up being released for the NX as a launch title. The first half of 2016 has enough releases as far as Europe is concerned, and a new generation is more than enough for the second half. The game was originally going to be released in 2015, so there should be a good reason for the delay. I'm all in favor of the Generation VII spin-off games being NX-exclusive.
    Yes. When they said that Ishihara was coming on stage, I was immediately reminded of his saying that Pokkén should be a third VGC competition.
    ----------
    Compared to the other series, none of the main characters got shafted in terms of their usefulness,
    ----------
    But the writers introduced a bloated cast of recurring characters who either got shafted or felt out of place. The way Jeri was handled is particularly annoying.
    Digimon Tamers' plot... isn't that good in my opinion. What did you like about it? The last 10 episodes were honestly a bit of a chore to watch.
    That isn't what she meant if you read her other posts. She's also treating it as a done deal.
    Yes, Zygarde getting a main series game rather than DLC would be completely unprecedented and fresh. Totally comparable to the Generation V shifts.
    Don't you think it would be unfair to make fans buy a Wii U in its last year just for one game? I'd much rather that Game Freak and TPCi consider the fans first rather than Nintendo.
    If anything, their primary goal was to allow popular Pokémon (especially three-stage ones) to evolve further without being rendered obsolete. Masuda basically said as much.
    I also think it's important to remember that Game Freak and TPCi don't necessarily have Nintendo's best interest at heart, as evidenced by the former prioritizing other digital platforms over the eShop for their side game, and the latter supporting an arcade game in a pretty big way. Compared to that, sticking to the 3DS is pretty tame.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom