Recent content by The Veteran Professor

1. T

Review XY094: Z's Explosive Birth! What Lurks in Kalos!!

The new opening is godlike awesome. Love the scene with Ash and his Greninja, seems to be foreshadowing a conflict between the both of them. As for the episode itself, it was awesome as well. It's good to finally see Team Flare, not sure why they thought battling a 50% Zygarde with a bunch of...
  2. T

Which Pokémon region would you live in?

I'm more towards nature compared to cities and such, so it's a tie between Johto and Hoenn. Johto because from the looks of it, a big part of it is basically forests, with the only big city being Goldenrod. Plus, the region is full of myths and legends, though Sinnoh definitely feels more...
  3. T

Why didn't the writers give Ash a Lucario?

Infernape was Ash's main Fighting-type Pokemon in the Sinnoh saga, though with him catching 2 Flying types and 3 Ground types in that region, it's not a really valid argument. Still, there's no real way of giving Ash a Lucario without pushing Infernape out of the limelight, so I think it's for...
  4. T

Arceus parents

God made a mistake when he was trying to make llamas, fusing the being with godlike powers, creating Arceus. Therefore, God threw Arceus into an alternate universe to prevent chaos and Arceus did its own thing in the new universe because he has god powers, he's lonely and he has nothing else to...
  5. T

Which of Ash's older Pokemon dserve Redemption?

Getting taken out immediately after using Synthesis is one of the most embarrassing moments in the anime ever. So yeah, Torterra is the most prioritized Pokemon at the moment to receive redemption. Heck, I'd rather Ash bring Torterra back instead of Sceptile in the XYZ season, assuming he's...
  6. T

Do Showcases Bother You?

It's ironic that the announcer for this female-only competition is a man. Anyway, based on the facts given, Pokemon Contests are IMO better than Pokemon Showcases at the moment. The showcases are definitely lackluster in several ways, such as the lack of tension and suspense, as mentioned by...
  7. T

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

IIRC, Ash used to have both Charizard and Pidgeot in his party in the original series until he released Pidgeot. He also had both Staraptor and Gliscor in his party at certain points in the Sinnoh saga (such as during his last few battles with Paul). Besides Flying types, though, I can't recall...
  8. T

What would you like to see in future games.

I totally agree on just about everything u said vulcan, except for number 6. I like it when Pokemon gain new forms (that doesn't mean that i hate new pokemon). New Pokemon forms make it much more interesting, kind of like the complex Digivolutions in Digimon. The Pokemon with forms that I love...
  9. T

Blue Dragon's Art Shop

Thanks!
  10. T

Why do Pokemon lay eggs?

Well, the most reasonable reason was that to not contaminate the minds of little children. It's rated E, not E+10 or M. Kids has much more things to think about such as training, battling and attending contests. In our country, the concept of giving birth was already taught as early as 9 years...
  11. T

Move-of-the-Week Discussion #39: Aura Sphere

Well, Aura Sphere is better in terms of power and accuracy compared to moves with the same amount of PP, like Sonicboom. It is definitely better than the powerful but inaccurate Focus Blast as it grabs a sure hit with decent power in return for a good amount of PP. Ghost Pokemon could learn this...
  12. T

Pokemon you keep forgetting exist

There are a few that i less remember, but the one that i just keep forgetting exist is Chimecho in R/S/E. All i think that exist at Mt Pyre are Vulpix, Duskull and Shuppet. But when I learned about Chimecho being able to be found there, I searched for 30 minutes but no success. Until now, I just...
  13. T

Your first legendary pokemon you caught

Articuno in Leafgreen. I was just exploring the Seafoam Islands when suddenly I saw a bird. I don't know what it was, so I saved and started capturing it. HP is red, asleep, and I tried to catch it with my Ultra Ball, but it got out! I was like,"Oh god, what is this stupid bird, GOD?" After many...
  14. T

The "If Pokémon Were Real" Thread

For those of you who think that if Pokemon were real, the world will be in chaos, think again. Digimon are much more stronger than Pokemon. Even a MetalGreymon can easily take out Rayquaza with ease. The anime is made in the REAL WORLD, instead of an altered Earth full of Pokemon. The...
  15. T

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: The In-Game Team Review Thread So I'm kind'of reconsidering whether or not should I restart my Pokemon Platinum. This is so far my team before facing the Canalave gym leader. 1. DotA (Torterra), LV.39, female -Cut -Curse -Mega Drain -Earthquake 2. Falkner (Staraptor), LV.37, male -Defog...
Back
Top Bottom