T
Local time
10:38 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I'm good, I just wanted to say hi actually since I've seen you around the workshop.
    I've seen Kanokon, but I don't remember it being like that... Maybe I'm getting the manga mixed up with the anime or something.

Yeah, Pokemon's pretty messed up. Some people legitimately have a problem with it, though, which is what bothers me. Though this is from a satire site, it's pretty much indicative of how some people feel.

----------
    Earlier this week at Landover's Wednesday evening service, children's pastor Marty Richards told 714 kids ages 2 through 10 that Pokemon is evil and was sent to this planet under direct orders from Satan himself.

To drive home his point, Richards burned Pokemon trading cards and video games with a blowtorch and skewered 14 plastic Pokemon action figures with a 40 inch broad sword. Richards then held the sword with all 14 pierced Pokemon figures over a charcoal grill. Richards' 5-year-old son tore the limbs and head off a Pokemon doll and spit on the dismembered carcass.

During the demonstration, the children chanted: "Burn it. Burn it,'' and "Chop it up. Chop it up.'' "Kill them All!"
    ----------
    And then there's this stuff. I guess Pokemon's just one of those things where you really have to take context and purpose into account.
    Oh, I love Baka to Test and Midori no Hibi. Midori Days is still one of my favourite manga ever. Was never really a fan of P&S, though. Didn't particularly like the art style, for one thing, though I heard lots of people liked it, so. And yeah, some anime are notable for taking the weirdest concepts ever and playing them completely straight. There's one airing this season about girls who are actually personified assault rifles, but that looks really creepy because they're in middle school and it's so heavily sexualised as to be disturbing.
    Eh, her hair's weird in that picture, so it's fine. Yeah, I really liked Ben-To, just for the sheer silliness of the concept (fighting over discount lunchboxes? Come on) and how seriously they took it.
    My profile picture is Hatsune Miku of Vocaloid, and my avatar is Yarizui Sen from an anime called Ben-To! that aired recently. She's known as the Ice Witch, or Hyōketsu no Majo, hence the usertitle.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom