Recent content by TheLlama

1. T

TEEN: The Clandestine, Book 1: SAYA (Chapter II)

Will probably please you then, to know that the third chapter will be up sometime during the next week ;) Thanks for the feedback, good to know that the plot threads I'm tossing about intrigues, and that the length isn't off-putting.
  2. T

What if a story is one long dream sequence?

The only proper way to do this is to hint very strongly at it being a dream, so it doesn't come as a shock at the end - that doesn't really make sense and rarely contributes to the story. Overall I think dream stories make the most sense when they're a part of a larger whole, or something. Of...
  3. T

Thanks :D Very curious about those mistakes in the first chapter because I reread it a thousand times and had, as you pointed out, two betas ;P I very much appreciate your offer to betaread, and will take up on that. Note that updates will still come at an irregular basis, but this is highly...
  4. T

Re: The Clandestine, Book 1: SAYA The Clandestine, Book 1: SAYA Chapter II * I get upIt's dark I look around There's a strip of light The room is ever-changing Falling through the void Yet it settles in my mind Beckoning me For here is God Who? * [mira;]battle The...
  5. T

Pokemon: Wild Creatures, People like us or perhaps both

I treat most pokemon as creatures of lower sentience. The ability to understand language does not necessarily imply sentience, and in many cases I prefer to keep their understanding on a simple basis (think pavlov; they associate certain words with certain actions and understand this). Most...
  6. T

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Carlotta is more of a Latin name (i.e. Italian/Spanish), just keep that in mind, but sure.
  7. T

I'll survive :P Have survived much worse in my life XD
  8. T

105 is borderline, but completely fine as I only have a flu. Had it at 107 for a few days back when I had mono, was fine even then. So long as I remember to take paracetamol I'll do fine.
  9. T

Well, I've been polishing the map of my fakeregion, and written a bit on my fic, so I'm pretty much good. But I'm getting a bit stressed by the fact that I posted the previous (and first) chapter a month ago; I need to get around to writing more! But right now I have a fever of 40 degrees...
  10. T

Woop-de-doo, congrats, uA! You really deserved to ace it! What subject(s) did your exam cover? (also, 2000th post in the chat thread. We're awesome)
  11. T

Huzzah, I've got the flu. In June. Two days before Norway's biggest anime convention. Feels good.
  12. T

How do you do "Titles"?

Gotpika; I quoted your example And the definition was my opinion, but it wasn't that far removed from the actual definition of a pun: From the Oxford Dictionary: The "trust" example isn't a pun because it isn't a play on the word "trust". It merely alludes to the irony of two friends who...
  13. T

The magic number

In my universe people carry any number of pokemon with them, and battles of more than 6v6 often take place. International tournaments and battles for the title of Champion are examples of battles that take a larger format; typically 10v10 or 12v12 (with breaks at the halfway stage). Gym battle...
  14. T

How do you do "Titles"?

By your definition here, yes, a darker fic can have puns. Heck, most titles could be considered puns then. But, see, I don't consider it a pun unless it's amusing, or funny. Your example here, while possible a play on words, isn't straightforward amusing or funny, and thus, to me, not a pun. Nor...
  15. T

How do you do "Titles"?

Pun titles makes me facepalm, unless the story itself is comedy or satire. I generally disapprove of titles directly and openly stating whatever the chapter/episode is all about in the way that the anime (in its Japanese iteration) often stoops to... and sometimes I even wonder why we bother...
Back
Top Bottom