thestarjar
Local time
11:25 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Still, reaching out is reaching out. I'd say the same to Alex, but his channel has literally nothing, and no subscribers to show for it...I think. I don't know.

Wow, really? I wasn't expecting that. Anyway, I'm fine with you handling it. It just makes more sense, anyway.

I suppose so. And becoming aware, in that respect, would be a good step to combating the sensation, even if it's not completely eradicable.

Now, if I may, a random thought I had: would you mind having that Weavile from before as part of the Onyx delegation at the meeting? He seems like the sort who'd be chosen to play a role in negotiations, especially considering how apparently close he is to the mayor of Onyx.
    I'm sure we'll work something out. We could post the casting call on both of our channels, and include an advert for the collab channel as part of it (as in, coming soon on *this* channel, or something). That way, we reap the benefits of both all of my subscribers, and all of yours, since you have about 30, most of whom probably won't have subscribed to me. But, like I said, we'll get something to work.

As for the recording, don't worry about it. If you can't get it prepared by this weekend, that's not an issue. If you can't find a 3DS to use, then we'll probably just not do the AC-hangout thing until you've got that sorted out, since Alex and I actually just had a brief session earlier this evening, and I gave him all of the stuff I was going to. In any case, there's no rush. With regards to actually recording, there is one thing I could try, but I doubt it would work: I happened upon a "male-to-male" headphone adapter, meaning I could theoretically plug my computer's headphone socket into its microphone socket, but I really don't think that would work. But I could still try.

Don't worry about it. Oh-- that reminds me, I saw one post on your tumblr that sounded very much like the world from my point of view. I feel less alone knowing that that is a thing. And for that, I thank you.
    I don't mind; we could leave the collab channel just for gaming and our weekly chats and whatnot, or we could include Island Life, with a footnote at the start/end of each episode, labelling it as "A Lively Planet Production". I mean, we could do that anyway and still put it on my channel. I'm very much thinking as I'm typing here.
    Brilliant. Anyway, it's 3AM where I am, so I should really get to bed, much as it pains me to have to go when now is one of those rare occasions when both you and Alex are both online for an extended period of time. So, if we're doing a collab channel, I'll leave setting it up, whenever you choose to do that, in your capable hands.

Random thought: will that be where we post the Island Life thing, or will that still be on my channel?
    All I found with that name is this, but it clearly says they can't think of any content, so we're good, I think.
    I like the sound of "Lucky Planet", though it does sound a bit breakfast cereal-ish. Then again, doesn't everything?
    Perhaps "Lively Planet" is the way to go. ...Or "Legendary Planet"?
    Well, either. If we can find a suitable-- perhaps better-- adjective, it would avoid any awkwardness of accusations. Likely or not that we'd try to rip off a publishing company, the people of the Internet do love a good scandal. I'd advise erring on the side of caution. We might come off better for it, anyway.
    (Honestly, though, I only used the name Geraint because I couldn't think of anything else; my Animal Crossing guy and That Guy are very much two different people, and are in no way inter-representative. Yay, legal disclaimers. The same goes for the name of my Animal Crossing town, but since you're not familiar with the town it's named after, I needn't go into that.)

...Well, I'm sure we can just find another adjective beginning with L. That ought to be enough.
    Of course. While I'd like to be represented by That Guy, the guy (canonical real name Geraint Cypress Sr.), it wouldn't work out too well, considering Alex's is a pony.

Also, he said he's fine with Lonely Planet.
    Of course! And-- of course.

Already, I'm letting my imagination run a little wild with channel art and whatnot. I can kind of imagine a team portrait of each of us, though not quite us, if you know what I mean. Like, slightly exaggerated versions of us. With little badges or something with our national flags on. Or something.
    It kind of works. I think Alex's was marginally better (mostly because it doesn't call taxes to mind), but we're on the right lines, I think.

...Lonely Planet? It works quite a bit, I think. It has LP as its initials, plus these conversations, and, indeed, co-op LPs, if and when they happen, would take place in a 'world', if you will, populated by just the three of us-- relatively lonely, wouldn't you say, especially with our in-jokes?-- and it was the name of the admittedly-terrible song that represented Armenia in my beloved Eurovision Song Contest (it's a European thing) in 2013.
    I'm not really sure. Alex suggested 'The BulbaGamers', which I think is pretty good, but it doesn't seem 100% 'there' to me. I don't know. It's better than what I suggested, at any rate.
    Well, I already have two channels, and I thought maybe a collab one would be a little much, especially since yours and Alex's don't have much in the way of content (granted, neither do mine, but they have a confirmed and constant influx of stuff). However, if you think it's a good idea, I'll support it. I was just saying to Alex-- as I'm sure you've seen already-- we might need a group name, like TRG do, especially since, unless I'm quite wrong, we all aspire to LP to whatever degree. If we were all able to do that, then a collab channel would be an excellent idea, and since that's very much possible, it might be a good idea to start sooner rather than later. Okay.

AND I KNOW YOU MEAN IT BECAUSE IT'S NOT IN THE TUMBLR SARCASM TYPEFACE!
    If you're confident in it, I see no reason why not. Considering you'd be filming it and recording it, I assume you'd be editing it as well? Because then it would only be fair to say that, if you so choose, you could post the outcome on your channel, as opposed to mine or Alex's.
    Speaking of, I don't think we clarified in the Skype-call, but we'll be meeting in Alex's New Leaf town next week, and I'll be bringing a surplus of fruit. And fabulosity. Mustn't forget the fabulosity.
    Okay. If you're able to, you're more than welcome to try. And as for visuals...how would we record that?
    I don't know. Somehow, I don't think we can just approach these people who animate for the big names and request that they animate for us.
    This is true. I don't even know if I have software that could record it, though. But I was thinking, while we were talking, that some of what we said would translate well to animation, like the ones you see for The Runaway Guys or Josh and Tyler's 'versus' channel.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom