thestarjar
Local time
4:18 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Alex is sorting it. I'm having some problems with the audio, so I'll just be a moment.
    I'm just about ready now; I'm just waiting for Alex. And I'm wholly expecting this to go wrong, because I worry about everything.
    I guess so.

Alright. I'll just be a moment, because I need to sort out a thing, but I'll be right there.
    Not to brag, but as well as actively studying spoken English (the current course demands a closer look at what is referred to as Black Vernacular English-- the British version of Ebonics), I'm studying Spanish, German and Japanese, and I've dabbled in Russian, Swedish and Italian in the past. Plus I've inadvertently picked up bits of Dutch and Catalan; I don't know how that happened. So languages are kind of my thing. And yet they're ending up playing second fiddle to what I'll be studying at university starting this autumn, which, to me, is a bit of a shame. You know how bad I can get when I think something like that is my own fault. After all, I had to choose between what I'm good at and makes me moderately happy, and something that makes me truly happy.

Then again, I think it was the Dalai Lama that said that if you have a career that you enjoy, you never have to 'work' a day in your life, so...I shut the voices inside my head up with that.
    It seems a bit of a first-world problem for me to be complaining about, but I'm still a bit upset about it.
    Huh. What I was thinking of doing was enrolling in a course while I'm at university (or thereafter), since I kind of want to learn Dutch, as well (because, at the moment, I can only say random phrases like "I am also not a mushroom", yet I somehow knew enough to converse with a Flemish TV broadcaster earlier this year...long story) but I may well try this. Thanks!
    Okay. I understand; I went on a similar exchange for German in 2010.
    The British education system. I don't know how much you'd know about it, but, at the end of 'year 9' (our technical tenth year of education; at age 14/15 or thereabouts), we have to take so-called 'options' to determine which subjects we'll study at GCSE-level, the first qualification one gets from school, not counting the general SATs at the end of year 6. There are some restrictions on it, meaning we can only actually choose four subjects; the rest are forced upon us. I had chosen to continue with German, Latin and ICT, and take up Spanish, and requested to continue with French in place of the otherwise-compulsory Religious Studies, which I wanted to reject on the grounds that the history of Christianity and Islam (as was the curriculum) was completely irrelevant to my career aspirations, but my request was declined, and I was forced to sit the exam anyway, meaning that I couldn't take French at college, so I can't study it now.

...Wow, that turned out as much more of a rant than I'd expected...Sorry.
    What region of France? I know it sounds a bit creeper-ish, but from where I am, it's supposedly viable to do a "weekend-break" in France. I wouldn't want to intrude, of course, but the possibility is there.
    I have been lamenting, recently, that I had to stop studying French. But that's a different story.
    If it were to happen, it would probably be on your side of the Atlantic, just because that would minimise the total travelling distance. But that's just me letting my imagination run wild. What would be slightly more viable-- if only by a small margin-- would be if we were to all go on holiday to the same place at the same time. Again, just a flight of fancy-- no pun intended.
    Lovely. Last time I Skyped him, his camera wasn't working, and I don't know if that's changed or not, so that's a thing, but that aside, it'll be nice to talk with you and him. It'll be the closest thing we'll get to actually meeting up (which would be nice, but impractical. One day, perhaps).
    His Skype-name is connor.mcintosh1, and his profile picture is a selfie. A tasteful selfie, but a selfie nonetheless. Hat, moustache, white jacket. I'm probably going into too much detail.
    I think I've found you. The screen name's the same, and the profile picture is one of a black cat. Am I even remotely right?
    Okay. I've only used Skype before, and I think Alex is the same, but I'll let him know. And I guess, by whatever means, we ought to independently come up with some kind of rough list of things to talk about, or something like that, since, the last time I tried this with Alex, we ended up having a 20-minute Skype-call, 10 to 15 minutes of which was awkward silence.
    Alex said he'd be free on Saturday, and I'll just make time whenever's convenient for you and him. Saturday is a particularly good day for me, though, so it should be workable. As for how we do it, which would be more preferable to you, Skype or Google+?
    Hey, Alex and I have been thinking about doing some kind of Skype/Google+ call-thing so the three of us can get properly acquainted. Would you be at all available for that?
    Well, she used to have a sword that looked like an red Master Sword, but nowadays she wields a laser sword that looks like her old sword (with an orange blade).
    The hair's straight, and she wears the same clothes as Wes did in Izzy's art of him.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom