• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Time Breaker
Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Why hello there, Mister Breaker, I have a question for you, since I think you're as good a person to ask as any: I have a... friend who's interested in Dragon Ball after seeing some gameplay of that Dragon Ball fighting game and would like to get into the series, and I was hoping you'd have some recomendations for a decent starting point. So... any suggestions?
    Reactions: Time Breaker
    Wispy Willow
    Wispy Willow
    ...Though, on the note of you getting me into something you rather like, how 'bout I return the favour and pester you about Etrian Odyssey a bit, since EOV came out kinda-but not-really recently. :p
    Time Breaker
    Time Breaker
    Oh yea, I never told you I got EOIV for Christmas... but I've hardly played it since, because y'know laziness ;3 I should probably get on that sometime.
    Wispy Willow
    Wispy Willow
    Aw, if I'd thought to bring it up then I could've recomended V, since the ability to personalise your party in that game is a bit higher then that of other games in the series, even if I'm not really a fan of how they handled the skill trees.

In any case, let me know how you find IV when you do get around to playing it - or don't, up to you. :p
    I'm rather happy in the dub of Super Goku Black's voice has toned down from being so deep like in XV2, to sounded much closer to regular Goku's voice like the Japanese version.
    Time Breaker
    Time Breaker
    I haven't heard it yet myself, but what a relief! I was worried that he was keeping that random accent for both forms... but I guess that'd be better than switching in Rosé!

If the dub itself adds as many jokes and Americanisms to Zamasu (as a whole) as Xenoverse, I don't think I'll be taking the dub seriously anymore, lol.
    Reactions: Ebail
    Ebail
    Ebail
    I'm sure it won't. I mean Xenoverse seemed to just be a test run for these characters in the dub before we knew much about them. Like Hit being completely different between Xenoverse and the anime (to the point where he even got a new VA in the anime) so I'm sure there's some hope for Zamasu yet.
    I mean at least in Xenoverse 2 now we'll finally be able to become SSB. I'm glad because it finally helps fill the power gap from a logic standpoint of how now you can beat some characters.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Haha and besides after almost a year and a half of being out I doubt they'll care about balance. Maybe an eventual XV3 could fix those issues.
    Time Breaker
    Time Breaker
    Some of the big Dragon Ball YouTubers (namely SeeReax and Rhymestyle) actually gave Xenoverse's producers a long, detailed list of things in the game that need to be adjusted/fixed (apparently even showing them pictures and footage in person), so I have a little bit of hope that the balance and netcode will finally start seeing change soon...

But most of me knows that Dimps doesn't really care and probably nothing will happen :p
    Ebail
    Ebail
    I'm sure nothing will happen either since they stated before 2 even came out that they planned to make a 3rd game so I assume it'll just run based off of the same stuff as 2 had and no fixes haha. Still if they do make a third I hope for more transformations! Even if it's only one or two I'd enjoy a power stressed Super Saiyan form, or give Frieza race a 100% power form so they have a form for strikes,and then one for Ki in Golden.
    Noooooo >____< I thought it would go on.
    Time Breaker
    Time Breaker
    It's still a couple months away, yet I already feel kinda empty without it... );

Still, the series will live on with the new movie, the video games, and whatever comes next! DRAGON BALL WILL NEVER DIIIIIIEEE!!!
    Neo Blaze
    Neo Blaze
    True, true. I hope it's just a temporary break and the series will continue next year or something. But I fear for the worst :/ Oh well.
    Time Breaker
    Time Breaker
    It seems safe to assume that Super itself will end with episode 131 on March 25th (there'll be two more breaks before then). For convenience's sake, here's Herms' tweet summarizing everything: twitter.com/Herms98/status/954155784757166081?s=17

"A) Super's current timeslot will definitely be taken by another show after March B) At least one staff member says Super's ending then C) Fuji TV apparently said this won't be the end for DB on TV, but future plans don't seem set in stone D) No word about the manga."
    Neo Blaze
    Neo Blaze
    I swear, Dragon Ball Super is my favourite 25 minutes of the week :D they turned the epicness to infinity.
    Time Breaker
    Time Breaker
    It really is something amazing. These last couple episodes of U7 vs U11 have been incredible! I seriously can't wait for UI Gokū vs Jiren round 2!
    Neo Blaze
    Neo Blaze
    The most recent episode, when Goku used the Destructo Disc to fool Jiren on that rock :O that was epic. Goku using Krillin's strategy.

I can't wait for Goku to go Migatte no Gokui again against Jiren.
    Out of curiosity, have you kept up with the news of Dragon Ball FighterZ at all? I'm wondering because there's a really cool easter egg I think you might like when you perform Beerus' Level 3, God of Destruction's Punishment.
    TouyaShiro
    TouyaShiro
    I think the kicker for that particular one is that it ONLY happens on Goku Black, specifically because Beerus used it on Present Zamasu in the timeline.

I wonder just how much a Dragon Ball fan the director of the game, Hiroki, is...
    Time Breaker
    Time Breaker
    I recall hearing how the Z-era characters' combos and movesets are taken straight from the manga, so I think they did a LOT of research to fill in everything! Even if he wasn't a big fan before, I'd be surprised if he wasn't now, that's for sure.
    TouyaShiro
    TouyaShiro
    Pretty much EVERYONE has that distinction. Poses and moves adapted for use in a fighting game setting, taken from both the manga and the anime - and also mixing elements of various techniques that they used in various eras, or traits. Majin Buu, for example, is one of the Z-Fighters right now but he's classified as a "villain" in the game's promotional material. Android 18, despite primarily basing her moveset off of both the present and future versions of herself and Android 17, also has the influence of her later years where she's married to Krillin (seen in the Accel Dance super where he replaces 17 if he's still alive on the team when activated - something that first appeared in Budokai 3, apparently, when you used it with her Buu Saga attire in that game). Goku himself seems primarily based on stuff you see in around the Frieza Saga and Cell Games Saga, but also incorporates the Buu Saga's SSJ3 in his Level 3.

Also, two things - Hiroki's a she (I forget her full name), and I'm damn sure that all the Super characters have been given that same love. Only time will tell if they'll add movie, Dragon Ball or even GT characters as DLC down the line (considering the roster is pretty much finalised now that they've released the opening movie).
    Well... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) From My End!
    Time Breaker
    Time Breaker
    I haven't watched them in years, but as it stands right now, there aren't any that I personally dislike. I will be rewatching ALL of them someday, though, so I'll have clearer opinions by then. :3
    Darth Darkrai
    Darth Darkrai
    Oh Ok I see. Hope U can ReWatch them all at Somepoint. Going to Last Jedi either in the Next Half Hour/30 Minutes or Hour
    Darth Darkrai
    Darth Darkrai
    Saw Last Jedi Again, and it was GREAT!!! :) I Caught MANY STUFF I DIDN'T SEE the First Time!!! :)
    Oh SWEET!! :) Let Me know your Thoughts. :)
    Darth Darkrai
    Darth Darkrai
    YES! U can See Kylo Ren FIGHTING Between the Light and Dark Side. That I Liked Seeing. He was More Relatable This Time IMO. And Poe... yep, him Given More Screentime was GREAT! :) And it's Safe to Say, he's the New Han Solo of this Trilogy! :)
    Time Breaker
    Time Breaker
    I'll be unspecific so I don't spoil anything for those passing by, but... only a few characters from the original trilogy left!
    Darth Darkrai
    Darth Darkrai
    Yep! R.I.P. Certain Characters. We'll See what Happens in the Next Film with a few Characters...
    Who's that an Avatar of? :) Beautiful Looking. :) XD
    Time Breaker
    Time Breaker
    I haven't finished it myself because I'm lazy, but it is a pretty good game! I'm sure gameplay trailers and the like would tell you whether you'd like it. :)
    Darth Darkrai
    Darth Darkrai
    I See, Thanks, for the Info there. :)

Any Idea when U'll be Seeing Last Jedi Yet? Or still too busy to Go See it?
    Time Breaker
    Time Breaker
    I'll be seeing it today, actually! Leaving to do so in half an hour, give or take.
    Darth Darkrai
    Darth Darkrai
    Yep! I’m Gonna See it Again Soon. Need Anothet Viewing to Determine where I Rank this with the Other Star Wars Films.
    Time Breaker
    Time Breaker
    I loved Episode VII, so I'm sure this one will be good for me ;p
    Darth Darkrai
    Darth Darkrai
    I'm Sure too. There is A LOT of Stuff that Works, while there's some Stuff that Either Underwhelms, or Doesn't Work, but it's Mostly Positive with what I have to Say About this Film. :)
    Darth Darkrai
    Darth Darkrai
    I Saw it Last Night! :) Give it an A! But as I WARNED Changeling, PREPARE FOR A MASSIVE SLOW BURN!! 2 AND A HALF HOURS!! It's 2 Hours and 32 Minutes! It's VERY SLOW PACED, so if U're a Person Who isn't the Biggest Fan of Slow Movies... THIS IS YOUR WARNING LOL!
    Time Breaker
    Time Breaker
    Thanks for the warning. I've gotten used to slower pacing from watching Naruto, so I should be fine. :3
    Darth Darkrai
    Darth Darkrai
    Yep! No Prob. It's a VERY SLOW BURN, but a GREAT Film still. I Told Changeling my Standout Characters, NO SPOILERS, just saying Who Stood Out IMO.: Rey, Luke, Poe, Hux, Kylo, and Snoke.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom