• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Recent content by venusboi79

1. venusboi79

Which starter will you choose?

I’ll probably go with Turtwig; I’m partial to Grass types. However, a small part of me wants to go with Chimchar. Mainly because I’d like to have a Garchomp on my team, and I don’t want two Ground types.
  2. venusboi79

Game Corner

I’d be willing to bet money (heh) that they won’t do this; but I’d love to see some of the older mini games from BW Dream World or XY Amie replace the slots or Voltorb Flip. Have a NPC mention that it used to be a shady place, but they turned it into a fun arcade that everyone can enjoy. And...
  3. venusboi79

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

First of all, indie games have the “unknown” factor. For every Stardew Valley, there’s 400 barely polished cow patties, and several dozen other games in between. It’s rare that you’ll find one close to the same pricing as an entry in an established, popular franchise. For good reason...
  4. venusboi79

What are you Excited for in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl

It’s been over a decade, and I’m still scarred by the slow save times and dialogue boxes. I’ll go to save in BW or ORAS and be shocked that it saves almost immediately.
  5. venusboi79

While I’m willing to admit I’m wrong once more details come out; I’m positive that the term “faithful recreation” was used to assure viewers that this won’t be something like LGPE (or the new Legends game for that matter). What that means exactly is still up in the air. But I know that many...
  6. venusboi79

Which is most likely why that screenshot gets tossed up so frequently; much like the screenshot of that poor, maligned tree in SWSH. With little to no context in actual gameplay, it reinforces the poster’s vendetta against lazy, greedy GF who are just capitalizing off of stupid sheeple who will...
  7. venusboi79

What are you Excited for in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl

Definitely the Underground. I loved popping down whenever I needed a little break from the story or from grinding. When Ranch launched, I had so many fossils that they served as the primary filler to hit the 999 goal for Mew. I’m also looking forward to re-experiencing the region with fresh...
  8. venusboi79

Pokemon Legends: Arceus Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

I’m so hyped for this game; I’m not usually a huge fan of completely open-world games (my sense of direction in real life is horrible, and that’s without a camera spinning around combined with random battles). But even in its unpolished state, it looks amazing. I think what I’m most excited for...
  9. venusboi79

I actually like the overworld models a bit better, tbh; while I would have preferred SWSH models for the whole game, there’s a certain toyetic quality to the overworld sprites that suits the franchise and its history. And yes; I’m sure there are several new elements that we haven’t been shown...
  10. venusboi79

Exactly. Personally, I had a tendency to trade in games/systems when new ones came out to help lessen the financial blow. This game came out what, 15 years ago? Good luck just walking into your local game store and finding a copy that isn’t marked up 2-3 times its original selling price, if they...
  11. venusboi79

The attitude that Go players (or mobile game players in general) are just a group of easily distracted casuals who need to constantly be monitored lest they accidentally swallow a toy truck is pretty silly. Especially in a franchise like Pokémon (which has always had a certain stigma of being a...
  12. venusboi79

Your controversial opinions

We’ve had “kiddie edge” since Kanto; Lavender Town was pretty blunt about death in the Pokémon world. In Johto we had child abandonment issues (both Silver on a personal level, and the Team Rocket admins on a somewhat more meta level). RSE fumbled it a bit, but the concept of nature vs. human...
  13. venusboi79

Weakest type?

I’ve actually been using a lot of Bug types in recent games (well, at least half Bug type). Centiscorch has rarely left my main party in SWSH, Scoliopede has been used for most of a Unova playthrough, and Armaldo was a powerhouse in my last ORAS playthrough. It’s still one of the weakest types...
  14. venusboi79

What’s the least fun play through you’ve had?

For me, it’s a toss-up between Sun and my original playthrough of Emerald; but if I had to choose just one, it would be Sun. Some of it was how different it was, along with all the cut-scenes (and the tropical setting is not one of my faves). But some of it had nothing to do with the games...
  15. venusboi79

Your controversial opinions

For me personally, it’s less that it’s cute (although I found the whole line adorable) and more due to the lore about the healing/purifying power of it’s scent. I also feel that it’s one of the weakest starters (and I still almost always choose it when it’s an option), that could be a little...