• ME has two Legendary encounters this week. Watch them here and here.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Recent content by venusboi79

1. venusboi79

Spoilers Latest Wild Area Max Raids

Yeah; I managed to invite a team of three to a 5 star battle a couple days ago. And then tried hosting for a couple others, but eventually had to take them down on my own. Yesterday I came across a 5 star Shiny Zeraora, couldn’t find anyone to join and got creamed after bringing it’s health...
  2. venusboi79

Spoilers Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

I’m pretty sure its meant to be a nod to the classic sci-fi movie “It Came From Outer Space”. Especially since the aliens in that movie are sort of jellyfish looking, as is Nihilego.
  3. venusboi79

Me either, but a lot of people do; I’ve seen many comments, both here and on other forums/Reddit who want the majority of Max Raids to be like the Mewtwo event. Same goes for lot of the Nuzlock challenges. Unless you have a twitch channel or something, the only real reward is bragging rights...
  4. venusboi79

I haven’t come across one yet (I was on IoA yesterday, and seemed to be getting mostly Chancey); but I imagine they want it to be somewhat easy since there’s a promotion attached to it.
  5. venusboi79

SwSh All Purpose Trade Services! (Gen VIII)

I have a Rash Reuniclus with Overcoat in a Dive Ball (male, lvl 60). If you still need a trade, let me know; out of your available list, I’d be interested in Turtonator or Moonball Dreepy.
  6. venusboi79

Ah, ok. I’m cool with that. I do have both bugs (Karrablast and Shelmet). I need both for my Shield ‘dex. Let me add you to my friend list.
  7. venusboi79

Changes/Additions you would make in an update to SwSh

I’ve been doing a replay of Kalos the last week or so; not only do I miss PSS as a function in general, but the game is constantly asking me if I want to use it. Yes, bitch, I do want to use it. But now it’s offline forever, so quit reminding me that for half a generation, we had a convenient...
  8. venusboi79

Thanks for the offer, but I’d prefer to do trade for trade, not attempt to exploit a glitch to get them :)
  9. venusboi79

What will happen right after the Isle or Armor and the Crown Tundra original release?

But only one generation with a “gimmick” has had a remake following the initial pair. Not that patterns are reliable with this franchise anyway, but there’s not even a pattern here yet.
  10. venusboi79

Looking to trade a Shelmet and a Karrablast for my ‘dex in SWSH. I’m not particular on natures, levels, etc. as long as they’re legit. They’ll just be ‘dex fillers for me; if you want yours back after the evolution process, let me know beforehand. FC is 2309-6941-6404. Thanks in advance!!!
  11. venusboi79

I don’t do that much multi-player tbh. My bff and I occasionally do some den runs and I sometimes join in on raids with randoms. But most of the time I do dens on my own.
  12. venusboi79

What will happen right after the Isle or Armor and the Crown Tundra original release?

It’s not a bad comparison; a lot of the Animal Crossing updates are limited time events, just like the Max Raid dens that change weekly. Granted, there are a ton of big updates in AC, while we only know of two major ones in SWSH. But both game franchises are frequently doing updates that...
  13. venusboi79

Ehh, that’s how some people play. Not me; I suspect I have some type of (undiagnosed) ADHD. Even games like Animal Crossing lose their charms after a month or so, until my interest is rekindled. But I have friends who can easily clock that amount of time in a game, especially if there’s an...
  14. venusboi79

What?! No. While I’m enjoying the raid, it’s still frustrating; you pretty much have to have a four live trainers (no NPCs), and either set up the raid outside of the game or hope that the other three have a moveset that compliments yours as well as being effective against whichever version of...
  15. venusboi79

Pokemon Home

Hmm. That’s annoying then. I’ll have to look for Gengar; I haven’t come across it yet, but the Wild Area still surprises me with the level of diversity. As for the starters, I’ve never had a problem in previous games. I’d pop one up and get another within the hour. I am seeing a lot of requests...