Recent content by VibuzeSG

1. V

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Hey Dogasu, great comparisons as usual! However, as a nit-picky copy editor and English major, as awkward as Ursula's sentence is in DP 175, she's technically right. Because "I" follows a linking verb, "is," it's a subject compliment, and thus subjective. Nobody talks like that, yeah, but...
  2. V

Samuel L. Jackson Signs 9-Picture Deal with Marvel

Yeah, wasn't there controversy that he might not be returning? Definitely glad to see he will. At this point, after the Ultimate series and Iron Man, I can't see anyone else playing Fury.
  3. V

Pokemon: The Tabletop RPG?

I would definitely buy a Pokemon Tabletop RPG...once again though, assuming I could find others with whom I could play...as that's always my problem. If you don't mind me asking, how exactly would those classes differ in a tabletop setting?
  4. V

What is your favorite running gag in the anime?

I'm sort of a sucker for running gags in general, so I like almost all of them... My favorite is still Brock though, but I'm kinda against the majority here because I liked it better when Misty and Max used to pull his ear. I just don't think it's the same since Croagunk can't talk--I miss...
  5. V

What hacked pokemon have you got of GTS?

Seedot really can't learn any Grass moves...even in Platinum, Synthesis is his only level-up Grass move, and that's at 21. He's also easily available at Level 3, as he appears on Route 102 in Ruby/Emerald, where Pokemon are low level, and also hatches from eggs in D/P/Pt at Level 1. It's very...
  6. V

Regigigas to be given away in U.S. in March: Toys 'R' Us giving away another Pokémon

Re: Regigigas to be given away in U.S. in March: Toys 'R' Us giving away another Poké Well, it's certainly not Platinum exclusive, as the event starts three weeks before the game's US release. ^_^ Anyway, the Regigigas' special ability to access the old Regis is a Platinum exclusive...
  7. V

Pokemon that got very little screentime in the anime

It might be an obvious statement, but Kricketot is the first Pokemon to come to mind. The guy never had a proper intro, and pretty much just appeared in the background of two episodes.
  8. V

Changes in the anime that you just hate

Team Rocket always had a weird way of talking, but I feel like in the newer English episodes, they speak entirely in alliteration and rhyme, to the point that it's often hard to understand them. Maybe it's just me, but that's bothersome. Otherwise, the thing that I hate is the decreased...
  9. V

Who is the most powerful Elite Four trainer in Sinnoh?

Of course, if they go with Flint's Pt team in the anime, he's no more varied than any of the others (and Aaron actually would wind up having the most varied teams if all the Pt ones are used, as he has one Pokemon who isn't Bug-type).
  10. V

Weakest pokemon you ever raised

Back in middle school, I was convinced the reason people didn't use Spinda, Plusle, Minun, Castform, Keckleon, etc. was just because they didn't like them. I therefore assumed that if I made a team out of Pokemon like those, I would be unstoppable because none of my friends would "know how to...
  11. V

Cresselia Is Driving Me Up The Wall...Any Tips On Obtaining It?

Actually, Dugtrio won't trap Cresselia, as her Ability is Levitate. Arena Trap won't trap Pokemon that are Flying-type or have that Ability, so Wobbuffet and Wynaut are your only choices (aside from Block, Mean Look, and Spider Web).
  12. V

Review S11 EP42: Doc Brock!

It really caught me off-guard in this episode when Dawn called Ash by his full name, Ash Ketchum. I've missed a few episodes this season, but I thought they'd basically changed it just to "Ash from Pallet Town" around the same time as they dropped "Gotta Catch 'em All!" as the tagline...
  13. V

Whats Your Birthday Pokemon?

August 10 is... Corsola. Woo. I can't say I'm very fond of Corsola.
  14. V

What was your first Pokemon episode you ever watched?

It was "The Kangaskhan Kid." I hated it. I don't really remember why I hated it (or why I continued to watch the program if I hated the first episode so much), but I do remember really enjoying the "Kanga-Kanga-Kangaskhan!" noise Tommy kept making.
  15. V

Pokemon you find interesting

The best answer is that its Japanese name, Barrierd, doesn't specify a gender. When Mr. Mime's English name was created, there were no specified genders, so it didn't matter. And they certainly weren't going to change the name of a well-established character when GSC came out. Though that cry...
Back
Top Bottom