Recent content by Vraell

1. V

Bad Pokemon movepools.

Glaceon, one of my favorite pokemon in the game held back by the lack of any decent stat boosting moves. Nasty Plot would be godly on a Glaceon.
  2. V

Black 2 or White 2, which is for you?

How many are planning on buying Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Looking at the game, I admit, I am somewhat tempted after looking at some of the new places you can explore, but from the original Black and White, I don't really find enough there to warrant stepping up to Black and white 2. The...
  3. V

What updates do you want in the current battling system?

Moves like Gust and Twister should carry that effect. Very few Pokemon I actually like carry Rapid Spin. (Sandslash > Excadrill :P)
  4. V

Do you have a favorite Pokemon on your team?

Glaceon, with a little support becomes a very deadly dragon killer. Baton Pass some speed boosts, and get hail allows Glaceon to wreck overused dragons, and Hidden Power (I think either ground or rock) helps cover some weaknesses. A particular favorite strategy of mine as of late though is...
  5. V

Did you ever use the special balls? (Heal balls, Luxuray Balls...etc etc...)

I mostly use Ultras and Dusks, though I start using Timer Balls as well in lengthy battles. With Pokemon I intend for use in my team though, I tend to be more picky in which poke'balls are used, simply for the design.
  6. V

Should a new weather be added in Gen VI?

If Hail gave a defense/sp. defense boost, maybe Glaceon would see some use as well. Combined with Snow Cloak, it would be interesting. Acid Rain could be setup so any non-poison pokemon receive damage each turn, but poison types get some recovery. You could even have a toxic-like effect for...
  7. V

Should a new weather be added in Gen VI?

We could have a fog where stat modifiers are negated (a la Haze + Mist) as opposed to reduced accuracy on both sides. Though such a move needs to be more readily available than haze. In addition, an exception needs to be added for moves such as Overheat, otherwise, they'd be abused to no end if...
  8. V

Should there be alternate type versions of Stealth Rock?

My biggest gripe with Stealth Rock isn't the typing thing, but the potential damage it can deal just for a single turn of set-up (a whopping 25% of your HP for being weak to rock, 50% for double weakness). In my opinion, the risk/reward is pretty unbalanced here. However, I think if the damage...
  9. V

Which was your first game?

Pokemon Red was the first I had. An interesting story is that on my gameboy color, the entire top half of the display failed, but I thought it a good idea to check out the seafoam islands anyway. Lo and behold, I somehow managed to find and catch the Articuno. Anywho, I don't quite remember...
  10. V

Your Opinion On "Cheaters"

I don't really mind cheats too much depending. In Gen IV, I would use the AR for all the TMs as it's near unfeasible to get a reliable supply of certain ones, in addition, I also use cheats to obtain event items, and finally, a friend traded me an Arcanine (one of my fav Pokemon) that is as good...
  11. V

Why does Vine Whip have so low PP?

Back in 1st gen, the Grass starter was very powerful for mowing through the first few gyms. The 1st two gyms were weak to Grass, and the next one was resisted by Grass, so Gamefreak probably cut down PP as an attempt to balance the in-game advantage.
  12. V

Pokémon 3D: Is it feasible?: What next for the video game series?

If a 3d pokemon game were to be made for the 3DS, random encounters will likely stay. Reason being is the processor not being strong enough to handle much more than a few objects at the same time. If they were to attempt to do so anyway, animations will have to be cut down significantly. The 3DS...
  13. V

BW Wi-Fi battle rules to change: Dark Void to be banned

If my opinion matters, I would be in favor of banning it simply for the risk/reward. One turn of setup to get 25% + on types weak to rock is simply too much. If the damage was nerfed so that types weak to rock only receive 17.5$ and 25% (double weakness), then I think we'd have a reasonable...
  14. V

What is your least favourite elemental type?

I wish Glaceon got something that boosted speed in Hail at least, and Haxorus I think gets a fighting move or two, or at least I would hope so.
  15. V

Wanted: Moody Bidoof/Bibarrel

A Larvitar can be done. There a time you want to do the trade? I should be available after 10:00 PM PCT.
Back
Top Bottom