• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
WatcherMark
Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Ahh nice! :D where you working at the moment? Im in a nursery currently, been very busy, though glad not to be on apprentice wage anymore -_-
    WatcherMark
    WatcherMark
    I'm working in a supermarket at the moment... not my ideal job by far, but it's just nice to be working at the moment. Hoping for something better to come along soon. A nursery sounds fun, how long have you been there for?

Also, do you have Twitter by any chance?
    Medusa Gorgon
    Medusa Gorgon
    I do indeed, been there for a year and a bit now :) I do,, and facebook too! :D ahh I hear that, took me ages to get a job :(
    WatcherMark
    WatcherMark
    If you want to follow me on Twitter, I'm at @WatcherMark (I use that name on pretty much everything actually).

Yeah, it took me two years to find a job and by that point I was desperate to find anything. Jobhunting is no fun at all.
    good thank you, stressed, but that's work for ya xD what have you been up to?
    WatcherMark
    WatcherMark
    Same here, working loads recently (what with Christmas coming up) but just been to a con last weekend so that was a good bit of stress relief.
    Hi! We have several similarities: We both live sort of near each other, I joined exactly 8 years after you, and neither of us have many trophy points! ;D
    So how did you end up liking how the dub handled Squishy leaving? I remember you saying you liked his English voice better (and for the record, so do I).
    WatcherMark
    WatcherMark
    It handled it just fine. I have no problem with the majority of the dub's writing since it mostly sticks close to the Japanese (Team Rocket aside). The music sucked as always though. And yeah, I stick by my opinion that Squishy sounds much better than Puni-Chan.
    Ryu Taylor
    Ryu Taylor
    I see.

Regarding the Team Flare arc in general, I tried something with it. Back in August and September, I watched that arc in Japanese as they were coming out brand-new, and just recently, I saw it dubbed. I did so mainly because a few of my pro-dub comments (here and on Twitter) were dismissed as being only because I "saw dub first", so I decided to put that strawman of theirs to the test. So, having watched it in both languages as their respective selves were premiering brand-new, here's what happened:

I STILL LIKED IT BETTER DUBBED.
    Did it really passed so much, can't believe it. I know im an lousy friend, sorry. :p
    Wanted to try to fix that and stop by for casual conversation. If its ok that is.

Any impressions about new XY anime. Excited about it?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom