Recent content by White Phoenix

1. W

Obsolete: The Japanese Language Help Thread

This is an unusual language problem to find a solution for since it is not actually a grammar or translation problem. So. I could probably guess, but that really doesn’t help me learn the correct usage now does it? In English, when we make an inventory of objects we follow the pattern: apple...
  2. W

Pokemon AR Searcher / "Pokémon Dream Radar"

If you insert a fresh SD card, you can re-download Dream Radar free. That means you can get another crack at the therian formed Kami Trio. You could try deleting the game from a computer, but I wouldn’t recommend it. It’s very dangerous. Tip for easily changing the color of your orb icon. When...
  3. W

The lexicon does not show definitions unless there is no true equivalent in the other language. It is a matter of expediency when you don’t know the language. Later on, while you are learning the language, a dictionary of that language is useful. Dictionaries are written completely in one...
  4. W

Actually, a lexicon is not for technical words. A lexicon is like a dictionary except that instead of giving the meanings of words it gives the translation of a word in another language. A good lexicon will have two sections. The first will be to translate language A into language B. The second...
  5. W

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good English←→Japanese lexicon? I need one that will be complete on both sides (unlike the one published by Random House). It can be romaji, kana, kanji or any combination.
  6. W

Yes, I understand, but until you have time to learn Japanese, you shouldn’t limit yourself. Mr. Masuda and Imakuni? respond to English tweets in English, but I suppose not everyone does. Use Google Translator if you need to, at least you will get the gist of what the person is saying. Who knows...
  7. W

I also think you should wait. Many professional people in Japan, Junichi Masuda for instance, understand English very well.
  8. W

“Yūmei” was suggested as a word for a basis for a name rather than as a name. Although you indicated that it can be used as a name. I really need to find a good Japanese lexicon, either offline or an actual book. I also noticed that one of my sentences didn’t get finished. I can’t remember...
  9. W

Language Assistance for Pokémon Terms in Japanese and Others

Now why would you move this to Video Games? The topic is related to using languages not video games.
  10. W

The suggestion “yūmei” seemed to inspire more names. The word “hiro-” is close in sound to the default of the main character’s name (hero) while “yū” is . I remembered I have a file for the gallery and perfect partners list with all of the names that are already taken. So I can choose a unique...
  11. W

Hello! Is anyone fluent enough in Japanese to tell me if there is a male Japanese name that would mean “renowned” or “famous”? I know that sometimes the Japanese make up their own, is it possible to do this? I don’t want just a Japanese spelling of my name, but an authentic Japanese name that...
  12. W

Language Help/Discussion/Advice Thread

Anything that contributed to the English language. 8-S Basically the Romance languages and German. Yeah, the German didn’t really take since I never had anyone to practice speaking with. About the only thing I remember is the first sentence I learned: Ich gehen durch den Park. I spent a lot of...
  13. W

Nuts. I didn’t mean to write that Nintendo uses both, but that they created the trademarked versions and that both exist. I will correct that. I am not sure if I follow you. I don’t know what Typing DS is, but I am guessing it might be a writing aid application? Well, it’s for any speaker who...
  14. W

Need Japanese Name for Pokémon Conquest

Hello! Is anyone fluent enough in Japanese to tell me if there is a male Japanese name that would mean “renowned” or “famous”? I know that sometimes the Japanese make up their own, is it possible to do this? I don’t want just a Japanese spelling of my name, but an authentic Japanese name that...
  15. W

I have noticed that some foreign language sites that used the English language versions of the games use the English spellings when creating lists such as pokédex entries, but use transliterations into their own alphabets for film titles. Does this apply to all other languages? Nintendo created...
Back
Top Bottom