winstein
Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Aghhh!! Sorry about this. >_<

Is Stantler still available? I think I'll be able to give some opinions about it.
    Sorry for the late reply...visiting family for Christmas cuts into my Pokemon time @_@

If you're still working on this I'd be glad to contribute, what kind of quotes do you need? I can talk about Miltank if she's still available, just let me know thanks!
    Gah, I'm sorry I'm just replying to this, hopefully I'm not too late!

As an early-route bird, Fletchling and its family gets the job done. It's a shame that Gale Wings Fletchling cannot be found normally in the main story, but even so its family's move pool, while not spectacular, does more than enough to prove the Tiny Robin Pokémon's worth on any team. Design-wise Fletchling finds a nice balance between portraying characteristics of a Normal- and Flying-type Pokémon, while also showing hints of its eventual type change to a Fire-type Pokémon when it evolves; its red coloring is strong, but not overbearing, which allows Fletchling to have a physical connection to its evolutionary brethren while displaying its elemental uniqueness in the family.

Lemme know if I should change anything, and I can't wait to see your reviews! :)
    If you're still looking for one, sure.

The Bidoof family have always been looked down upon: they're not very strong, they're annoying PokeChain breakers, have silly designs, and are often just used as the ultimate HM Slaves. A generic regional rodent mon that you just catch and never truly use as a Pokemon. But I believe that something that seems normal can have a lot of potential.
    Hiya! Sorry it took me a while to get this in - I've been busy with the holidays. That said, I've hope you've had a nice holiday season/month in general!

Here's what I have:

As the first two noticeable Pokémon to be based off of bears, Teddiursa and Ursaring add a simple yet great addition to GameFreak's universe. While Teddiursa is more often than not portrayed as a cute, snugly teddy bear, Ursaring is just the opposite in that it's portrayed as ferocious, glutinous, and antagonizing. As a fan-ficition author with some experience writing this line, I will say that the line has a unique move-pool for two Normal-type bears. With 16 out of 18 type moves under their belt, the bears boast a unique move-pool that defy their origins.

Hope this is okay! Let me know if you need me to say some more or even do another line! ^^
    Okay, here goes:

----------
    I think Ditto is one quirky Pokémon. It was designed as pretty much the only gimmick Pokémon in the first generation, being the only commonly available Pokémon that could Transform, and got tacked even more onto it in Generation II where it became the wildcard of the breeding world, and thus is truly unique in the Pokémon world. Normally I would write off its appearance as a really lazy design but in the context of its abilities it makes sense; an almost featureless blob of pink matter is more believable to be able to change shape at will than a more elaborately designed Pokémon would be. I could probably use Ditto in battle myself if they had more to it than the transforming mechanic, which often leaves me with movesets I don't really like to use, but they serve me well in the Day-Care.
    ----------
    Okay then, I'll try to write up my opinions on Ditto. Will follow up with another VM within 24 hours if that's fine?
    Hmm, what kind and length of quotes are you looking for? Guess I could be able to say at least something about some of them, but I don't have very in-depth opinions in general and the Normal type is especially awkward for me as I pretty much never use them, so my opinions might not be exactly useful :p Thanks for asking in any case and happy holidays!
    Sure, I'll do my best. I'll work on something later this afternoon.
    Lickylicky can abuse its decent stat spread and defensive typing to act as a special wall. While it is normally outclassed by Chansey, its unique movepool options like Knock Off and its Ability, Oblivious, grant it viability on teams that require a Chansey-like Pokémon that can beat stallbreakers that use Taunt, such as Gengar, Mew and Talonflame (since Oblivious grants Taunt immunity) as well as being more useful than Chansey against opposing stall thanks to Knock Off's utility. However, downsides such as lower overall bulk, being more susceptible to status as it lacks Natural Cure, and reliance on Wish + Protect instead of instant recovery like Soft-Boiled make it an inferior option most of the time.
    A quote? Sure.

While Lickylicky seems like a silly Pokémon, it is effective in OU on well built stall teams, as demonstrated in this Official Ladder Tour match by pro teambuilder Ben Gay. OU replay: lt1b ben gay vs. LT1A Updated Kanto - Pokémon Showdown
    OK, I'll try again.

Azuril is a cute, little Pokémon. I mean, how could you not smile at it's Gen VI's sprite animation? Design-wise, I like that it bounces on it's tail-ball-thing (not sure what it's really called, so excuse me for my poor description). It just adds to it's carefree nature, and loveable personality. Although its final evolution is the most useful out of the 3, one can't ignore how adorable it is. Go ahead, and make an entire party of them, and tell me if you can't smile!
    OK, sounds good. I never reviewed anything, so bare with me if I suck. Anyway, here I go...

Azuril: a cute Pokémon, but not very useful on its own. The only reason why someone would use it for battling would probably to troll someone, or just to get a few laughs. If you're adamant on using it, I'd suggest using it as a "cleaner-upper". In other words, after a better Pokémon has weakened your opponent, so you don't switch Azuril in, and get KO'ed. The moveset I'd give it is Return (for STAB), Knock Off (coverage), Waterfall (more coverage) and Iron Tail. You could use Double-Edge for a more heavy-hitting STAB attack, but with how frail it is, Return might be your best option. Since its speed is pathetic, having a teammate with Trick Room is almost required, because otherwise, you'd probably just be KO'ed, making Azuril's usefulness (whatever is there, anyway), null and void.

Azuril: a cute Pokémon, but an even better Pokémon to troll others with. At first glance, you might just pass on it. However, if the almost required conditions are met, Azuril's usefulness might just shock you.
    I noticed that you're asking others for reviews on the different types. I am just a casual fan, but maybe I can add my take on whatever type that's left to review. Sorry if I am being nosy, but I figured I'd help out, from one fan to another. :)
    No, not at all! Thank you for asking me; I feel quite honored, actually.

But hmm... The Normal-type has so many great Pokemon, it's hard to choose even just one of those to give my opinions on. I'll try the Teddiursa line, as I think that's the one I can give the most opinions on. If it's alright, may I get my quote to you in a bit?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom