winstein
Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• From the time you joined bmgf, I have been reading your posts in various threads- I find your posts with great detail and I enjoy reading them. Before your avatar change, the 'tone' if you will, of your posts suggest that you're a 'he.'
    Black text on purple isn't exactly the best colour scheme to use, but, hey, it's great otherwise.
    Let's take Blissey. Adding Psychic renders her neutral to Fighting moves. Sure she would be weak to Dark, but that really wouldn't matter when her biggest weakness is instantly rendered neutral which allows her to survive ridiculous shit like perhaps LO Ape's CC or something of that nature.
    I know you're talking about Mischievous Heart, I'm not stupid. :p I was a little bit hesitant at first but now that I know its distribution and what sorts of things get it, it's not terrible.
    Yes. Because even those can be abused. In fact, all of those can be handy to have except for Ice and maybe Rock...
    People suggesting things like having an ability that worked as a permanent Taunt, proposing broken moves or stats, and in one person's words "an item tht wuld duble blisseys defense". I can't think of more specific examples but yeah.
    The pig is a rip off of the monkey in terms of typing. The monkey is a rip off of Blaziken in this same respect. The pig is also a rip off design/inspiration wise of the monkey.
    From Bulbapedia: "Because it and its pre-evolutions were confirmed to have been oriental inspired, Enbuoo is more than likely based on Zhu Bajie, a pig demon who aids Sun Wukong (who happens to be the inspiration of Infernape), in Journey to the West."

The monkey was basically Blaziken with worse offenses and more speed (don't try to argue this one, they were clearly built to have the same play style), and the pig takes it's inspiration from THE SAME PLACE AS THE MONKEY. Reuse of inspiration over and over = rip off.
    Meh, I felt it was long overdue. Sure, Grass types need all the help they can get, but with abilities like Flash Fire, Water Absorb and Volt Absorb, it was just a matter of time. To be perfectly honest, I think the ability would have been great (downright amazing, I'd even venture to say) if they'd stuck it to only Grass type Pokemon like they did with the others. This forces the players who want to use Herbivore to pick up a Grass type, thus making the type more popular in general. Having non-Grass Pokemon get Herbivore though (even if it makes sense in context) is a big no. I don't so much hate the ability as the Pokemon that can laern it. On a side note, can you imagine how badass it would be if one of the Starters got it? Herbivore Venusaur or Sceptile would be brutal. Meganium would get an inmunity and become an even better wall, Torterra would lose many of it's counters (since a lot are Grass types) and boost it's attacak in the process. That would have been amazing.
    Oh, I'm excited over all the new Grass types. Especially the Grass/Steel Nattorei. Shikijika is adorable and it's evolution looks badass (too bad about their stats), the Grass/Fighting looks rather regal and Erufuun is amogst my favorites. Also, Petal Dance at 120BP is just awesome. Overall, I'm quite happy with the Grass type turnout this Gen, though I still wish we would have gotten a Grass/Dragon
    Yeah, I've read of them. Venusaur getting Clorophyll was kind of a letdown for me until I read that Ninetales gets Drought. Those two are going to be best friends now. With Perma sun as a viable threat in OU, Clorophyll Venusuar (arguably the best abuser in the game) will be knocking things down everywhere. Leaf Guard Meganium has her uses. Oh so much. Again, with Ninetales around, she'll be a supportive role to be reckoned with. Sceptile with Unburden? Because he wasn't fast enough. I see a SubPeteya set becoming common. Torterra was the real loser here. Can you say situational? I would have given him Hervivore to be honest. The real winner though was (ironically) Jaroda. Using Leaf Storms that get STRONGER every time he fires it off? Yes please. If only he had the offenses to actually be a threat, this ability could keep him a top tier OU instead of lingering in the UU/BL or bottom tier OU. The ability, while awesome, would have been put to better use with Sceptile/Venusaur, I think.
    Baton Passin would be nice, but I think Meganium would benefit more from it. What Jaroda really needs are coverage moves (that can take out Grass types first and foremost) and moves to boost it's mediocre offensive stats. Swords Dance/Nasty Plot would both be "in character" for it and give it a great move. On the defensive side, a recovery move that's not affected by Weather (ie. not Synthesis) would be a huge boon for it as it would boost it's staying power. As a defensive Pokemon, recovery and support moves is what it needs to have, yet it still has to distinguish itself enough from Meganium to not draw comparisons because she'll inevitably win those with her better bulk. Oh, and Grass/Steel would have been great for his defensive game.
    Jaroba is an interesting Pokemon. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't disappointed with him. He's certainly viable, but I believe he's the least viable of all the Grass Starters. He's not as bulky as Meganium, not as fast as Sceptile, doesn't have the useful second types of Venusaur and Torterra... Basically, to use Jaroba well, you have to stick to his strengths. He's a fast Substitute + Leech Seed user and should stick to that role. Anything else should probably be left to the other Starters. I'm interested in finding other uses for him though. Right now, color me unimpressed. I'd still choose him over the pig and Mijumaru in Isshu, but that's because they're underwhelming in their own right. Miju's probably the best, if I was to eliminate my bias.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom