WinterVines
Local time
6:52 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Main reason I put it up like I did was to actually give people time prepare for it; if something had been hammered out say two or three weeks ago, I'd have definitely waited until running things by a few more people. However, I didn't want to wait until like 1 day from March and then cut into the Contest time itself. Hopefully we can get other events planned a little earlier and have plenty of time to go over them. As it was there were all these ideas that people had but were only half-done or whatever, so we needed to get SOMETHING together lol. Otherwise people might start mobbing with torches and pitchforks.

Also you guys could have totally PMed me if you wanted to, I know Bee said he'd talked to Chainy about something but hadn't seen me on to talk about it. My work schedule is all over the place so there are stretches when I don't get on AIM for w/e reason. Don't worry about trying to reach me on AIM about stuff if you think it's important, just pester me over PM or s/t and that'll be cool.

~DoH
    Off the first one, but actually HAVING to use the ref calc seems a bit weird to me. Otherwise everyone will be restricted to using weaker moves like Tackle and such to ensure they don't accidentally KO something. It seems a bit better to give Rangers more flexibility in terms of calcing damage.

We really could increase the point requirement, regardless of if it was in previous contests or not. (Most) people are already used to having to put effort into their posts to ensure the best capture rate possible, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue and no one should raise a fuss over it.

For eggs, yeah if you don't reach the required point minimum for something on your list it won't get rolled. And I mean I might take Larvesta but I'd probably get something else lol. Mainly because I like to be an overachiever and write for ridiculously high-ranked Mon.

~DoH
    Added a note clarifying on all three forums.

As far as the Egg thing goes, it's basically just backup in case someone gets nothing but bad rolls (whether they're all sucky Commons or Rare/Specials that a person feels intimidated writing for). At any rate, it's still only 1 Mon a person gets to claim, and since most people have lower-ranked Mon like Horsea and Drilbur, I doubt we'll see everyone walk away with a Porygon or Rotom. And this is assuming they don't run into anything they want in the Contest itself. We COULD always bump the number of points needed for Rare/Specials and maybe Intermediate to something like 90+ and 75+ or something. TBH I never understood why originally the needed score for Rare/Special was so low.

~DoH
    The Prizes refers to 1/2/3 places prizes, not the Pokemon themselves. A person can still put a Pokemon up to be Judged even after the event ends, they just won't be in the running for the Contest's overall Prizes.

~DoH
    I know you've been busy, just don't forget to send for your BW Contest when you come on.

P.S.: How has having Chainy over been?
    Just beat the game! Voice Actors incoming? - Fire Emblem: Awakening Message Board for 3DS - GameFAQs
    Idk when he'll be on again, he already said he would trade her back.

Also I know, I saw that on r/Slender_Man @ Reddit x_____x. Why...just why...? Do people hold nothing sacred?! *Sobs in corner.*

~DoH
    Hey Winter! I think I'm gonna go for the Ranger test. Eventually, after I get my writing done for WWC, at least. >.>
    No problem!

Was just a little guilty since I didn't manage to offer much, or any advice, since I couldn't find anything to criticize or however more to improve such a great story. XD
    Hey, no worries. Don't feel you have to rush to get it done. I work the next two days, so other than hoping on for a few minutes before bed, I probably won't actually be on again until Thursday or Friday, which are my next days off.

~DoH
    Yeah, only been posting in mine because I didn't want what we came across so it was like two sentences lol.
    Still haven't had a chance to go online, do you want me to find you a new ranger?
    Should be good with either day, barring major net problems and stuff that normally wouldn't have to be listed here as they're assumed but meh.
    So I ask if you want a gym challenge, and then we fight first round in Gym Tourney.

Now I need to hopefully make the battle a good one. Except I don't like the fact that Krookodile and TTar exist on your team ._.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom