Recent content by Yash

1. Yash

Pokemon Horizons English Dub release date

Yeah, I just pulled up the most recent episode (26) on one of the (unofficial) streaming sites. It's the dubbed episode but with 100% Japanese OST, including the theme song and credits like you said. Swapping out the theme song is simple enough, but all the background music being the same...
  2. Yash

Review HZS024: Reunion at the Ancient Castle!

They almost certainly didn't want him playing Ryu/Rio again, lol. Not with that voice. He was heard voicing Amidamaru in an initial trailer, so maybe he was meant to return at first but couldn't do it? One-off recasts (as opposed to like, a full cast turnover like Dragon Ball Z mid-Frieza saga...
  3. Yash

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

I think the Korean dub - one of the only dubs based directly on the Japanese version rather than the English dub - has some of those same video edits, so that'd be a good way of cross-checking what's done on the production side and what was done by TPCI.
  4. Yash

The first batch of Horizons episodes (1-12) are on US Netflix now. Having watched the first two, can confirm a few edits that were exclusive to the BBC version Dogasu wrote his comparisons based off of: the title card for "The Pendant That Starts It All Part 1" has on-screen text now, it...
  5. Yash

Music *NEW, REVISED*- The How Much Original Japanese Soundtrack/Music/BGM/OST is Kept in the Pokemon Anime Dub Thread

Honestly the two big things that would help the replacement score (if they had to have one - the best option would simply be 100% retention with no filler/replacement music) would be if they used about as much silence as the Japanese version did and let Goldfarb do compositions and arrangements...
  6. Yash

Other anime dubs that mix the Japanese score with original music?

Zatch Bell did this on Toonami. The TV edited dub of Vision of Escaflowne that aired on Fox Kids (just titled Escaflowne) did this as well - I believe making it one of the few instances of a Saban production keeping any Japanese music, at the insistence of the license holders (imagine having...
  7. Yash

Where does Dawn's Piplup keep his Everstone?

I don't think they'd be allowed to show that in a children's television show.
  8. Yash

I mean, that can really be said for every anime, can't it? The Japanese license holders always have the power to put certain conditions on what liberties an American production company takes when dubbing one of their shows. Even back in the 60s the only reason the Speed Racer anime kept its...
  9. Yash

I'm speaking more to the name changes 4Kids made with One Piece (although there were plenty of pointless visual/dialogue/etc. edits too), like changing Trace to Ace or Cobra to Nebra. Frankly I'm also not convinced they couldn't have gotten away with more considering their dub of Shaman King...
  10. Yash

My guess with the Ford -> Ethan change is that they might have felt weird about him being named directly after a real person, so they instead changed it to the name of a character from the movie. I recall the directors of Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame talking about how they wanted to name...
  11. Yash

Pokémon Horizons S1 Dub Titles

Yeah, I can't remember the last time I've seen a Pokemon episode dub title that was genuinely clever. (of course, not like I actively comb through them) This isn't even the first time TPCI has eschewed with the lame puns/references, Black and White also had fairly straight translations most of...
  12. Yash

Obviously they’re delaying it so they can reinsert the Japanese music.
  13. Yash

The announcement that Netflix will begin streaming the Egghead Island arc of One Piece (the current arc in both the anime and manga, of which only one episode has aired in Japan) really drives home the point of how silly their incredibly delayed release schedule is for Horizons. And speaking...
  14. Yash

(technically we'll be 29 episodes behind, since Netflix will release the first 12 episodes in one batch, but I agree with your overall point)
  15. Yash

Review PC01: I'm Haru, the New Concierge!

Wife and I threw the first episode on and ended up watching the whole thing. Which, given that it’s only four episodes and some of them run under 20 minutes, that isn’t too surprising, but we’re already craving more. This show rules, it was much more therapeutic than I was expecting it to be...
Back
Top Bottom