• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Recent content by Zekurom

1. Z

Why do you write fan fiction?

I don't anymore, but when I did, the reason was because I really only liked Pokémon because of the Pokémon themselves, and I wanted to do things with them the way I wanted to do them, not just how the original work dictated me to do them. If you take a look at my old stories (although looking...
  2. Z

Why do people hate Gen 4 and 5 so much?

I actually have the opposite problem - I prefer Gen.4 and Gen.5 to Gens. 3 and 6, because they were the generations that got me into the Pokémon fandom. (Now, B2/W2, I could do without, but that's another story.) Even so, my favourite generation will always be Johto and GSC, and I have no...
  3. Z

POPULAR: Cliches in Pokémon Fanfiction

It depends on how the Pokémon are actually depicted. If they're just animals with animal-like intelligence, having only one personality trait is par for the course. If they have human-like intelligence, it's still hard to express those traits without the power of speech.
  4. Z

What do you find is the biggest single problem with fanfics?

I said the same thing a loooooooong while back.
  5. Z

If you could rename any Pokémon, what would you call them?

Suppose you could give a different name to a Pokémon whose name you disliked. What would you call it? Personally I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are some people with ideas.
  6. Z

I would even drop the last two and say that anything that furthers the story is okay. Implausible things tend to be non-okay only because they don't further the story. I have my Pokémon speak, mostly because it's convenient at times.
  7. Z

I wanted to try and avoid the topic becoming just "gripe about what you think is wrong with fanfics". That being said, you can list off as many as you want as long as you do eventually indicate whether there is any one that stands out especially the most.
  8. Z

Ah, it's quite alright. Although this can be a place to vent your frustrations about fanfics, it is generally good to follow the original topic as well. As I told Sadrina, please single one out.
  9. Z

While this is good commentary, the point of the question is to ask whether any one of those stands out especially strongly amongst the crowd of bad things that can happen in fiction.
  10. Z

How do you portray TMs?

I personally don't even use TM's in stories - the trainers teach their Pokémon moves and techniques by themselves.
  11. Z

Do we want TM's to stay re-usable?

Exactly. Have them either full or empty, but not with the magical ability to transfer PP from the previous move. Another way to look at it is that after spending a bunch of energy learning a move, the Pokémon has no energy left to actually do it, until some resting/healing has been done. If...
  12. Z

If you wanted that logic to apply, you would probably need to use a shared "endurance" for moves or whatever, and not have a separate count per move.
  13. Z

I guess in my case, learning a move doesn't seem like the kind of thing you should really do when you're out in the middle of the journey. It's like, say, buying a new water bottle - it starts out empty, not automatically filled with the water from your last bottle.
  14. Z

One change I would make to reusable TM's is to have the PP start from zero rather than keeping the PP from the previous move.
  15. Z

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

How do you pronounce "Noivern"? Before we get any official pronunciations, how do you pronounce the names of the new Pokémon just reading them? For example, I say "Nwa-vern" for "Noivern", the way "noi" would be pronounced in French. The jury's still out on "Vivillon", though.
Back
Top Bottom