• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Background music of the show

Is it just me, or is there no DP trainer battle music on it? Not that it matters, I'm still going to buy it, but JW.

Did those pieces ever have anime versions?

If this collection sells well, it might. The reason this collection only included remixes of game themes is because they wanted fans of the games as well as the anime fans to buy it.

They still could've put anime-only pieces on it. Oh well...

But this does have all the anime versions of the game music, right? I'm pretty sure that's the case, but I'm just making sure. (With so many pieces on this set, it'd be sad if they missed, like, a couple of them.)

I don't have the source on me, but Shinji Miyazaki has said that they will give the fans what they want as far as BGM is concerned; if the fans want it they'll release it.

C'mon, fans......

I do plan on getting this, but maybe not before I get the Zoroark one. And because I don't have Genki Ippai, this CD set is more valuable to me due to the already released Johto and Hoenn music that I don't have.

All they have to do is make a set like this for the anime-only BGM (and even better- unreleased movie BGM) and then they can release Best Wishes anime soundtracks with anime-only music and anime versions of game music. A guy can dream...

I`m so amazed. I got this thing TODAY only 2 days from the original realase date Japan -> Finland. Usually it takes 7-10 days to reach to me! And they said that it will take 4-12 days [it was ordinary Airmail shipping] Wow. CDJapan is pure win.

I have only listened couple of tracks, but so far I`m enjoying a lot, even though it isn`t pure "all-new" BGM music.

And I got that nice First Press box too~

However, I`m little disapointed, that they put some really short pieces there too [like Fanfare - Got a Pokémon!] However otherwise this is wonderful~ And this is my first not-downloaded BGM collection too~ You MUST buy this if you like Pokémon music.

And there is one of my favorite pieces [A Trainer Appears - Boy] <3
AND OH MY GOD THEY REALASED VS. JOHTO RIVAL!!! <3 I have loved this piece since I first saw Whitney-episode in TV and though that it was just amazing piece of music. I have wished this piece to be realased for SO LONG!
This CD is SUPER!

Last edited:
Got mine yesterday.

The list on Pocketmonsters.net doesn't include these, but in the booklet that came with the CD, the track listings contain these M-- codes whose meanings I can't figure out. A track listing will look like this:

1997-1998-M77A (原曲:ポケモンセンター/収録 CD① DISC 1-10)​

I can figure out what every part of that means except for the "M77A" part. Every track has this kind of code, but they don't seem to go in any order (Track 1 is M01, Track 4 is M18A, Track 6 is M13, Track 7 is M32, etc.). Is this just some internal code being used by the people at Game Freak / Pikachu Records? Are we supposed to know what any of that means?

Though I'm a bit disappointed more anime-only bgm wasn't released, I can safely say that this soundtrack really packs a punch. So many great tracks on here.

Got mine yesterday.

The list on Pocketmonsters.net doesn't include these, but in the booklet that came with the CD, the track listings contain these M-- codes whose meanings I can't figure out. A track listing will look like this:

1997-1998-M77A (原曲:ポケモンセンター/収録 CD① DISC 1-10)​

I can figure out what every part of that means except for the "M77A" part. Every track has this kind of code, but they don't seem to go in any order (Track 1 is M01, Track 4 is M18A, Track 6 is M13, Track 7 is M32, etc.). Is this just some internal code being used by the people at Game Freak / Pikachu Records? Are we supposed to know what any of that means?
Can't you enter codes in the Dream World?

That PokePeer magazine had codes for the Kanto Starters, irc.

I believe that's the so-called "M number", the individual label for that track. They're mostly for internal use, but can be used to figure out the rough timeframe a particular piece of music was made if you don't already know.

I didn't even know this collection existed until this morning. To think that my long sought-after RBY Gym music would be on it.

Been listening to it all day. XD

So with this release have we finally got all the Kanto BGM released?? If so I'd be pretty damn hard up not to buy these CD's I LOVE Kanto BGM...can someone tell if we got it all yet?

I STILL WANT OK INSTRUMENTAL HIGH QUALITY

No, there's still a heap of unreleased Kanto BGM out there, most notably the entire Pikachu's Summer Vacation soundtrack (if you count that as "Kanto").

Anyone know if the Kanto episode title screen music was released. Been looking for that.

Happy they released the Battle Frontier episode title bgm. :) (Congrats on the Evolution)

The CD only has anime adaptations of game music. (I think all of those anime adaptations, though, which makes it a complete set in some way.)

I doubt this CD has ALL game BGM that was adapted to the anime... I'm sure there's much more...

nickraman said:
Anyone know if the Kanto episode title screen music was released.

Nope.

Happy they released the Battle Frontier episode title bgm. :) (Congrats on the Evolution)

Actually, the music was used for Houen as well, but 4Kids replaced it every single time.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom